Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

45 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

........would a company really care about one of their drivers (even if they ever found out) reporting a BF sighting while on the road....and if they did, would they be willing to interject themselves in the medical card recertification process?........

I still have a CDL, though have declared intrastate exempt in order not to bother with medical recertifications, but none of my medical certification exams had any psychological aspect to them. Moreover, I know of no psychological disqualifier for a CDL outside of the same for a firearms owner; a court ruling of mental deficiency. 

^^ Agreed, and if you interact with with some class A drivers, you’d see that even physically they are extremly lacks on giving out med cards.   I dare say there is a good percentage of drivers on the road that are not physically fit to be doing so.  

A few years ago, many years after not driving heavy rigs anymore and a few years after complete retirement, the state of Alaska DMV started challenging me by mail about not submitting my medical card. I challenged them right back saying that the card was not necessary if I was not operating equipment on the highway system that required it. They persisted. I was told that the feds were pushing the issue. I just wanted to keep the license even if I was no longer doing it just in case I wanted to go back to work. I was advised that if I claimed exemptiing from federal authority by claiming myself intrastate exempted, I would be free of them. So far, so good.

I think that a pilots license and the FAA is a whole different affair. Those guys are more serious about everything.

BFF Patron

Nobody in the Federal Government that regulates anything has not have much of a sense of humor.   They can violate their own rules  with no repercussions but heaven forbid Joe Citizen violate a rule.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Explorer said:

True, most of these claims are anecdotal and are subjective experiences.

This is a big claim, that the majority of Woo experience claimers have mental issues.

It might be true depending on how you define Woo.

One problem that I have with the use of the word Woo is that it is not clearly defined.

There is a spectrum of Woo claims from possible &  improbable to impossible (I wrote a post on this topic a few years ago and created a spectrum of claims).

Are claims of infra-sound and self illuminating glowing eyes (not eyeshine) part of the Woo?

If so then, then I recall that Moneymaker (the  BFRO leader) is on record saying that he and BFRO colleagues have experienced that. (I recall reading that in the book Monster Trek by Joe Gisondi, but also think MM mentioned it in one of the FB shows).

I have not experienced these claims and am not defending them, but I have heard from other BFRO expedition participants (who appeared mentally sane and stable) that they have experienced them.

Evidence of Infrasound and glowing eyes claims could be captured with instruments (I believe that SWWASAS got some evidence in audio recording).

Once you move on to mind reading, psychic messages , hearing voices, etc. - your are in a different ballpark and the likelihood of mental issues increases, but they are not impossible claims (per government funded research done at SRI, DIA, etc.).

Personally, I have not met anybody who claims psychic messages with BF and am not defending their claims.  Also, I don't want to side-track the discussion onto the government funded Remote Viewing program (since plenty of that information is declassified and available).

One guy who surprised me was Keith Bearden (a long time contributor to BFF) and a good field (boots on the ground) researcher.

He was doing what you suggest: focusing on getting casts, hair samples, photographs, other physical evidence until he got involved with the habituation crowd.

I read his book Forest Friends of the Night, and was shocked by his claims at the end of the book.

His claims probably put him close to the right hand side of the woo spectrum.

However, I find it hard to throw him under the bus with your above claim. 

All that I can say is that his claims are extraordinary and he needs to provide better evidence.

Another person who I met in a BFRO expedition and who I respect his excellent field research and book is Joe Beelart.

He also has made some paranormal claims about BF (more orally than in his book) but I would not lump him in your pot.

Again, just trying to point out that there is a large spectrum of type of Woo claims and a large spectrum of type of researchers, and I find it hard to lump everybody with odd claims in the same pot.

You are correct, I should have defined what Woo encompasses in relation to my post.  The types of experiences that I define as Woo include telepathy, portal hopping, invisibility and anything else associated with spiritual events.  

The suggestion of Infra-sound and bio-luminescence do not classify as Woo as they are illustrated in biology. 

I know Joe Beelart personally and I have chatted with Keith Beardmen on several occasions,  I don't believe either of them to be dishonest or totally off their rocker but I do not have confidence that they are in fact encountering Sasquatch in such events.

We do have individuals in the BFRO who buy into the Woo aspect and I can tell you we share more than a difference of opinion.  I will also say that some people who attend expeditions already have their own " beliefs " before they arrive at camp and their experience ends up as one would expect. Bigfoot is still a weird subject unfortunately and it attracts the weird. I believe this helps reinforce the supernatural Bigfoot experiences one likely came across on the Blue forum 

I stand by my claim that both deception and delusion account for the majority ( not every account falls within ) of the supernatural accounts, there is simply far too much evidence of traditional biology and human mentality.  

I will take these types of claims more seriously when there is evidence that indicates that there is more going on than human psychology.  On this date there is none.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

You are correct, I should have defined what Woo encompasses in relation to my post.  The types of experiences that I define as Woo include telepathy, portal hopping, invisibility and anything else associated with spiritual events.  

The suggestion of Infra-sound and bio-luminescence do not classify as Woo as they are illustrated in biology. 

I know Joe Beelart personally and I have chatted with Keith Beardmen on several occasions,  I don't believe either of them to be dishonest or totally off their rocker but I do not have confidence that they are in fact encountering Sasquatch in such events.

We do have individuals in the BFRO who buy into the Woo aspect and I can tell you we share more than a difference of opinion.  I will also say that some people who attend expeditions already have their own " beliefs " before they arrive at camp and their experience ends up as one would expect. Bigfoot is still a weird subject unfortunately and it attracts the weird. I believe this helps reinforce the supernatural Bigfoot experiences one likely came across on the Blue forum 

I stand by my claim that both deception and delusion account for the majority ( not every account falls within ) of the supernatural accounts, there is simply far too much evidence of traditional biology and human mentality.  

I will take these types of claims more seriously when there is evidence that indicates that there is more going on than human psychology.  On this date there is none.

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

Have you seen anything along those lines that makes you even question the possibility?

7 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?.........

I believe in ghosts/spirits, it's a belief supported by my religion, I have had an experience with what I believe was an angel (twice), but I don't believe such phenomenon is even remotely related to sasquatches. However, I am coming to believe that sasquatches are of the genus Homo, which means they are human, so perhaps they are also "created in the image and likeness of God"................but at this point there is no evidence to support such a belief.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I believe in ghosts/spirits, it's a belief supported by my religion, I have had an experience with what I believe was an angel (twice), but I don't believe such phenomenon is even remotely related to sasquatches. However, I am coming to believe that sasquatches are of the genus Homo, which means they are human, so perhaps they are also "created in the image and likeness of God"................but at this point there is no evidence to support such a belief.

Point was not believing in Woo for Sasquatch but also believing in ghosts/spirits (also not proven to be real).

BFF Patron

There has been much discussion on Woo in various threads over time.   I think most of these effects can be explained with infra sound.  That has been documented to be used by several animals in the world so it is not unknown in biologicals.    The military and some universities have conducted research on human beings as to the effects of infra sound.     Many of physiological effects reported in the experiments  may explain some Woo effects that have been reported.    Nausea, visual disturbances,  extreme fear,  a shock like effect,  and loss of consciousness have been recorded in the experiments.   Many of these can explain Woo reports.     Lets say you had a close encounter with a BF without suitable cover.     If he gave you a dose of infra sound that vibrated your fluid filled eyes,  then you had a few seconds where you mind went into shock.   to the witness it would appear as though the BF shimmered in his vision,   then simply vanished.   That would cause someone to think it went to another dimension.    In reality it just blasted you with infra sound, messed up your vision, sent you into shock,  and walked off to the nearest cover.   All of which are known physiological effects on humans.  

I have had two vitreous humor separations from inside my eyes.     The effects of those are truly remarkable and frightening if you do not know what is going on.     You have a twirling vortex of light in your vision that can be seen in bright daylight.    Infrasound could not only produce similar effects in the eyes but may actually cause the separation.    The first of which in my case, came within weeks of my  first infra sound event.   Infra sound can travel distances far greater than other sound because of the long wave length and potential high amplitudes.    Think of it as a sound version of a tsunami wave.   As has been mentioned I succeeded in recording the infra sound that was used on me.   That event was discussed in a thread now in the archives.      Those Woo events that do not seem related to infra sound are either from some unknown process or perhaps all in the mind of the witness who was exposed to some event they did not understand or could not process.    A bigfoot encounter is most likely the most frightening event other than their own death a person can experience.    I have experienced both in that I nearly chocked to death one day.    Saw that famed tunnel of light before it winked out and I lost all vision and then consciousness.   (As an aside, you can hear much longer than you can see)   It is no wonder people  have a wide variety problems processing a bigfoot encounter.       

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Have you seen anything along those lines that makes you even question the possibility?

I am religious, I have always noted that belief is weak and reserved for religion. I do believe that something outside of the human mind causes some ( a very small percentage ) of the noted experiences we could label as supernatural or spiritual but I have not concluded that they are ghosts or spirits. 

I have had several experiences that leave me with no real world explanation but again I have no proof and I do not claim that these events are fact or something outside of my individual perception. Nothing I have experienced could be suggested as Sasquatch related. I am not walking around claiming that spirits are not only real but that they open portals and use telepathy. I have zero interest ( honestly- I think about spirits about as much as I do about the process of making toothpicks ) in these type of things because they are not provable and fall very closely to gaps in human perception.

• Upvote 1

I scoff at most woo claims,  but regarding spirits and such, am most compelled by the ubiquitous reports of "those that have gone before" appearing to those on their deathbed. I don't disbelieve those reports.

BFF Patron

As a side note the stimulation of the optic nerves caused by a vitreous humor separation could very well be caused by an infra sound event also.    Having experienced the separation twice now,  it looks very much like a portal opening.    In movies they show a similar effect to designate the opening of a wormhole.   It looks like a swarm of big fireflies moving around in a tight circle ahead of you.    If a BF was nearby hitting you with infra sound, of course you would think a portal opened because you have likely seen that wormhole effect many times if you watch any science fiction.  

For those of you reaching or past 60 the chance of a vitreous humor separation goes up tremendously with age.    Should you have one,   you need to know that it is potentially very serous.    Normally the separation only produces the visual firefly effect which lasts 24 to 48 hours.    Sometimes however, when it separates, it pulls the retina loose from inside the eye.   If it does that, you have about 48 hours before the detached retina dies due to lack of blood flow.     That can leave you partially or totally blind in that eye if not treated.    If you get to a ophthalmologist,  (MD eye doctor) within that 48 hours they can use lasers to reattach the retina and prevent blindness.  That is not an optometrist but a MD specializing in eye disease.    So if you go to your normal optometrist you are wasting time and the clock is ticking.   Get your butt in to the ophthalmologist, especially if you have patches of black or places in your field of vision in that eye where you cannot see something.       They recognize that it is an emergency so will get you in immediately.  

Edited by SWWASAS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings

Psychologist Richard Wiseman of the University of Hertfordshire suggests that the odd sensations that people attribute to ghosts may be caused by infrasonic vibrations. Vic Tandy, experimental officer and part-time lecturer in the school of international studies and law at Coventry University, along with Dr. Tony Lawrence of the University's psychology department, wrote in 1998 a paper called "Ghosts in the Machine" for the Journal of the Society for Psychical Research. Their research suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.

The following day, Tandy was working on his fencing foil, with the handle held in a vice. Although there was nothing touching it, the blade started to vibrate wildly. Further investigation led Tandy to discover that the extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz, very close to the resonant frequency of the eye given as 18 Hz by NASA.[46] This, Tandy conjectured, was why he had seen a ghostly figure—it was, he believed, an optical illusion caused by his eyeballs resonating. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the centre, thus causing a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil.[47]

Tandy investigated this phenomenon further and wrote a paper entitled The Ghost in the Machine.[48] He carried out a number of investigations at various sites believed to be haunted, including the basement of the Tourist Information Bureau next to Coventry Cathedral[49][50] and Edinburgh Castle..........

More:

.........Animal communication: whales, elephants,[11] hippopotamuses,[12]rhinoceroses,[13][14] giraffes,[15] okapis,[16] and alligators are known to use infrasound to communicate over distances—up to hundreds of miles in the case of whales. In particular, the Sumatran rhinoceros has been shown to produce sounds with frequencies as low as 3 Hz which have similarities with the song of the humpback whale.[14] The roar of the tiger contains infrasound of 18 Hz and lower,[17] and the purr of felines is reported to cover a range of 20 to 50 Hz.[18][19][20] It has also been suggested that migrating birds use naturally generated infrasound, from sources such as turbulent airflow over mountain ranges, as a navigational aid.[21] Infrasound also may be used for long-distance communication, especially well documented in baleen whales (see Whale vocalization), and African elephants.[22] The frequency of baleen whale sounds can range from 10 Hz to 31 kHz,[23] and that of elephant calls from 15 Hz to 35 Hz. Both can be extremely loud (around 117 dB), allowing communication for many kilometres, with a possible maximum range of around 10 km (6 mi) for elephants,[24] and potentially hundreds or thousands of kilometers for some whales.[citation needed] Elephants also produce infrasound waves that travel through solid ground and are sensed by other herds using their feet, although they may be separated by hundreds of kilometres. These calls may be used to coordinate the movement of herds and allow mating elephants to find each other.........

However, I can find no reference animals using their infrasound emissions as weapons or that such emissions used for other reasons causing disorientation in humans.

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........Lets say you had a close encounter with a BF without suitable cover.     If he gave you a dose of infra sound that vibrated your fluid filled eyes,  then you had a few seconds where you mind went into shock........

Oh, oh........somebody would desperately need to read the Book of Knowledge of Good and Evil (otherwise known as the Criminal Code) to that sasquatch. Such an act gives the human victim of that dosage the legal right to give Mr. Sas Quatch a dose of super sonic sound.........caused by a 230 grain (>1/2 ounce) lead projectile propelled at 1000 feet per second (682 miles per hour). If the super sonic sound doesn't hurt Mr. Quatch, he'd better pray that the projectile itself doesn't punch its way through him...........

Edited by Huntster

14 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I captured the most amazing EVP in Charleston a few years ago.  A ghost in a crystal voice told my family to leave the area.  We could not hear it with our ears but it came across in a cell phone recording crystal clear.