SSR + Google Earth

gigantor
On 2/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Doodler said:

Has anyone animated the locations of the sightings in the DB?

Like this?

WA-Rainier-Cummulative.gif

• Upvote 1
Doodler
BFF Donor
13 hours ago, gigantor said:

Like this?

WA-Rainier-Cummulative.gif

Exactly. Nationally? I'm glad to subscribe, I can try to convince my kid (hopeful digital animation major) to either do the animation or point me in the right direction.

Redbone
BFF Donor
16 minutes ago, Doodler said:

Exactly. Nationally? I'm glad to subscribe, I can try to convince my kid (hopeful digital animation major) to either do the animation or point me in the right direction.

That's easy (although I'm betting this is not quite what you had in mind)  :)

120820528_SSRAll.thumb.gif.7cbc430394851c791b9fd666fcb4f18c.gif

• Haha 1
jbalmer1
On 2/11/2021 at 6:39 PM, gigantor said:

We do need help making "heat maps". Can you make those given a set of data points?

Sorry for the late reply. I would be glad to help. In "heat map", I assume it is a map of the concentration of sightings or structures in a given area with high concentrations being a warm color and low concentrations a cool color?

gigantor
8 hours ago, jbalmer1 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I would be glad to help. In "heat map", I assume it is a map of the concentration of sightings or structures in a given area with high concentrations being a warm color and low concentrations a cool color?

Yes, exactly.

I guess the easiest way would be to display it on google maps or similar service.

• Like 1
jbalmer1

I will look at other services because I don't believe Google Maps has that functionality. Let me research that. I typically use ArcGIS.

jbalmer1

My mistake, Google maps does have the heat map functionality. I will give that a test run and see how well it works. :)

• Thanks 2
jbalmer1
On 3/4/2021 at 6:41 AM, gigantor said:

Yes, exactly.

I guess the easiest way would be to display it on google maps or similar service.

Okay, I have a very primitive web map that we would have to update from time to time. I did this quickly with generic data. I will continue to improve the map. Hope this is what you were looking for. If so, I would be glad to put the coordinates into the map. :)

https://map4bigfoot.wixsite.com/heatmap

• Upvote 2
gigantor
13 hours ago, jbalmer1 said:

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Perfect!

I'll get you an SSR login. Check your PMs later today.

Thanks!