Sad news - Bill Dranginis RIP

BobbyO

SSR Team

RIP Thermal Pioneer - William Michael Dranginis 1.18.59 - 12.3.18

Good guy with a good heart as I understand, I am sure he now has his answers.

I have a few close friends who knew him well.  Rest in peace.

BFF Patron

Bill was easy going and willing to share, he got me up to speed with his reporting early on as I became interested in the topic.

He was willing to communicate with fellow researchers.  I hope he got close knowledge of the target cryptid and had a sighitng or two in his brief trip on our planet.

Because I have not been able to stay in one place for long lately, I never was able to take him up on his west virginia outings at a remote property with cabin he had bought.

My loss as he will be greatly missed!

I will always remember his Eye Gotcha pioneering equipment development to try to catch visuals of these enigmas.  He told me that the plotwatchers had it all over his invention and was backing away from it. 

Edited by bipedalist

I remember his heavy investment in gear and his mobile research vehicle. It seemed he was going to get results. May he rest in peace.

I know that it has been awhile since his passing and it seems wrong that not to many people knows who Bill was with in the Bigfoot world .But He ranks up there with all the rest who have gone before him as a pioneer in research. As Southernyahoo has mentioned he did invest a lot of his time and money in the making of his research vehicle. He had come up with some great ideas on setting up camera traps so that these creatures would not be able to hear the inner workings of them. He had ideas of coming up with ideas of hiding these trail cams with in a natural looking look so that it would not be notice or heard.  So yes he will be missed. God Bless and Fair Winds Bill. May the truth now be known to you. My condolences to the family.

Admin

Sorry to hear this, he was a good guy. Many years ago I talked to him on the phone. He spent probably an hour or so talking to me and going into more detail about his sighting near where I lived at the time. He gave up an hour of his time to talk to somebody he had never met or even heard of. Yep, a really good guy. The world of BF will miss him!

On 12/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, bipedalist said:

I will always remember his Eye Gotcha pioneering equipment development to try to catch visuals of these enigmas.  He told me that the plotwatchers had it all over his invention and was backing away from it. 

Bipedalist, could you elaborate ?   

William Drangnis was kind enough to explain to me where he was in the Eyegotcha process back in 2010.  This is from an email he sent me;

"Just to have ten circuit boards made, the cost is 1200.00 each! The cost goes down when 50 or 100 units are ordered, but I don't have 12K lying around to purchase the first ten units. The Night Vision Laboratories at Ft. Belvoir purchased one of my prototypes and they like it. But they have no money to buy more, the Government is broke. Same goes with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife. The EyeGotcha unit I designed works great and it allows any 12vdc camera to be used with it, night vision, thermal or any other off the shelf brand. It can even power up a separate infrared illuminators. So until I can get a customer to purchase a number of these units, I'm stuck. The other units I'm talking about are from overseas and I've been trying to get them design a cheaper EyeGotcha but they responded that they have their own products they want to sell. But they do have a couple similar products and I will be selling those. One unit is a camera, pir detector and cell phone. Once activated, it will send two pictures to your cell phone of what tripped the system. Then you can call the phone back to take more pictures of listen to audio at the camera deployment site. Those cameras will sell for about 250.00, but you will need to purchase a phone sim card to activate the camera. You can add another line on your existing contract for about ten dollars a month. I've been using them and they work really well. I can also call the camera anytime to take a couple pictures just to see what’s going on. So there you have it, I've been trying but it's just difficult to get things off the ground."

I kept checking his website but there were no more Eyegotcha updates, so I assume it never went anywhere.

Here is a link to the Eyegotcha page ;  https://virginiabigfootresearch.org/?p=122

BFF Patron

Can't elaborate, I just know I wanted to try out the product when released. 

You got more detail than I even had. 

It sounds like somebody beat him to the punch in many of the features and cost prohibitive start-up may have been part of the problem.