Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

They do look similar in length and the angle the toes present.  I'm not sure how wide the top footprint is compared to the bottom as the top has vegetation in it. Any thoughts about that?

Wouldn't that be great if they were from the same mama. That would certainly provide a lot more information about her patterns of travel...or lack thereof.

Great job!

They are from opposite sides of the same lake, about 100 yards from each other, two years apart. I hope we can find more over the coming months and get some more corroborating evidence... or not. Either way, more info is good.

Edited by Madison5716

Gorgeous area and both you and Northwind are stepping up to the plate and hitting some long balls.  I'm thrilled for both of you. Were you able to record the  audio of the tree fall or wood knock?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Were you able to record the  audio of the tree fall or wood knock?

Yes. Got the knock. The tree fall was really too distant to pick up on camera or audio, but we had both devices running at the time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Great video. You've got that process down pat. Did you and Madison stay overnight? You two are getting a lot of action in this and the other spot between tree knocks and tree(s) falling down.  Funny thing is, I've backpacked all my adult life and never remember hearing a tree come down until I started sasquatching.

I think a 10mm Glock would be a good choice along with some flat-nose, hardcast rounds to accompany it. 

Keep up the great work!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It's odd, perhaps, with a very close tree knock right after we arrived, but at no time did I feel threatened. There was none if that "hair standing on end" or creepy feeling that so frequently accompanies possible bigfoot activity. It was non-threatening. So much so, that I looked for deer or elk, and Mark scanned with the FLIR. Nothing. But it was unequivocally a solid wood knock and nothing else. I want to go back, but the drive in is awful. 

On 9/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, Madison5716 said:

once again my tiny backpacking pole caught nothing

Have you considered an upgrade?   Weighs less than 13oz. 

IMG_3547.JPG

Maybe.

I just need to bring the big pole. Besides, it breaks down to the same size as the small pole - just in 2 pieces. Or, I could bring the fly fishing rod and practice but it weighs more because of the case. I just think it's a nice "cover" activity to do while keeping my ears and eyes open out in the forest, kwim?

• 2 weeks later...

Date & Time - Saturday, October 9, 2021, from 11 to 2pm at the lake plus later mushroom hunting time.

Weather  - Perfect. 75°F, no wind, sunshine

Location- A lake in the Oregon Cascades 

What's Happened-

NorthWind and I went mushroom hunting, but we passed one of our usual lakes along the way and could not resist the lure of looking for prints in the mud. We parked, and hiked down to the flats. We began walking away from the traveled areas, crossed a few runoff creeks and BINGO.

We found at least 3 track lines, two of them a double set (2 print makers), plus lots of random prints. There were probably over a hundred barefoot prints over the course of a a half mile. 

We have found this before at several lakes - we are pretty darn sure these are bigfoot prints - and the littles come down to play in the mud, while a bigger one watches from the trees. This time, we did find a 14 inch print at the edge of the grass! It's speculation, but perhaps they assume the small prints are enough like human prints to blend in (and they are, to a degree). 

BUT. They give it away with in-line walking, midtarsal breaks, the depth of the prints and the location - there is a ridiculous amount of broken glass on the lake bottom. It's hazardous! Only idiots would walk barefoot there (but there are humans that stupid, of course, so we scrutinize everything and consider all possibilities).

The other dead giveaway is the distance heel to heel. In the two lines, there was up to 72 inches between steps. Zoom my photos and see for yourself. I had a six foot tape, and a couple were another few inches even. That's a SIX FOOT stride, on a 9-inch print. There were a couple of  6 inchers, a plethora of 9 inchers, several 11-12 inchers and one 14 inch print. SO cool!

Unfortunately we didn't have casting materials because my truck would not start and we had to take NorthWind's truck instead.

After a few hours marveling over the prints, we continued on searching for chanterelles, but came up empty.

An amazing day. Yes, we've sent the info to a few well-known researchers. Videos should be up soon at our YouTube channels.

20211009_140210.jpg

20211009_130509.jpg

20211009_114213.jpg

IMG_20211009_224043_559.jpg

One of the double track lines. The left line is between 27 and 30 inches heel to heel, and the right, between 57 and 72 inches.

20211009_130103.jpg

20211009_133057.jpg

20211009_133044.jpg

20211009_124913.jpg

Here's the other double line, same basic measurements. 

20211009_131041.jpg

20211009_131720.jpg

Here's the 72 inch measurements.

20211009_125318.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1

Do you two realize that most people never see a single footprint that pristine. You have a trackway and more. The impressions seem very deep too. Comparatively speaking, how deep did your shoe/boot prints go into the substrate? What's your best guess as to how old the prints were? Many believe Patty was around 6'3" and we know her step length was 41".  It makes me wonder if the 72" step-length tracks were made while running.  That's Carl Lewis long-jump distance for heaven's sakes!

I'd be putting trailcams along the treeline in the picture where Northwind was kneeling to try to capture them.  Ones that have the longest detection range. When you're at the lake, do you have cell service there? I'm sure the answer is no but, if yes, you could put a cellular trailcam there and get pictures sent to you as it happens.

On balance, your day ended up far from empty. Quite full actually...you hit the jackpot!!  Way to go.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@wiiawiwb I sincerely apologize! I realized I downvoted your comment by accident. I changed it now. 

I am leary of trailcams to be honest. For whatever reason, they seem to drive them away, and I have witnessed that effect first hand. 

My footprints were quite minimal, and I am a bigger than average fellow. But the ground is much drier now than when we had a good soaking rain a week ago, which is when I think these prints were made. 

Still some of them were pretty clear, and even had partial (very partial) dermal ridges. In two of them, I think, the ridges seemed to run parallel with the foot, but I cannot be certain. 

Here's the video I was able to cobble together even after I messed up and didn't record a lot of close ups when I thought the camera was recording.

• Like 1

And here's my video. I have a couple more 3-4 minute long videos and one 15-minute video, but I want to try my hand at editing. This one, however, looked good to stand on it's own. Plus it's one of the two excellent print lines!

Our prints didn't go deep at all, just on the surface. But, I think these were made a week ago when it was raining. It's had a week to dry out and solidify. Some of the prints were four inches deep. I don't think either of us left any prints, and neither of us are lightweights. Now it's raining again and my truck broke down, so I can't get back. Looks like I'm on the city bus until I can get it fixed and NorthWind will have to drive on our weekend jaunts out to the woods!

Yes, we recognize how fortunate we are. DEFINITELY. We just happen to be blessed with living at Ground Zero for sasquatch experiences. I have started a note book, and we have thirteen research locations, ranging from sites where we've found interesting things, like twisted branches on lonely trails in the middle of nowhere, all the way up to our sighting locations. We are extremely fortunate to be where we are.

, we 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

A few more photos I found interesting. 

Midtarsal breaks?

96986.jpeg

96972.jpeg

96974.jpeg

There were lots more, but thought I'd post these because I found them quite interesting.

Edited by NorthWind
Addition / edit