Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

20 minutes ago, Twist said:

what % of NA Grizzly experts are located in AK?  Where else are they if not AK ?  

Western Canada, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

46 minutes ago, Twist said:

what % of NA Grizzly experts are located in AK?  Where else are they if not AK ?  

Stephen Herrero is Canadian. Russia has lots of bear experts, primarily because most of the worlds brown bears are there.

SSR Team
On 12/18/2018 at 1:20 AM, bipedalist said:

That area West of Capital Forest and Oakville does look like prime habitat with farmlands and rivers, lots of cove areas and nooks and crannies for the amorous Squatch.

Especially in Spring..;)

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, norseman said:

Western Canada, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

I have emailed a grizzly expert at Washington State.    Cannot remember his name right now.   So they are spread around at the various universities.   

44 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I have emailed a grizzly expert at Washington State.    Cannot remember his name right now.   So they are spread around at the various universities.   

Sounds like you received  response to your email then. How long did it take? Just curious ;) 

BFF Patron

It was only two or three days.   It was not limited to one email.    I found him by looking at the University departments and noticed his area of expertise was grizzly.     I mentioned recording infra sound from some unknown animal and asked him if bears were known to produce infra sound.   When he said no we discussed other animals.     I was hoping it would interest him or some graduate student and get them looking into it.  Hoping that it might lead them to suspecting bigfoot especially since I found a BF footprint about 1/4 mile from the infra sound location.    I never mentioned BF and they did not take the bait.    I keep looking for someone associated with a Washington University that is interested in BF.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 3

I do find that academia does respond quite readily.....depending on the subject. And keeping things along scientific lines does help.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, NathanFooter said:

To be honest, many have suffered from a lack of success and as result gone Woo ( a free ticket out for the brain when you have done everything and still come out with nothing ), they no longer not see the need to chase reports or data.  They think they can have a habituation site in the side yard next to the bird feeder.  

If they have not gone Woo then they simply drop the subject out of frustration, doing anything for 8 to 10 years with no direct success can eat at a person.  They come in with preconceived notions about how things are going to happen and become disappointed.  Failure is the biggest blow in this subject and eventually wipes away almost every name under the title of researcher.

The truth is these are not creatures you can just go find and film.  They are likely very rare, fear human contact and just plain don't hold a position in any given place long enough to be advanced upon. People have a hard time grasping that something is better at the game then they are.  The fear of failure or being wrong is the only thing that keeps money and time from this subject. 

Thank you Nathan

I just wish that I could help with the investigation of some of these reports in my area which is the State of Michigan. I am not sure about the woo part and I do understand it since I have experience this my self. But how does one prove this side of them? when there is no possible way.  I have sat in tree stands hoping to get glimpse 's of them and yet with no luck  nothing. They seem to know the boundary's of my tree stand and will stay well beyond my bow range and my crossbow. The same goes with shotgun as well as with rifle . But yet are more then willing to wait for a free meal by any hunter hunting game.

The Bfro has lost some thing that was really working for them.Not saying that they are going down hill but to loose members due to fees in order to investigate well that Is different. If money is more important then learning the truth  and trying to recruit good investigators. Then we will never know the truth about these creatures . Then the Bfro is on a down fall on it own . I have always been very negative about their outings and how they have promoted  as a guide to help others on finding Bigfoot. Sure that they may use them as recruitment but it comes with a price. Now it is no longer is it being used for research but for tourism . Sure you may say that you are teaching them. But still it is like a glorified tour guide service that are helping people who are unable to find these creatures un their own. I do not want to be like mean about it and am trying to be nice as I can. I can see how there are people out there who might not be able to go out into the woods on there own. This is perfect for them since it makes them feel safer and offers them to experience what some might not.

What lacks is the evidence that some might expect what they pay for the experience .We all know that these creature do not behave on cue and when do they? Never. But most in experience do not understand this and expect what they pay for. I think that it is best that I just shut up and keep my mouth shut and not say a word. I should not judge since I have not been on one of these trips. My problem is that I might not be welcome since I am to aggressive. That I am more then willing to move toward the rock throwing or the tree movement or whatever  other thing that these creatures might be doing. That I am more inclined to in danger myself to gain the proof that is needed then to back away. That I am more willing to carry my pistol on my side for self defense knowing that on that other side I am not being hoaxed.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I wonder if the BFRO has thought about changing their business model?    Most similar organizations have open membership where members pay an annual fee to be part of the organization.   I am a member of three of these associated with aviation.   The Aircraft Owners and Pilot Association is a large organization that promotes aviation, has regional and national conferences, and provides a lot of classes, information and services to its membership.    It has existed for decades.        The expedition thing for the BFRO could continue and be open to non members but members probably should be discounted.    More people are interested in the BFRO and its products that can take the time to go on expeditions which are limited in number,  regionally limited, and expensive.   Members should receive the benefit of expedition results, have access to the whole data base.     One would think a steady income stream would be of more benefit to the organization than what is raised solely from expeditions.   I suspect that this would never be considered.     Moneymaker wants to stay in control.   He also envisioned a by invitation only membership.    Good old boys club,   secret society,   fraternity comes to mind, where he can boot anyone he does not like or agree with.     None of this promotes science.    If the BFRO was run like other similar organizations Moneymaker would have been removed from the leadership for failure to provide good leadership and causing the downward slide.  

If a competing organization used my business model,   which works for many other special interest organizations, it would quickly replace the failing BFRO.  

While I wish the BFRO had a different policy on admitting potential researchers, and that they worked harder at investigating and following up on reports, it isn't my organization. And whike they've gotten lots of negative reaction to their association with big media and TV shows and their expeditions, these things have universally expanded their brand, which results in being the premier report location. It appears that even government agencies refer people who notify them of encounters to the BFRO.

If there was one thing I would hope for and to suggest to the organization is to be more inclusive of people with fieldcraft, investigation, and interview experience and who have time and freedom to become investigators in order to better capture potential ongoing sasquatch activity.