Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

Watched your new videos this weekend.  

Great work, y'all!

hiflier
BFF Donor

Ya, caves are seductive for sure. In my book I mention caves exposed or easier to see after fires. Looks like you're two people who are benefiting from that possibility. Good work! You take us with you which is ALWAYS interesting and appreciated. Madison, I agree with NorthWind, so happy that you've been able to get back to doing what you love :)

• 3 weeks later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor

2.27.21 -  NorthWind and I got up into the hills in an area where he had some possible action two years ago and a acquaintance of a friend had a sighting within a few miles. Gorgeous area, but the road was a bit sloppy with high drop offs, or we would have gone further out. We might have had a wood knock, but we're unsure.

20210227_124356.jpg

Meanwhile, spring has sprung on the Willamette Valley floor.

20210228_082340.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
hiflier
BFF Donor
15 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Meanwhile, spring has sprung on the Willamette Valley floor.

YAAAAY! Nice trail BTW.

• Upvote 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

NorthWind, it's a mushroom! Here's the one I was photographing at the same time, 20 feet down the trail, lol! Great minds think alike and all that.

I had fun yesterday!

20210227_130445.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2
Madison5716
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday, March 6, 2021 from 11 am until 4pm

Weather - 39°F at the lake and 32°F up in the mountains, alternating sun, clouds and rain.

Location - Oregon Cascades 

What Happened- NorthWind and I went to look on the Charmed Lake bed searching for prints and found nothing. So, we started driving up forest roads looking for anything interesting. We found a few oddities but nothing too interesting. On the last road before we gave up and went home, we ended up at the snow line on a small dirt road. My truck wasn't tall enough, so we stopped, parked and stretched. While doing so, Mark noticed prints in the snowed in tire marks. One was an old line of boot prints, maybe a week old and snowed in. In the snow next to them were even older prints maybe 2 weeks old, and snowed on twice. These prints stood out because they were in line and had a 3-4 foot distance between them! Definitely a possible sasquatch print. We will be back to check it out as soon as possible. 

Unfortunately it was nearly 4pm, and with darkness coming soon, we didn't have enough time to check it out in depth.

20210306_191024.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 4
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Good gumshoeing and nice find!!

• Thanks 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

I sure hope we can get up there this weekend, but both NorthWind and I have stuff happening that may delay it a week. Ugh. Stupid life, interfering with our bigfooting!

hiflier
BFF Donor

Are those partial prints that I see slightly to the left and in between the second and third prints and beyond? Someone I know mentioned it and thought perhaps the main line of prints had an alternating print that had been flattened by the left tire track. I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me. The suggestion was that it was maybe a full snowshoe track that got partially obliterated after someone drove over the ones made by the left snowshoe?

Edited by hiflier
NorthWind
4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Are those partial prints that I see slightly to the left and in between the second and third prints and beyond? Someone I know mentioned it and thought perhaps the main line of prints had an alternating print that had been flattened by the left tire track. I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me. The suggestion was that it was maybe a full snowshoe track that got partially obliterated after someone drove over the ones made by the left snowshoe?

Yeah, I thought that, too! The weird thing was in looking at the impressions was that they alternated. Right, left, right, left. That would rule out tire track coverage. I thought maybe snowshoes, too. But again, there is the stride of 48 inches. Not easy to do in bare feet, let alone with snowshoes strapped on. Or am I off base? No signs of dragging like you would expect, either, if they were snowshoes. Very strange. 

I really HOPE I can get up there this coming weekend, but I may be moving. 

• Upvote 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

They were odd and worth checking out, is all I can say for certain. They are in an area with documented sightings and our own finds, so we know there are bigfoots around there and that leaves open the possibility of the tracks being from one of them. However, we didn't have enough time to do any sort of thorough investigation. They'll probably be gone by the time we're able to get back there again, but who knows. Definitely an area of interest. We will let you all know when/if we find anything!

NorthWind

There are other features nearby. A small pond, a meadow. At least according to Google Earth. I know there is tons of wildlife up there, too. Eager to go look and explore with my eyes and ears.

Edited by NorthWind
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

And, yeah, the tracks were pretty much melted into slushy snow when we went up on Saturday.  Nothing to see. Couldn't tell where they started or ended. Hiked around a bit, bushwacked to that pond, then drove around, checking out other roads in the area.

NorthWind did find one oddly balanced pole that looked maybe not normal. 

20210313_123047.jpg

20210313_122755.jpg

20210313_131107.jpg

20210313_151348.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • 2 weeks later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Headed up to a favorite place early this morning to enjoy Second Breakfast in the woods where we've had some activity before. Nothing this morning except fog, cold crisp air and hot coffee. Here's one minute of nature therapy!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2