Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

I would not bet that an animal as large as BF could hear a dog whistle when humans cannot.   

5 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I would not bet that an animal as large as BF could hear a dog whistle when humans cannot.   

Would you bet that Sasquatch can not hear the ultrasonic noise from a trail camera?  Human senses have dulled during our evolution. I never factored in the size of an animal. For testing, one could use a dog whistle in close proximity to elk, deer, bears, elephants, giraffes, hippo's and gorillas.  Getting thrown out of the Woodlawn Park Zoo for harassing the residents is not on my bucket list though.   Whistling at the Roosevelt Elk herd at Sequim might be productive. And there are the elk that visit Packwood Motel parking lots.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Would you bet that Sasquatch can not hear the ultrasonic noise from a trail camera?  Human senses have dulled during our evolution. I never factored in the size of an animal. For testing, one could use a dog whistle in close proximity to elk, deer, bears, elephants, giraffes, hippo's and gorillas.  Getting thrown out of the Woodlawn Park Zoo for harassing the residents is not on my bucket list though.   Whistling at the Roosevelt Elk herd at Sequim might be productive. And there are the elk that visit Packwood Motel parking lots.

If you accept that humans cannot hear a dog whistle,    and BF is closer to being a human than your list of large animals, non of which are even bipedal and even remotely related to humans,    I would be very surprised if BF can hear a dog whistle.     Testing on other large animals proves nothing.   However it never hurts to experiment on BF with a dog whistle or anything else.     If you just want to elicit a response from BF,  just get into their territory and openly urninate where they can see you do it.  I know that works and is repeatable.    If you are lucky or unlucky ( it will scare the hell out of you)   they might just run you out of the area.    There will be no doubt that they are around if that happens.  

5 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

just get into their territory and openly urninate where they can see you do it

I drink a lot of coffee and frequently distribute 'Catmandoo pale ale'. I have a horizontal carafe for my tent and empty the contents at the base of a  tree / stump. They know it is me. They know your sweat.

12 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I drink a lot of coffee and frequently distribute 'Catmandoo pale ale'. I have a horizontal carafe for my tent and empty the contents at the base of a  tree / stump. They know it is me. They know your sweat.

Sounds like you have the right ammo for that experiment.    I heard a encounter report where a camper got up on night and had to pee.    It was a dark night and he went over to some nearby trees away from the tent to relieve himself.   Apparently what he though was a tree was a BF and it roared in indigation when he peed on its leg.     If true I wonder why he is still alive.    Good story true or not.  

• Haha 1

I would think that peeing on a sasquatch would be worse than poking it with a sharp stick from the sasquatch's point of view. From your point of view, neither would elicit glad tidings toward you.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, SWWASAS said:

I did until somewhere in my 30s.

17x7

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday,  July 31, 2021 from 9-1130pm (not counting drive times)

Location - Oregon Cascades, dark forest road

Weather - Glorious. 70 degrees, little wind, a bit smoky but not bad

What Happened - Mark bought a new Sionyx Aurora, so we headed to the woods where we knew we had a long stretch of road, to test for distance. It's amazing paired with his red flashlight. I put it to my phone camera lense and you will see... Otherwise, we sighted two owls on tbe way in and four deer on the way out, but the hairy giants were elsewhere apparently tonight. It was very dark.

We parked and walked a couple of times, and had to use the FLIR's to find our way back to my truck!

Go watch the video on YouTube to see it! The link is below.

20210731_210407.jpg

20210731_212545.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

Posted (edited)

Here's the link. Pardon my horrible video, lol, we could not SEE and I'm terrible with any technology.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1

That's exciting and it's amazing how well you can see at night with it.  It would interesting to see a side-by-side video using the Sionx and FLIR and compare the results. After getting the opportunity to use the Sionx at night, do you have a preference of it or the FLIR?

Question - does the Sionx need an IR illuminator (flashlight) in order to see as clearly as your video shows? 

Thank you for sharing.

Posted (edited)

If it's twilight, the Sionyx works great. If it's dark, it needs the IR illuminator light.

After using both, I'd say they have different functions. Yes, you can see more with the Sionyx, BUT you can't identify anything that you don't see with your naked eye. I suppose something hidden in the trees would remain hidden, unless it felt secure under cover of darkness, to peak out.

The FLIR uncovers what cannot be hidden - heat signatures. There's no hiding from it unless you're behind something or in super dense brush that breaks up your outline, so you look like several hot rocks or something similar. 

Together - the FLIR can identify hidden heat signatures and you could take a better look with the Sionyx and take good photos. Together, their strengths compliment one another in initial identification and follow-up. 

Edited by Madison5716

Posted (edited)

Date & Time - Saturday, August 7, 2021

Weather - Well, it was 95 in the city but closer to 80 I think in the mountains. Very nice, with a slight breeze; enough of a breeze to feel great. 

Location - A reservoir in the Oregon Cascades

What Happened - We have an ongoing interest in this lake. It's very remote and unvisited. It lies in one direction that the bigfoots from "the Charmed Lake" might have fled after last autumn's fires. So far, we've found nothing but hope springs eternal, especially when it's so pretty! Mark tried his dog whistle - no response. His crow caller got an answer, though. I went fishing and caught bottom weeds. On the way back, when we were nearly to the car, we both heard crackling stick breaks about four times above us as we hiked. We could see nothing. Could have been a deer, but nothing was showing up on the FLIR. In fact, except for birds, the only animal we saw this week was a coyote - in town, on the green between highway off-on ramps! Oh, well. We'll keep looking, of course. There was a small forest fire nearby - the stormy weather this past week brought 3000 lightening strikes and a dozen small fires and a few big ones. I would really hate to see the forests go up in flames again this year :(

20210807_130953.jpg

IMG_20210807_222946_101.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Beautiful and rugged looking country . To me that just looks like Bigfoot country .

To us, too, @7.62!

• gigantor unfeatured this topic