Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

42 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Nathan

There is one thing that always remains true about these Woo claims including my own claim and that is the physical evidence that they leave behind. When you find that type of evidence it is very hard to deny what had just occurred.  It is placing the two together that makes it difficult.

I have yet to see a single piece of evidence that rivals anything that has been collected by scientifically objective research efforts. I have been absorbing information for a long time now and nothing has come up that gave me pause or sat me up in my chair. Here on this forum there are countless posts about habituation situations ( supernatural ) and every single time I read through I get to marvel at sticks leaning against a fallen tree, a few distorted impressions in the ground and photos of the treeline with red circles around some dark shadows.

You are most welcome to try and change my position,  I sincerely will look at evidence. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BFF Patron

Nathanfooter:   You have cherry picked the situations that are ambiguous or lack information.     I agree that most stick structures are natural tree falls.    Not crazy about red circles either.    But I have seen and posted some very clear footprint photos so not all are "distorted impressions".     Yes many are but that is what was found, not what they wanted to find.  .  The habituation situations are troublesome in that most of the humans involved adamently protect the BF involved.    I see that as a troubling sign of a troubled human for the most part.   But no one awes you anything to try to change your position.    This forum exists to exchange information not turn skeptics into   believers.  That can only likely happen if you go into the woods and have the experience yourself.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I have a thought on this woo thing.  Several years my family and I were walking down a deserted alley in Charleston around 9PM.  We had been exploring the city all day and were exhausted and were headed for a late dinner.  We saw not a single person during the walk, we were all side by side, and nobody said a word to each other.  My daughter had her video recorder playing.  At dinner she checked the recorder and was shocked when we clearly heard without any amplification of the recording some weird swirling sounds followed by a ghostly voice telling us to go away.  All four of us were stunned and kind of scared when we heard it.  As an electrical engineer I have always wondered how the heck a recorder can pick up a sound at normal audible levels that the four of us could not hear with our ears. It was really a very cool experience.

So how does this relate to woo in a BF forum you say.  I wonder if my recording is an example of woo.  If so, I wonder what would happen if someone that experiences mindspeak happened to have a digital recorder playing during a mindspeak event.  It would be really interesting if this person wrote down what was said, and then played back the tape to see if what was said was picked up by the recorder.  

Do we have any volunteers?  Could solve a number of questions.

BFF Patron

That was pretty much like my experience with the voice on the digital recorder.   The paranormal Ghost investigators commonly get voices on their recording equipment.    The Chinese especially and the Russians have done a lot of experiments with ESP, thought transfer,   etc.    WIth their huge population the Chinese claim to have located individuals who can receive and transfer thoughts,   move objects with their minds, and do distance viewing.    The US government not to be left out, when other governments were experimenting,   conducted their own experiments.     An Army unit was organized to experiment with this stuff.     While the movie "Men Who Stare at Goats" is a farcical comedy,   it is based on that actual unit and portrays experiments they conducted.     The Chinese claim to have had controls in their experiments and things could not have been hoaxed or were beyond probability of things being just chance.  Some universities have been conducting experiments showing some people are capable of receiving or transmitting simple geometric shapes to others.    Again controls of electrical isolation with Faraday cages and mathematical probability seem to point that some things like that are possible in certain humans.      

10 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Nathanfooter:   You have cherry picked the situations that are ambiguous or lack information.     I agree that most stick structures are natural tree falls.    Not crazy about red circles either.    But I have seen and posted some very clear footprint photos so not all are "distorted impressions".     Yes many are but that is what was found, not what they wanted to find.  .  The habituation situations are troublesome in that most of the humans involved adamently protect the BF involved.    I see that as a troubling sign of a troubled human for the most part.   But no one awes you anything to try to change your position.    This forum exists to exchange information not turn skeptics into   believers.  That can only likely happen if you go into the woods and have the experience yourself.  

I offered examples that I have come across while reading here, more often than not this is what I end up looking at. I have found this to be true of other sites with member content and even a large portion of reports I sift through.   Most of these situations are ambiguous and lack information.

I urge anyone reading to Google or Youtube " Bigfoot Habituation " and you can see exactly what I am talking about.  If I had a dollar for every time I heard or read " and here you can see the juvenile " I could stop working my day-job and just research for a year. 

I have given my 2 cents and feel that most here understand my position. Enjoy the thread  folks.  :victory:

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NathanFooter said:

You are most welcome to try and change my position,  I sincerely will look at evidence

Nathan

That's not the point. I am not trying to change your position  since you have already made up your position on the subject. The point should be is that there is way more to these creatures then what some of us thought. That there is clearly a phenomena going on with these creatures that is being suppressed. It is clear that you have already made up your mind that these creatures only exist on what you believe. I am fine with this and when that time comes when you do experience what I have in the field. Then I will be there for you .I have enjoyed the knowledge that you have gained on the west coast.  I look forward to seeing more from you. Fellow Michigander. Keep up the good work.

Edited by ShadowBorn
needed to add more comment

1 hour ago, NCBFr said:

Do we have any volunteers?  Could solve a number of questions.

I will volunteer next deer season. I have no problem with this and I might not even wait for deer season. It is like goth hunting that I have done and yes I have captured sounds I cannot explain. Just like this sound that I captured at fort Wayne in Detroit, Michigan. I was with my daughter and my son on a ghost tour and I had a k2 meter and it was lighting off and that when this female voice comes on my gopro. At the time we did not hear this sound with our own ears. I heard this sounds when I got back home. Here is the clip:

What got me to thinking that maybe some of this weird stuff that has been discussed could be possible was an incident that happened to me. Since that experience I have had it twice more. 

I'll spare the details and try to get to the point quickly. I was walking in the woods in a wilderness area. When I came up next to an old growth tree that was just a foot or so from me, I became EXTREMELY and intensely  terrified. So much so I could not move a muscle. All sorts of things that happen to terrified peoples bodies were happening. When my impending death didn't happen, I was able to slowly unlock my neck and shoulder muscles to look around. I suddenly realized my death was to come from above! I slowly looked up and less than about two feet from my head and slightly above my head on a little knob of a limb was a western gray squirrel starring intensely at me. Instantly, the fear was gone and I carried on without incidence. This scenario happened again with a cow elk with her calf and again with a deer.

I figure if a squirrel can do that to me, a Sasquatch probably could do it to.

Doug -

I have an alternative explanation.  Something similar happened to me many years ago.  I was walking my dog in the woods in a snow storm when all of a sudden I was gripped with huge fear for no reason at all.  Visibility was very low so I could not see much more than 10 feet or so in any direction.  I ended up racing as fast I could back towards my condo all the while trying to figure out what was scaring me.  After roughly 100 yards as was able to regain control and stopped running and walked back out of the woods.  I spent years trying to figure out what on earth would have caused that fear.  A few years later and not too far away I heard a perfectly clear version of what has become known as the "Ohio Moan".  So I put two and two together and decided I must have come across a BF that scared me to death as there really is nothing known in those woods that could scare me.

Fast forward 15 years and I am in NC walking my dogs in the woods when I felt that same fear creep over me.  Having been through this before I was able to control the fear and carefully looked over my surroundings.  Off to my side and hidden in very thick brush were a couple of deer.  Once we locked eyes they bolted and my fear subsided.  After thinking about it I concluded the fear I felt was not mine, it was theirs.  As it turns out animals release a chemical when scared and others can sense this chemical.  My new thought was that I must have done the same many years ago to a deer (or some other animal) I could not see in the snow.  In your case, the squirrel did not scare you, you scared him and felt his fear.  What you think of that?

Woa, That is very interesting. I never would have thought that. Now i'm really feeling sorry for that poor squirrel! There is so much interconnections through chemicals and electrical currents at all levels it an be mind boggling.

BFF Patron

NCBFr and Doug that is very interesting.   I have to admit I do the reverse with animals, especially deer.     When I see one I marvel at how pretty they are and try to exude admiration and friendship.          When I do that, they stare at me a few seconds,  then go back to eating.    Often I can walk to within 15 or 20 feet of them.   Somehow they seem to pick up on the fact I mean them no harm.    I have wondered how often BF has watched this happen.    If an animal can pick up on that sort of thing,   perhaps we can pick up the fear in them when they fear for their lives because we are too close.     I have a house with the entire backside open with windows and glass doors.      Very often, several times a week,  a bird with run into a window and stun themselves.     Sometimes it knocks them out.    Only once or twice have they died.    But often, they might be there gasping for air on their side or sitting strangely.     I have thought about warming them or something in very cold weather because they are likely in shock.   But I think me just approaching and touching them might literally scare them to death.    The last one was out there about 4 hours before it recovered enough to fly off.     It was tipped over face down for a while, on its side,  then back on its feet with head down,   then sitting more normally. before it flew off.    I would approach the door watch it and send comforting thoughts.   I wonder if it got any of that.  Darkness was approaching and I kept sending a mental message that it needed to get to safety in it's nesting area before dark or it would freeze to death.    Sure enough, just before dark it was gone.  I hate to bury things.          

6 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

.........I have to admit I do the reverse with animals, especially deer.     When I see one I marvel at how pretty they are and try to exude admiration and friendship.          When I do that, they stare at me a few seconds,  then go back to eating.    Often I can walk to within 15 or 20 feet of them.   Somehow they seem to pick up on the fact I mean them no harm........

Body language. I actually attended a college photography course on how to approach and mingle with wildlife, and it was the most amazing class I ever took. We did do field exercises, too. But it seems to work better on certain species than others, and the body language can have variations depending on species. Also, there are "disclaimers", especially this one:

Never, ever trust bears, especially boars. From experience, I maintain distance (with "barriers") or refuge in trees with bears, or I am prepared to shoot them at the slightest sign if those two natural safety measures are not in place.

Wolves, if alone, are safer than moose. If in a pack, not so much, but still much safer than male bears. I have literally been close enough to a wolf, unarmed, to pet it like a dog. 

Moose are damned near as dangerous and unpredictable as bears, especially cow moose.

BFF Patron

So when you see a bear you get behind a tree?    I know about the lowered head thing.    Thinking about it a tree is going to deflect a head on charge.     I think what they have in mind is to knock you down and they have to hit you square on to do that.     I have not had one charge me but deal mostly with black bears here.     They so far have just turned tail and run away.   Female elk with calves are more dangerous than male elk too.     My thing with deer might be misleading to someone not familiar with statistics.          Deer kill more people in this country every year than nearly all the rest of the animals put together.   Most of that is by getting in front of cars but some cases are with hunters and wounded animals.  

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

So when you see a bear you get behind a tree?.........

No. Most of my close bear observations have been when the bear came to my bait, which means that it was a controlled setting and I was either up in a tree, or on the ground some distance away. I learned early not to bait bears and be in a ground blind close to the bait, especially at night (that was my first year going with a friend to his bait site........very dangerous, but quite exciting.........)

If I have a surprise bear encounter on the ground at close range (like under 75 yards), I get into position to simply shoot him, and enjoy the encounter. Depending on his species and size, I might remain quiet, and I might begin moving away. 

........I think what they have in mind is to knock you down.......

Yup. Bears are wrestlers. This bear mauling/killing is the (unfortunately) perfect example of what they'll do. Note the bears wide rear foot stance. They use their weight to pin their opponents down, which is how they tend to fight other bears, and overpower ungulate calves and other prey like adult caribou.

.......... I have not had one charge me but deal mostly with black bears here.     They so far have just turned tail and run away.......

Good. You probably spoke good body language, too. Watch out for mature boars. If he tests you, he's a potential killer. You'll know it......

.........My thing with deer might be misleading to someone not familiar with statistics.          Deer kill more people in this country every year than nearly all the rest of the animals put together.   Most of that is by getting in front of cars but some cases are with hunters and wounded animals.  

Bucks in rut can be dangerous! Usually shy bull moose become potential killers when in rut, too. 

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

If I have a surprise bear encounter on the ground at close range (like under 75 yards), I get into position to simply shoot him, and enjoy the encounter. Depending on his species and size, I might remain quiet, and I might begin moving away. 

How many bears have you killed or shot at in such a matter?   Just curious, never been in a situation where I was seriously concerned about bear.