Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Looks beautiful especially with the rays of sun shining through the fog. I can almost imagine the silhouette of a sasquatch standing there in the woods. Thanks for sharing.

I'm chomping at the bit to get out. In another week or two.

• 3 weeks later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

April 11, Saturday.  NorthWind and I wandered around some of our old haunts but didn't have anything of interest. I took a nap while he hiked around.

20210411_153953.jpg

20210411_144211.jpg

20210411_141127.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
NorthWind

This was a dead end logging road spur. Looks like people had been there drinking and shooting quite sometime before us. I was tempted to gather up some beer bottles and lay them next to her as she slept, and THEN take the photo.  :devil:

• Haha 2
Madison5716
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)

I have no comment on the above post, LOL. 

Date & Time - Sunday, April 18, 2021, 10am to 5pm

Location - Oregon Cascades, logging roads/forest roads

Weather - utterly perfect, sunny and 75 degrees F

What Happened - We drove down a forest road, following a gorgeous creek for a dozen miles, winding into the mountains. We saw a camp site (fire ring) on the other side of the creek, so we checked it out. Had to walk across a downed tree to get there! About 20 feet from the fire ring was a structure. It had clear supports, and looked like flood brush from the other side, but it was clearly built. But it was weird. First, it was in uncomfortable river rocks and blackberry vines. Second, it was only 4 feet high, with no clear entrance. Third, there was a clear bare foot print with toes right next to it. Fourth, there was a flag-like small diameter log/big stick jammed hard into the ground about 50 feet up the road.

In my experience, one odd thing is weird, two is coincidence and three plus is suspicious. So...

Who knows? But friends have had experiences in that area - running footsteps of a bipedal something out of sight while we mushroom hunted. 

After thoroughly exploring that area, we went a few miles further, turned off the road and followed a gravel and dirt road for several miles. We stopped at a bit where we found 3 breaks and a trail. Something was moving down in the dense trees and brush but we never saw what it was.

A fun day!

Oh, and i surprised a black bear coming around a turn in the truck, and saw him run into the brush and downhill. Cool!

Here's Mark crossing the creek.

20210418_113812.jpg

Here's the structure. 

20210418_114233.jpg

Another angle. A support.

20210418_114322.jpg

The print. Could be human, bear or bigfoot. Who knows?

20210418_114600.jpg

The pole/stick.

20210418_120301.jpg

The small road were we could hear something moving around, from the snaps of stuff underfoot.

20210418_140520.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 4
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Looks like a beautiful area. You are becoming very good at finding prints. The one next to Madison's foot is someone that you easily walk by. Good catch.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Once you find something odd, freeze and look around!

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Madison5716
BFF Donor

Saturday May 15, 2021

We've been out on the woods, but are just not finding anything. 

Except an awesome future camp spot!

20210515_155537.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2
Madison5716
BFF Donor

I learned how to make a gif! 

It's where we drove yesterday. 

20210515_165957_2.gif

• Upvote 3
BFF Donor

That rock feature looks like it might be the interior of an old volcano were the soft stuff has eroded away leaving the columnar basalt of the feeder tube.    Sort of a shorter Devils Tower thing.   That kinda thing should be checked for diamonds if it is     Most of the diamonds in the world are found in such features.      Good excuse to return, camp, and have something that makes BF think you are not interested in them.      Maybe they would trade diamonds for peanut butter?  

BFF Donor

Good call SWWASAS! If BF thought trading a 1 carat gem would net them 1 half dozen Zagnut bars then NW and M could be rolling in dough ;)

BFF Donor

• Upvote 1
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
41 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Great video!  Glad to see you guys back out and at it?

Madison5716
BFF Donor

Duplicate post.

Edited by Madison5716
Madison5716
BFF Donor

We've been out several times, but been stymied by snow or closed roads etc. Looks like we should have some good stuff coming up, though. We are working up to an overnight at a hike-in lake and another hike to an area that's been closed to the public for years. Hope it's interesting! Plus, we want to hit our regular research spots, too. So much to do, so little time!

Edited by Madison5716