Gray Bigfeet and Yetis

norseman

From John Green's the apes among us:

"Color described are almost identical to the hair color range in humans, although it seems probable that there are sasquatches with hair that is actually grey rather than just some other color and hairs without pigment. Of 407 animals described, 126 were said to have dark hair, 79 were black, 49 were brown, 30 white, 29 grey, 23 light, 23 dark brown, 23 red brown, 13 light brown, seven silver-tipped, four light grey and one dark grey. 

Grouping similar shades together, 50 percent were black or dark, 27 percent were some shade of brown, 15 percent were light in color and eight percent were some shade of grey. The percentages on the west coast were about the same in each area, except that there were 27 percent light colors reported in Oregon, and only six percent in California. Biggest variation from the average was in the eastern states, where 69 percent were dark or black and only four percent light or white. In the central states, on the other hand, 39 percent were dark or black, and 30 percent light or white. Only 15 percent of the animals reported in the eastern states were brown. No grey sasquatches were reported in Canada east of British Columbia, and very few black ones, yet in the eastern United States black was the common color, and there was a higher percentage of greys there than anywhere else. Most white ones were in Washington and Oregon. There were non in California."

I had a recent conversation with OkieFoot regardin' hair colours of squirrels, how he'd only ever seen one black squirrel, while for myself, black was the most common colour.

Pat...

SSR Team

That’s really interesting Pat, thanks for sharing.

I’ll match those numbers up with what we have, and at first glance they look very similar.

BobbyO,

You're welcome.

It is interestin', from Wikipedia :

The eastern gorilla is more darkly coloured than the western gorilla, with the mountain gorilla being the darkest of all. The mountain gorilla also has the thickest hair. The western lowland gorilla can be brown or grayish with a reddish forehead. In addition, gorillas that live in lowland forests are more slender and agile than the more bulky mountain gorillas. The eastern gorilla also has a longer face and broader chest than the western gorilla.

Although I believe there has only been one white gorilla that I know of, a western lowland gorilla Snowflake. It has been suggested his albinism was due to inbreedin'.

Pat...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic