Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

If we threw out everything that rubbed shoulders with a hoaxer in this field? We would have little left.

The saving grace is this field predates hoaxers, stompers and ape suits by centuries.

Marx was a hoaxer. But I dont think he hoaxed the Bossburg tracks. Because I dont think they could be faked.

Also.... Rene Dahinden was on scene. I think he was a stand up guy.

Admin
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Marx was a hoaxer. But I dont think he hoaxed the Bossburg tracks. Because I dont think they could be faked.

I agree, plus Meldrum and Krantz don't think so either.

Also, I don't think Marx was smart enough. After the track find he got the bright idea to hoax the maker of the tracks

Did they ever find crippled foot tracks at the site of the hoaxed film?

There's a reason for that.

He was smart enough and had the means. I am surprised you like these fake footprints. As I recall you are more skeptical than me with the holy grail of evidence the awesome  Patterson film. 

My mother, I'm assuming thinking it would be cute, sent me a pair of BF track stompers for an Xmas gift.

Opened, let my son see them and then they went into the dumpster.

Now that I've seen them, those fake tracks would never fool me.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, norseman said:

I think you dont fully appreciate the  Bossburg tracks. If you tried to recreate it I think that would change.

But thats OK, your still my favorite skeptic! :)

You and Mib are my favorite proponents. It was you in fact that defended me against him and others.

You Have made some great points and I am listening. Perhaps I am wrong. 

On 12/23/2018 at 11:14 PM, MIB said:

I think that is going too far.    Having a known hoaxer, as Marx is reputed to be, involved or even nearby should rightly raise red flags, but that's all they are, red flags, NOT proof of hoaxing any more than lack of such an individual in the area is proof of authenticity.   A person doing honest and competent science investigating a report is going to be exactly as thorough without a "Marx in the woodpile" as they are with one present because to do any less is not doing their due diligence.   If you consider his presence an indicator of "loud and clear" hoaxing, you're letting your emotions interfere ... not an indicator of doing good science.   My opinion only of course.

I don't know what to think of the Bossburg tracks.   I can't prove them authentic or hoax.   The best data I have is interpretation, not raw info, presented by people who have already taken one side or the other of this issue.  I can look at photos but they're not that great.   I can't go back in time, see for myself, examine for the things that might have been missed, examine to address questions raised later.    Best I can do for now is stack them in a very large "hmmmm" box.   Costs me nothing, gains me nothing.

MIB

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me such a deatailed explanation 

I Am actually pleasantly surprised that you are not completely sold on these controversial tracks. 

I agree that I to wished I would have had the opportunity to view them in person. 

That would have been so cool. Don't you think? 

P-G .. absolutely!   There is much evidence I wish I could have been present when it was collected to learn what was missed.  There are many experience I've had I wish I could truly review by going through them again to see what I missed.  Maybe I'd have different explanations entirely, or maybe more detailed.    I can't, though, it just is what it is and all I can do is make the best of it.

Merry Christmas.   I've enjoyed our discussions immensely!

MIB

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MIB said:

P-G .. absolutely!   There is much evidence I wish I could have been present when it was collected to learn what was missed.  There are many experience I've had I wish I could truly review by going through them again to see what I missed.  Maybe I'd have different explanations entirely, or maybe more detailed.    I can't, though, it just is what it is and all I can do is make the best of it.

Merry Christmas.   I've enjoyed our discussions immensely!

MIB

Merry Christmas to you and you loved ones, I enjoy our conversations. I really appreciate you educating me on all things Bigfoot. 

This uninformed lowly Phd chemist really appreciates it. 

• Like 1

What next? Dogs and cats living together?

Have immensely enjoyed the last several submissions from posters I respect. 

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Lets put it this way.....

Its gonna take a body. A good way to get a body is to follow a trackway.

If I was snowmobiling and cut the Bossburg tracks?

I would follow them!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, norseman said:

........If I was snowmobiling and cut the Bossburg tracks?

I would follow them!

I would, too, but my understanding is that my snowgo wouldn’t go there. The tracks were reported to go down a bluff to the Columbia River and crossed, I believe into Canada? I also believe that a few of the prints were found on the other side.

No they went west into the flat creek country. Canada would be north of Bossburg. Columbia is flowing south roughly right there.

I have read some reports that tracks were found on the flat creek side.

IMG_1355.PNG

Are most footprints 5 toed?  Is there a lot of space in between the toes?

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Lets put it this way.....

Its gonna take a body. A good way to get a body is to follow a trackway.

If I was snowmobiling and cut the Bossburg tracks?

I would follow them!

I’m totally for that.  It’s gonna take a body.  The whole topic of BiGF0oTEry is so strange.  Everything we know about them is more or less conjecture.  

One of the interesting things about the Bossburg tracks was that it was mid-winter like the recent Sunnyslope trackway, and they were both long trackways due to the snow.

Good conversation ! :) 

norseman,

Two things, the Greys Harbor 1982 tracks were mentioned earlier, I've always found this report(s) fascinatin'. An you mentioned followin' tracks to get to the track maker.

I know you're an outdoorsman familiar with flora, can you even imagine walkin' through 150 feet of hellish nasty described in the Grays Harbor track find ? I literally get shredded an bleedin' every summer reachin' in 5 feet into the blackberry bushes ta get a snack.

"A distinct trail could be found leading from the top of a small hill, down hill through 8 foot high Salmonberries, Devils club, Blackberries and other intertwined plants. The plants were either broken over entirely or the tops were broken. The trail measured 36" across and was approximately 150' long. It ended on the roadway at the point where the aforementioned tracks were observed." 

Not snow...but would you follow through 150 feet of that ? 

Pat...

One time I slid on my butt, quite aways down a step slope on POW, AK while bear hunting.

My bow and quiver were in my lap and I was trying to arrest my fall and there was these bushes to grab hold of..... so I did.

When I came to a abrupt stop at the bottom of the hill. I realized that the palms of my hands looked like pin cushions!

I was told we have devils club around NE Washington in wet areas but I had never tangled with the stuff.

Ow!

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic