Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Why the downvotes? He's making an offer for anyone wanting to actually kill one and prove existence to the public.

Exactly...

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

So post those directions, and get happy.

PM me and I'll get you started.

Old Mort has been a very knowledgeable and level headed poster in the PGF subforum for some time, I'd hardly consider him full of scat, possibly a smartass lol but not full of scat.   

When is the best time to go out to Plumas county ? I see that there is Plumas National Forest, is this the area that they hang out in. Now you do know it is hard to trans port a hand gun or a rifle across state lines. But a bow or a cross bow I am sure would not be a problem. What are the laws that one would have to consider ? In the state of Michigan it is not recognized in existence but I am sure That California it would be different and one would have to worry about prosecution. I would have no problem driving out there with my son and my dog and try to get a clear picture first for my own records. Get a lay of the land and find what evidence that is there..

Twist

I am not saying that he is not knowledgeable but rather then tease why not bring some thing to the table that would make it worth it. By worth it I mean in the form of evidence. If one is going to place them selves in danger to put one of these creatures on a slab then one should be asking for good evidence.  Using a rifle is not the ideal to tool to use to take one down since it will alert others around. A clear shot through the spinal is the only way to bring one down. A severed spinal by the neck where it will stop it from running and alerting is the key in bringing one in.  Cross bows and bows are great tools since they are so silent yet deadly. This why I would like to see what evidence you have found. Shooting one is not a easy task even with a camera in hand and those who have tried have been very lucky.

8 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

........Now you do know it is hard to trans port a hand gun or a rifle across state lines.........

What? I transport both rifles and handguns all the time on domestic flights, not to mention the trunk of my rental cars........even in the passenger area of the vehicle in the case of vans.

........What are the laws that one would have to consider ?

An annual non-resident hunting license in California costs $168, and a tag for wild pig costs $78 (pigs are open year round), so for $246, you can quite legally carry a rifle, handgun, and ammo in the trunk of your vehicle everywhere in the state, or walk around on public lands locked and loaded, every day of the license year, and there’s isn’t a damned thing anybody can do about it.

• Upvote 1

Hey Huntster

Don't bite my head off brother! Every state has there own laws on how a gun should be carried . Besides I have never transported my guns to any other state besides residing in the state of Michigan. As far as flying there are permits that you have to fill out in order to trans port your rifle on an aircraft and I am not one to fly. Now if these creatures do not exist then why would we need a tag to hunt one. This why it is vital to find if it is ok to do so with out one. Now if one does get shot and does get brought in for study will you get in trouble for shooting an exotic animal. Is there a law against this. Other wise this is mute and these creatures are very much protected in California. It does not matter if they exist or not they are protected by the very laws that are set in place in the State of California. You can buy all the tags one wants and still that will not help in bagging a this creature.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/california-gun-laws/#ca-law

5 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

.........As far as flying there are permits that you have to fill out in order to trans port your rifle on an aircraft and I am not one to fly.........

That is inaccurate. It is not a “permit”.When you check your firearm as luggage, iypt must be in a hard sided, lockable firearms case, and it must be locked. It must be declared to the agent, and you sign a declaration acknowledging that it is properly packed and unloaded.

Ammunition must be either in a container manufactured to hold ammunition or in its original packaging. You are not required to declare ammo.

.........Now if these creatures do not exist then why would we need a tag to hunt one........

Hunting permits to hunt sasquatches are not available anywhere. A hunting license and tag legally justifies the possession of firearms both in your car and on your person. Wild pig tags are usually valid year round in the western states, and tend to be the cheapest big game tags available.

..........Now if one does get shot and does get brought in for study will you get in trouble for shooting an exotic animal. Is there a law against this.

Whoever kills a Bigfoot can likely count on a myriad of aggressive and vengeful legal persecutions ranging from illegal big game hunting to murder. It would be best to take some photos, get a gps fix on the location, quickly cut off a hand, foot, and head (which together probably weigh up to 50 lbs), put them in a burlap bag, and immediately drive to Idaho State University where you walk into Jeff Meldrum’s office, put it on his desk, give him the gps coordinates, and drive away without a word. 

• Upvote 3

SSR Team

Plumas and all bordering Counties.

53 Reports, Shasta County highest with 25 Reports with the next County (Butte) not in double figures (8).

Dark Brown and Brown most common colours reported.

79% of All Reports are from Summer and Fall, with most common hour for a report in these seasons coming from 22:00 - 22:59.

From Summer and Fall, Camping is the most popular witness activity for a report.

45 Reports from May to October, with 40% of Reports from 3,000ft to 5,500ft in elevation.

Thanks Huntster

For being very informative . I am not trying to be a smart a** but trying to get a bead on the thinking of what it would take in another state. As for my self I would love to go to a new area and see for my self what it would be like what these creatures are like in that area. I know no one out there and would love to know other areas of our states. As a teen I was camping at the  Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. This is where I believe I had my first encounter with these creatures. But I just blew it off as other hikers walking through our camp in the middle of the morning. When I woke up in the morning I heard this strange sound in the far distance but never thought nothing of it.

I did camp out in California but I never thought nothing about Bigfoot and it was never on my mind as a teen. Now in Michigan I spent my time in the woods and have had my encounters with these creatures. I have told a researcher here in Michigan how I have planned to shoot one with my bow. Yes I spent my time on the stand waiting and knowing that they were there but with no luck. I could hear them off in a distance and the evidence was there so that I would see it. They would break limbs but never place them selves in a spot that I could drive an arrow through them. They would knock in different directions and it all felt like warnings. Now I can go on and on till it goes into the subject that every one objects. Like I said it gets boring on a stand at times. So when it does one is willing to try things and I did. This is why I am so objectionable towards those who have gone underground. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. I have tried to get the photos and no luck but have come close. I have seen the deer they have killed and heard other hunters stories of what they saw that was strange. The thing is I keep learning and have asked people to go with me to hunt one of them for the lab and so far no offers. I go to some meetings just to get an idea on how they are moving through my state.I just try not to say that much at times. Hunting them can take on many meanings to me. Maybe one can be shot and maybe one cannot it is a matter of time.

Bobby 

Thank you for that info. Is there a reason why there are encounters for only an hours time. I like that it is the summer time and it seems reasonable that they would be around the activity of camping.  

BFF Patron
3 hours ago, Huntster said:

Whoever kills a Bigfoot can likely count on a myriad of aggressive and vengeful legal persecutions ranging from illegal big game hunting to murder. It would be best to take some photos, get a gps fix on the location, quickly cut off a hand, foot, and head (which together probably weigh up to 50 lbs), put them in a burlap bag, and immediately drive to Idaho State University where you walk into Jeff Meldrum’s office, put it on his desk, give him the gps coordinates, and drive away without a word. 

That probably is the wisest narrative I have seen on how to handle a BF body.     Let Jeff and the State or Feds, fight it out, get the permits, and the mystery man or woman who did the shooting stays unnamed and not charged.     

Edited by SWWASAS

I put together a spreadsheet a couple of years ago to figure out the best, cheapest, most accessable, deer, elk, and pronghorn hunts in the western states, and how difficult it would be for non-residents to get tags. To my great surprise, I found California to be almost the cheapest state to hunt deer, and there are over-the-counter tags available precisely in the best sasquatch habitat........the northwest corner of the state. The overall success rates hover around 30% for blackmail. That isn’t great, but it isn’t terrible, either, and it puts me in prime sasquatch country with a legal rifle slung over my back.

That started me thinking.............deer season is only a few weeks long, but the cheap pig tag is good for the entire year. That’s inexpensive  legal justification to pack guns in a state whose government absolutely hates guns.............

8 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

That probably is the wisest narrative I have seen on how to handle a BF body.     Let Jeff and the State or Feds, fight it out, get the permits, and the mystery man or woman who did the shooting stays unnamed and not charged.     

It still might not work. They could squeeze Dr. Meldrum into providing enough information to find the killer. But it seems like the best way to get the proof to a good place and avoid trouble. I suppose there might be a way to ship it to him, but I don’t trust transporters. 

Hell, I don’t trust anybody...........

Having a California fishing license may be good enough. Everyone I've disgust this with has never heard about this. Where I hike there are no wild pigs, so a fishing license would be better for me. I would suggest talking to the area Fish and Wildlife Officer where you want to go hiking or camping to get the full scoop on the legalities of having a gun in National Forest in California. I've talked to County, CHP and Fish and Wildlife, pretty much all the same answers. So far where I hike I'm all good and legal without a fishing license. But if I wanted to conceal I would get one just for that ( "hold on Mr Mountain lion while I get my gun out of my backpack, don't pounce on me just yet")🤔

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=54595.0

There is also what are called grey areas with gun laws when encountering Law Enforcement, depending on what Officer you come upon, they can decide which way they want to handle the situation. For example, if I have infared night vision monoculars that are able to attach to a gun, but I do not have it attached and I'm open carrying for protection, that Officer can either believe me or not and give me a citation or worse thinking I was hunting at night. ("No Officer, I was searching for Bigfoot").🙄

Edited by MindSquatch

California has some new ammo laws that I don't understand, never mind gun laws. I don't think my Sig p226 is cali legal. Plus I don't think I can bring a handgun into that  s___hole anyway. How can anyone want to live there?? The liberals have destroyed the state beyond repare. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

California has some new ammo laws that I don't understand, never mind gun laws. I don't think my Sig p226 is cali legal. Plus I don't think I can bring a handgun into that  s___hole anyway. How can anyone want to live there?? The liberals have destroyed the state beyond repare. 

You may want to get some better clarification on not being able to bring a handgun into California. Ammunition, new law takes affect 07/01/2019 on lead bullets. Can't have a clip that holds more than 10 rounds, already in effect. Here's some other information on ammunition from a Sac Bee article.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article124089319.html

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Huntster said:

I put together a spreadsheet a couple of years ago to figure out the best, cheapest, most accessable, deer, elk, and pronghorn hunts in the western states, and how difficult it would be for non-residents to get tags. To my great surprise, I found California to be almost the cheapest state to hunt deer, and there are over-the-counter tags available precisely in the best sasquatch habitat........the northwest corner of the state. The overall success rates hover around 30% for blackmail. That isn’t great, but it isn’t terrible, either, and it puts me in prime sasquatch country with a legal rifle slung over my back.

That started me thinking.............deer season is only a few weeks long, but the cheap pig tag is good for the entire year. That’s inexpensive  legal justification to pack guns in a state whose government absolutely hates guns.............

It still might not work. They could squeeze Dr. Meldrum into providing enough information to find the killer. But it seems like the best way to get the proof to a good place and avoid trouble. I suppose there might be a way to ship it to him, but I don’t trust transporters. 

Hell, I don’t trust anybody...........

For sure it would not work with me.   Meldrum knows me.   And his college likely has enough security cameras that they could ID your face and your car if he does not.       I think they have digitized passport photos and can match photographs of people to anyone that holds a passport.    Might be better to find where he lives and knock on the door in the night and leave.   Another tack would be to claim you found the body.   That might cost you a gun you would have to get rid of because they would check what you have.    I was at the first BF conference that Smedja attended after his supposed shooting.    I think he thought he would be some sort of hero but most treated him like scum or a hoaxer.    I think there are plenty around who would treat any BF killer the same way.    Past instances where someone claimed to have a body usually did not get enough interest to have anyone like Meldrum come and look.   All to date have turned out to be hoaxes.  

• Thanks 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic