Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

4 minutes ago, gigantor said:

^^^ that's just pure speculation by "AJ", whoever that is.

He presents absolutely nothing that would indicate the prince were fake.

Again, I'll add one more time.

Marx faked a movie of the alleged "cripple foot" Bigfoot AFTER the trackway in snow was found. Bryne busted it wide open when some local kids showed him where the film site was. He was able to measure a tree the film subject walked under. The film subject ended being Marx's wife. All of about 5'3" tall.....

The tracks though have never been connected to the hoaxed film.

They crossed a barb wire fence twice. And slide down a giant embankment to the Columbia river. There was hundreds of tracks associated with the trackway in snow. I like tracks in snow.... much tougher to fake.

You cant just walk along and stamp out a track way. Without leaving your human trackway beside it.

About 5 years ago I was across the river from Bossburg on Bangs mountain on a FS road. I came across a trackway on the edge of the road. But as I followed it? It became apparant that a snowshoer was walking and then a snowmobile came along and obliterated all of the right foot tracks. Leaving a large oblong footprint with about a 4 ft stride.

Now if you found that track in snow deep in the forest? With NO other tracks around?

Game on.

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Not mine. But it looks like the coast.

Western red cedar, dusting of snow, newly minted paved roads.

Ill see what I can dig up.

http://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep167-that-is-when-the-rock-throwing-started/

Thanks for that link. I’ve gotten really interested in potential track finds (which equals nearby feet) in the fresh snows of fall. The photos of that link perfectly outline my thought: traveling along forest service roads in prime sasquatch habitat after the first couple inches of snowfall of the fall. Unlike soils with vegetation, light snow reveals all recent footfalls. Early winter is prime time for most folks not being in the woods, and perhaps significant sasquatch movements down in elevation. Such prints won’t cast well, but they will show recent activity.........as recent as the snowfall.

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Thanks for that link. I’ve gotten really interested in potential track finds (which equals nearby feet) in the fresh snows of fall. The photos of that link perfectly outline my thought: traveling along forest service roads in prime sasquatch habitat after the first couple inches of snowfall of the fall. Unlike soils with vegetation, light snow reveals all recent footfalls. Early winter is prime time for most folks not being in the woods, and perhaps significant sasquatch movements down in elevation. Such prints won’t cast well, but they will show recent activity.........as recent as the snowfall.

Your welcome.

Exactly! Snow is the great equalizer.

I disagree about snow tracks. 

Wearing faked track shoes in soft snow are easy to misidentify. 

Now having said that when it is hard and difficult to penetrate it is more believable. 

Like found by Lord Hunt of Everest fame.

23 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Now having said that when it is hard and difficult to penetrate it is more believable. 

I think it comes down to the length of each stride . No matter how good of a fake foot print you can make , you can't change the length of your widest stride .

21 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Run that by me again?

I could wear mocassins, mount a couple of concrete big foot stompers on sticks and just walk along and stamp a footprint every 4 feet.

Thats impossible in snow.

2 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I think it comes down to the length of each stride . No matter how good of a fake foot print you can make , you can't change the length of your widest stride .

You can if your not wearing them.

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Run that by me again?

I could wear mocassins, mount a couple of concrete big foot stompers on sticks and just walk along and stamp a footprint every 4 feet.

Thats impossible in snow.

You can if your not wearing them.

Sure but are we not talking about snow? there's no hiding from it unless you're swing from tree to tree :D

12 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Sure but are we not talking about snow? there's no hiding from it unless you're swing from tree to tree :D

Agreed.

But Patterson Gimlin is not talking about snow tracks. He thinks its easier to fake tracks in snow than a hard surface.

Edited by norseman

9 minutes ago, norseman said:

Agreed.

But Patterson Gimlin is not talking about snow tracks. He thinks its easier to fake tracks in snow than a hard surface.

Then I also disagree with him on that . Having hunted and tracked plenty of whitetail through snow , it's impossible to fake a long track way through snow without leaving your own tracks next to it.

If there is a way I would like to hear how?  I guess if trees were close by to each other and a person was determined then I could see a way but even then you would see

all the disturbed snow that had fallen off the branches .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Twist said:

Nice pic Old Dog, did you get it with the shading already done or something you added?   Looks much more detailed like you stated.   

The cast was given to me by Jeff Meldrum, it came that way.

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

.........Having hunted and tracked plenty of whitetail through snow , it's impossible to fake a long track way through snow without leaving your own tracks next to it......

Excellent point, and having lived in a land of lots of snow, I’ve come to enjoy its many benefits when it comes to telling the stories of passers by.

I’ve lived a long life of avid outdoors work, subsistence, and play in California and Alaska, with plenty of outdoors visits in Oregon and Washington. Once, and only once, I came across sasquatch tracks.

I’m not too concerned with hoaxing. I’m more interested in finding fresh sign. Fresh snow is the best way to do that........by far. 

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Excellent point, and having lived in a land of lots of snow, I’ve come to enjoy its many benefits when it comes to telling the stories of passers by.

I’ve lived a long life of avid outdoors work, subsistence, and play in California and Alaska, with plenty of outdoors visits in Oregon and Washington. Once, and only once, I came across sasquatch tracks.

I’m not too concerned with hoaxing. I’m more interested in finding fresh sign. Fresh snow is the best way to do that........by far. 

That's pretty cool . We saw something last year walking that was out of place but I haven't posted about it because unless I'm sure 100% then it's just another story .

No tracks to be found after either , another thing that didn't make much sense about the incident .

Admin
1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

it's impossible to fake a long track way through snow without leaving your own tracks next to it.

Yup,

track1.JPG

track2.jpg

18 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Yup,

track1.JPG

track2.jpg

drag marks means stretching your legs  and not lifting your feet like a normal gait .

Easy to spot really if that was a persons intention .

Just as a note, gigantor’s pics show over a foot of snow, likely from multiple snowfall events. The pic tha Norse posted was a mere dusting of snow, and likely very, very fresh. Depending on the temperature range there, it was likely no more than 24 hours old, which makes the footprints very fresh. 

That’s what I’m looking for.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic