Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

32 minutes ago, Twist said:

How many bears have you killed or shot at in such a matter?........

None, but I've had a couple of times I came close to shooting. A few other times I unslung the rifle just because, and they know what that means.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

NCBFr and Doug that is very interesting.   I have to admit I do the reverse with animals, especially deer.     When I see one I marvel at how pretty they are and try to exude admiration and friendship.          When I do that, they stare at me a few seconds,  then go back to eating.    Often I can walk to within 15 or 20 feet of them.   Somehow they seem to pick up on the fact I mean them no harm.    I have wondered how often BF has watched this happen.    If an animal can pick up on that sort of thing,   perhaps we can pick up the fear in them when they fear for their lives because we are too close.     I have a house with the entire backside open with windows and glass doors.      Very often, several times a week,  a bird with run into a window and stun themselves.     Sometimes it knocks them out.    Only once or twice have they died.    But often, they might be there gasping for air on their side or sitting strangely.     I have thought about warming them or something in very cold weather because they are likely in shock.   But I think me just approaching and touching them might literally scare them to death.    The last one was out there about 4 hours before it recovered enough to fly off.     It was tipped over face down for a while, on its side,  then back on its feet with head down,   then sitting more normally. before it flew off.    I would approach the door watch it and send comforting thoughts.   I wonder if it got any of that.  Darkness was approaching and I kept sending a mental message that it needed to get to safety in it's nesting area before dark or it would freeze to death.    Sure enough, just before dark it was gone.  I hate to bury things.          

I too, usually have some birds and animals become very relaxed in my presents at close range. Especially deer. I think they can read body language especially if the have seen humans on a regular basis, however, I have had a lot of close relaxed interactions with critters in national forests where they may have never seen a human and are curious rather than fearful. I have seen some really bizarre and unexpected reactions from critters. 

6 hours ago, Huntster said:

No. Most of my close bear observations have been when the bear came to my bait, which means that it was a controlled setting and I was either up in a tree, or on the ground some distance away. I learned early not to bait bears and be in a ground blind close to the bait, especially at night (that was my first year going with a friend to his bait site........very dangerous, but quite exciting.........)

If I have a surprise bear encounter on the ground at close range (like under 75 yards), I get into position to simply shoot him, and enjoy the encounter. Depending on his species and size, I might remain quiet, and I might begin moving away. 

Yup. Bears are wrestlers. This bear mauling/killing is the (unfortunately) perfect example of what they'll do. Note the bears wide rear foot stance. They use their weight to pin their opponents down, which is how they tend to fight other bears, and overpower ungulate calves and other prey like adult caribou.

Good. You probably spoke good body language, too. Watch out for mature boars. If he tests you, he's a potential killer. You'll know it......

Bucks in rut can be dangerous! Usually shy bull moose become potential killers when in rut, too. 

Wow. How did that bear kill him? That happened very fast. Did he claw his throat or bite it?

Seems very unlucky compared to those who are severely mauled and survive.

8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Deer kill more people in this country every year than nearly all the rest of the animals put together.   

I will try to do my deer story but will never do it justice.  I had a husky catch a baby deer in my back yard many years ago.  I ran out and saved the deer which was alive but down.  The husky was circling me and the deer to try and finish the job.  Momma deer comes flying out, gets on hind legs and starts attacking me and my husky with her front hooves.  We basically had 4 concentric circles going around with the baby down in the middle.  The husky easily evades the attack and tries to press in and get the baby.  I dance around mom evading blows while trying to catch my dog and get the baby free.  After two minutes of this baby gets up, and runs off while I block my dog.  Momma finally gets down and runs off as well.  Damn huskies. More than once they have almost killed me.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Wow. How did that bear kill him? That happened very fast. Did he claw his throat or bite it?......

Yup. One of his arteries in his neck was severed. He died within a half hour.

Seems very unlucky compared to those who are severely mauled and survive.

Very true. I knew a guy many years ago who was mauled by a grizzly.The bear bit him in the face, lower jaw under the Ron's jaw, and his upper teeth over the top of his head. It quite literally crushe the side of his head. He survived, bit was horribly disfigured for the rest of his life. He was fearful looking! Spooked almost everybody out........but not quite wverybody, because  ith he and his gorgeous wife were murdered several years after the mauling. The mursers were never solved. Drug related.

This guy got his face destroyed. Blinded him for life:

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/A-man-attacked-by-a-brown-bear-describes-the-attack-on-his-life--386872171.html

39 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

........Damn huskies. More than once they have almost killed me.

Good story! I'll bet your huskies love to run off, too, don't they? There is 't a husky on Earth that understands the "come" command.

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

None, but I've had a couple of times I came close to shooting. A few other times I unslung the rifle just because, and they know what that means.

Must be some hair raising experiences!

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

Good story! I'll bet your huskies love to run off, too, don't they? There is 't a husky on Earth that understands the "come" command.

I actually had one.  A female called Tiramisu.  I could take her on hikes off leash.  I could hear her crashing around the woods all around but could never see her until I whistled after which she would always come to my side within a minute.  Great dog.  However, you are right, she was the rare one.  I have spent hours chasing them all across the county to the point at 53 I am done with them and have moved on to Shepherds.  I had one husky I gave up on until I got a call from Dominoes pizza after he had been gone for over an hour.  Evidently he got hungry and jumped in a delivery car a couple miles from my house.  

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Must be some hair raising experiences!

Afterwards. When surprise encounters occur, they happen fast. But sometimes, close encounters can be fun.......like the time I had a young grizzly try to run me off from a pool in the Talachulitna River that was full of salmon. He put on quite a performance, but I had enough distance and saw his frustrated uncertainty not to get too concerned. Finally, as his performance continued, I decided that it might be wise to put my fishing rod down and unsling my rifle, and upon doing so, I may as well hit him with lightning. His performance ended immediately, and his facial expression was golden. I could almost hear his mind say to himself, "Oh, s**t!" He turned, disappeared into the brush, and I never saw him again.

They definitely know what a rifle is. They know what it means when you rack the bolt, too. That metallic sound has a miraculously and universally understood meaning.......

33 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

.........I had one husky I gave up on until I got a call from Dominoes pizza after he had been gone for over an hour.  Evidently he got hungry and jumped in a delivery car a couple miles from my house.  

There's another common trait of theirs: whoring. They're all love for a good meal, then they're off again until their tummy tells them that running needs to take a back seat to food.

Just before I met Mrs. Huntster they had a gorgeous husky that showed up and adopted them. In those days fences in Alaska only existed on the military bases. There were dog packs everywhere, including Anchorage, but especially out in the Valley. These packs always consisted of at least one husky, and were commonly led by labs, those two breeds being the unofficial dog breeds of territorial and post-statehood Alaska. They were everywhere. One didn't go get a dog. They showed up and adopted you. If the food was good and regular, and especially if you let them inside during winter, they "hung out". This particularly gorgeous specimen ended up hit by a car just a few months before I met her.

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, ShadowBorn said:

....the day that I found out that they were capable of just reading my thoughts it freaked me out. I had no bait to bring those deer to my stand and at the time I was bored and thought I would try. Try to see if these things could read my thoughts.  Infra sound does not do that and I have had infra sound done on me in this area by them. I was ill for a week and barely made it out of the woods. The only thing I heard at that time was a low grunt and that is all it took to make me feel sick. As far as useful information I have never received while in the woods and have always been by dreams.

It sounds like you are conflating two things. Telepathy wouldn't be induced by infrasound. Based on your preceding post, it sounds like you suspected they were in the area and they knew that you knew they were around. That is my suspicion why they double whammied you.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, NathanFooter said:

I have sat down and talked with many people who claim Woo experiences ( dozens ) and strangely the majority of them are either self important and deceptive or unstable and delusional.  This is not just my perception and conclusion, the majority of friends and family that interact with these individuals often have further evidence that this is true or at the very least agree that they are mentally unwell in some way. This is yet another win on the side of science, this test is repeatable and consistent just as much so as the flesh and blood search results. The only argument left to try and suggest is that this group has not come up with a body and that argument has been put to bed long before this hour and so we still end up right here in the conversation.

The folks that have been immersed in the paranormal for many years and what they perceive to be BF do seem a little self important but also lucid. In fact, one of them recently published a book that is astonishingly excellent in its depth and it doesn't just cover paranormal topics. I never would have expected it. He looks like a crazed homeless guy in dire need of a shower and shave who compels people to walk on the other side of the street.  Yet his adherents speak glowingly of his "loving spirit" and affinity with the forest folks.  That is not to say I agree with much of what the paranormal folks say on what their version of BF is communicating.  Some of it is far out there and just not reasonable. Sometimes, it is intriguing.

Then we have people like Ron Morehead who is supposedly a respected old school researcher.  He completely flips his own script and had a well known psychic write a chapter in one of his books that goes off the deep end with a "star council" and similar topics,.

I'm not being thorough but offhand I can think of only 1 guy currently promoting himself like a chosen messiah of the the forest people and everyone is already familiar with his antics.

On 2/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, hiflier said:

Yes, but I didn't want to outright accuse any "private entities". But since I've  been a suspected as a  conspiracy theorist why not name names? Matt Moneymaker (BFRO), Peter Davenport (NUFORC), and Jan Hanson (MUFON). I have long suspected these three of having ties to government or at least facilitating government access.

You see, most folks that file reports in either fringe subject are under the assumption that their reports are somehow shielded from government's prying eyes when nothing could be further from the truth. 

Curious if anyone knows what exactly are Matt Moneymaker's skills or talents? Did he found the BFRO or take credit for something?  He comes off as bland, unknowledgeable and meaningless, I think he must have real woo wool invisibility skills. Every scene in Finding BF may as well just have been Cliff and Bobo.  Just asking since i genuinely don't see the man but I see his name mentioned occasionally.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, SWWASAS said:

My one Woo event was something recorded on my ever running field digital audio recorder that I did not hear with my ears.   That has defied any explanation on my part.   It was loud and left little to imagining since it was well above background noise levels.   That is the inverse of mind speak, recorded but not heard or played in my head.  

Some of the speakers at the Ghost of Ruby Ridge conference make me very uncomfortable.    I have heard most of them more than once.    You will get a big dose of stuff that is hard to believe from many of them and walk away wondering that if that really happens like you say,   why don't you have any pictures to show us?   

The audio sounds intriguing if you still have it to share.

I haven't been to any yet but I think it is the people at the Primal People Conference you are referring to.  The speakers seem to be fairly on point (except for whoever made the mistake of inviting Mitchel Townsend to one of the gatherings). The attendees are the ones with the real stories.  Thinking of going to Atlanta in October '19.

Edited by Arvedis

15 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Did he found the BFRO

Yes. I think in 1996. The pattern displayed by the BFRO, was emulated by many UFO websites as well. In other words send in the reports so that nothing ever gets solved. Lots and lots of dangling carrots with no answers, solutions, or real programs for getting at the truth.  Circular dialogue and self important people but nothing ever gets beyond a certain level beyond keeping the public in a never-ending psychological lock down. Truth will never be presented and the only way out is for members to simply join and then eventually quit. Discussion boards are all anything ever amounts to and "Trouble makers" seriously pushing for answers get attention from the ones that want to keep thing eternally spinning.

Anyone thinking something will eventually change sometimes realize they're quite simply looking in the wrong place......and leave. Sad to say there's nothing on the web that's any better. Anyone want the truth? Good luck.

BFF Patron
13 hours ago, Arvedis said:

It sounds like you are conflating two things. Telepathy wouldn't be induced by infrasound. Based on your preceding post, it sounds like you suspected they were in the area and they knew that you knew they were around. That is my suspicion why they double whammied you.

The folks that have been immersed in the paranormal for many years and what they perceive to be BF do seem a little self important but also lucid. In fact, one of them recently published a book that is astonishingly excellent in its depth and it doesn't just cover paranormal topics. I never would have expected it. He looks like a crazed homeless guy in dire need of a shower and shave who compels people to walk on the other side of the street.  Yet his adherents speak glowingly of his "loving spirit" and affinity with the forest folks.  That is not to say I agree with much of what the paranormal folks say on what their version of BF is communicating.  Some of it is far out there and just not reasonable. Sometimes, it is intriguing.

Then we have people like Ron Morehead who is supposedly a respected old school researcher.  He completely flips his own script and had a well known psychic write a chapter in one of his books that goes off the deep end with a "star council" and similar topics,.

I'm not being thorough but offhand I can think of only 1 guy currently promoting himself like a chosen messiah of the the forest people and everyone is already familiar with his antics.

Curious if anyone knows what exactly are Matt Moneymaker's skills or talents? Did he found the BFRO or take credit for something?  He comes off as bland, unknowledgeable and meaningless, I think he must have real woo wool invisibility skills. Every scene in Finding BF may as well just have been Cliff and Bobo.  Just asking since i genuinely don't see the man but I see his name mentioned occasionally.

The audio sounds intriguing if you still have it to share.

I haven't been to any yet but I think it is the people at the Primal People Conference you are referring to.  The speakers seem to be fairly on point (except for whoever made the mistake of inviting Mitchel Townsend to one of the gatherings). The attendees are the ones with the real stories.  Thinking of going to Atlanta in October '19.

The Primal People speakers are interesting the first time you hear them but I have heard Ron Morehead speak so often I can give his speel better than he can.   He introduced quantum physics into it several years ago and he has little understanding of that subject which makes it even more painful for me.     When you have an event happen like the P/G film or the Sierra Sounds events decades ago and parley that into decades of speaking engagements, it is a real struggle to come up with something different to say.   It is so  painful for me to sit through now that I avoid certain speakers and conferences.     The sad thing is at any given conference if you mingle and talk to people in attendance about their experiences, some of them have more real events to talk about than the speakers on the stage who are there mainly  to beat their own drum or sell their books.   Some attendees have had multiple encounters.    But they and their stores are never heard.   The only time this has been exploited was the Finding Bigfoot Town Hall sessions,   which were probably the most interesting part of any of those TV shows.  

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

The Primal People speakers are interesting the first time you hear them but I have heard Ron Morehead speak so often I can give his speel better than he can.   He introduced quantum physics into it several years ago and he has little understanding of that subject which makes it even more painful for me.     When you have an event happen like the P/G film or the Sierra Sounds events decades ago and parley that into decades of speaking engagements, it is a real struggle to come up with something different to say.   It is so  painful for me to sit through now that I avoid certain speakers and conferences.     The sad thing is at any given conference if you mingle and talk to people in attendance about their experiences, some of them have more real events to talk about than the speakers on the stage who are there mainly  to beat their own drum or sell their books.   Some attendees have had multiple encounters.    But they and their stores are never heard.   The only time this has been exploited was the Finding Bigfoot Town Hall sessions,   which were probably the most interesting part of any of those TV shows.  

Yes, it is a shame Ron Morehead chose to introduce the word quantum into the Bigfoot realm with no understanding or basis for doing so. Thankfully, he's not on the October speaker list for the primal people conference. Bob Gimlin will be there with his forest people pals.

Edited by Arvedis

• 1 year later...
SSR Team
On 12/14/2018 at 3:03 PM, hiflier said:

Hi everyone, just stopped in to see if anyone has noticed the lack of sightings in the Olympic Pinensula in the last three years? The last Class A was in February of 2017 in Jefferson County. Mason County (where the nests are located) had its last Class A almost 12 years ago in 2007. SWWASAS has said his area of research hasn't had much of anything for the last nearly three years. Nad he also reporten a NEON monitoring facility in his area as well.

I have been doing some research on what might be the reason for th lack of Class A's mainly because the nesting sight which had some greenery on some of the nests almost four years ago has been for all intents and purposes been abandoned. Grays Harbor sightings especially have been noticably absent although I doubt if it is because the level of traffic or Human presesnce has diminished.

So although I am sure all of you in the area know about this I seriously think it has something to do with the apparent absence of sightings: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/jets-helicopters-rockets-military-plans-more-uses-of-northwest-public-lands/

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/content/dam/cnic/cnrnw/pdfs/NASWIfactsheets/CurrentsFall15_Growler_Training.pdf

Any thoughts?

Time is a good healer..;)

So as per the original post here, the Olympic Peninsula has since had 6 reports in total publicly, with 2 being Class A's, in the Olympics.

We must bear in mind that these are just public reports however, there are much, much more that aren't public and therefore not added to any databases unfortunately, and as we all know and for whatever reason, there are lots of reports within the back end of that BFRO database that haven't been added publicly yet which would boost numbers even more.