Searching For Bigfoot in Oregon

Madison5716

Gotta run to the office and will look at these later. Between the recent wood knocks at the small lake and now the footprints and trackway, I am reminded of a lyric in Don McLean's song, American Pie.  "They caught the last train for the coast...."

That'll be me and I'm coming your way!!

• Upvote 2

That would be awesome! A collaboration with wii!

WHEE!

Edited by Madison5716

44 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

That would be awesome! A collaboration with wii!

WHEE!

Now don't go spouting off your Wii whee here, @Madison5716

• Like 1

Saturday, October 16, 2021

NorthWind and myself went mushroom hunting, but had no bigfoot incidents at the Mushroom Mtn location like last year. However,  WE GOT CHANTERELLES! So that's awesome. 

On the way back, we scouted the lake with the prints we found last week for a potential night stake out.

And I literally ran into a horrifically BIG spider. It's body was an inch long. Eeek! Absolutely horrifying. 

20211016_124629.jpg

20211016_142225.jpg

IMG_20211016_181840_492.jpg

IMG_20211016_182639_917.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 3

Great picking! I can almost taste those from here.

That's an interesting spider. I'm glad you could get out today, we're in the middle of a 3 day "atmospheric river", with seemingly endless torrential rain. One town in Howe Sound got 129mm in one day; that's over 5" of rain!!

Madison ... meet Argiope aurantia.

https://animaldiversity.org/accounts/Argiope_aurantia/pictures/collections/contributors/tanya_dewey/argiope/

https://usaspiders.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Argiope-aurantia-back-bottom-side.jpg

Your picture is more spectacular than any other one I've seen of that spider. The patterns on your picture are vivid and distinct. You ought to license and sell copies of your picture...seriously. Here's one that is in FineArtAmerica.com:

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/argiope-aurantia-sean-green.jpg

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

I remember as a 5-6 year old kid in Eastern Tennessee my folks had moved into a house closer to school yet still rural. The new neighbor kids came to meet me and my siblings for the first time and as we were all walking around the house we saw one of those big guys. Its web was spun in a corner between the house and the outside corner of a brick chimney. I noticed the wide, bright, squiggly line on the web and my new neighbor "friend," leaned toward me and in a quiet voice told me that if the spider writes your name, you die. It was an interesting concept ;) but even as a naive little kid, I knew somehow that it wasn't true.

Wii, thanks for the compliment - I would have no idea how to go about that lol.

Sadly, I think I broke his leg when we ran into each other. Poor guy. Just minding his own business out in the grass and BAM, some bumbling human comes along and crashes into him. And SCREAMS. I was looking for prints on the ground instead of watching where I was going. UGH.

Hiflier - kids can be terrible. But what a great tale!

BC = five inches. Wow! No thanks. But I'm sure our deluges are coming along any day now. Especially since my truck is broken and I'm bussing it now. I love standing in the rain at the bus stop (not).

Edited by Madison5716

A good spider to have in your garden. Some of those smaller tracks in your photo's look kind of canine. The others do have that bigfoot to them. Were you able to track these tracks to see haw far they went and where they went. That would be some thing to really do. Track this creatures that made them and see where they have traveled. I would do it both ways, just to get an idea of their path. But anywhoo good find. Kudoos to you both.

@ShadowBorn - we do follow the tracks. The are mostly at the edges of the grasses. They lead back into the grass and blackberry brambles, towards the highway and the forest beyond. Sometimes they start in harder soil and get into the deep muddy parts, and then back into the hard. In that one line, there were 48 tracks about 37 inches apart consistently. The bigger prints were between 57 and 72 inches, and there were around 26 of them, or so.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

if the spider writes your name, you die.

If it writes "some pig" you will live. There is proof positive in that documentary I saw when I was a kid.

Yes, we certainly do follow the tracks both ways. Every time. One set just vanished once. And another just appeared. Very strange. The ones that come from the grasses and blackberries are the ones that really boggle me. I cannot imagine being barefoot in that crap. Even when I was a youthful NorthBreeze and would spend most of the day ramming around barefoot and my feet were tougher than a cheap piece of beef jerky, I would never walk through that stuff.

We intend to go out there at night and watch. The trouble is that we will be a few minutes at best from the safety of the truck. So, we will need to really watch each other's backs, and I fully trust @Madison5716. Besides, I think I can out run her!

Only if you push me down, NorthWind!

Maybe we should bring my kid after all or one of the newbies who want to tag along     :crazy:

• Haha 1