Arvedis

Honey Island Swamp Monster 8mm

Patterson-Gimlin
On 11/30/2018 at 12:12 AM, Arvedis said:

I think I saw that on YouTube and it is a good analysis.  I must have missed the mention of a ghillie suit though it certainly is a plausible theory.

There is a lot more to this that we do not know. I wish I could have interviewed Harlan Ford myself since what I really want to know is why was he randomly filming nothing and then there is a jump to inside the swamp with the bipedal walker barely visible?  If we didn't know what to look for then it would have been missed by a casual observer.

I asked his granddaughter and she shut me down because I was asking too many questions.  I wanted to rule out the possibility she may have edited the film and I never got a straight answer. One theory I am kicking around is it is separate films edited together to try and form continuity. One was elderly Ford enjoying nature and randomly filming nothing and  I am thinking the jumpy sequence was another time altogether with him on on expedition to track the creature and that is all he managed to get. Same camera, same type of film, same swamp can easily be stitched together to look the same.

I also think he was reluctant to make his film known because he didn't want to be labeled a loon in that swamp community he lived in. That and because it is inconclusive and he made some mistakes like slipping off the camera trigger making it look even more jumpy because he couldn't steady the camera in those seconds he needed to. Then the face palm of running out of film when he really needed not to. I really don't think anyone would film a hoax with seconds left on a roll of film. 

As for the casts, the swamp is mostly mud and the thing is 3 toed, which is the cryptid variety in the southern U.S.  I am no expert with casts but i don't hold that against him for not getting picture perfect examples.

Her reluctance definitely raises a red flag 

I thought the film was interesting, but certainly not a Bigfoot 

I am more convinced than ever trickery is involved at the very least by the granddaughter whom has profited from said hoax.

Shellyspencer

I've not seen this one before, the footage is very brief and distant, surely a hoaxer would have made more effort to make it a little more conclusive/obvious.  I'd have expected a hoaxer to have at least one or two good frames, something this doesn't have at all. I like this film.

Patterson-Gimlin

Hoax was not a great choice of a word.

Misidentification of a man in a ghillie suit exploited by her for profit seems more appropriate.