Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

18 minutes ago, norseman said:

........I was told we have devils club around NE Washington in wet areas but I had never tangled with the stuff........

Gotta get all those little things out, too, or they’ll fester something horrible. Some of the little thorns are like hairs. They’re hard to see.

Truly something the devil grows in Hell.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Gotta get all those little things out, too, or they’ll fester something horrible. Some of the little thorns are like hairs. They’re hard to see.

Yes, that wicked plant is common in wet areas here in SW BC rainforests. I had my first encounter with it as a child, about 8 years old, I think, and I've avoided it for the last 65 years! Never again!!

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

1 hour ago, BC witness said:

Yes, that wicked plant is common in wet areas here in SW BC rainforests. I had my first encounter with it as a child, about 8 years old, I think, and I've avoided it for the last 65 years! Never again!!

Painful. Some patches are too dense to walk through. Ouch ouch ouch. Image does not need scale. This is as close as you should be.

Devil's Club_IMG_0464.jpg

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text

A good read about devils club. I know of some forests of devils club in the foothills of the western Cascades growing under maples. I always wondered if Bigfoot used devils club as food and for medicinal purposes. Foot prints would be hard to follow through the devils club.

http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/issue62/article2697.html

Very informative and interesting article, daveedo. I'll look upon it differently in the future, but still avoid the wild plant like the plague.

5 hours ago, daveedoe said:

A good read about devils club. I know of some forests of devils club in the foothills of the western Cascades growing under maples. I always wondered if Bigfoot used devils club as food and for medicinal purposes. Foot prints would be hard to follow through the devils club.

http://cms.herbalgram.org/herbalgram/issue62/article2697.html

Nice link.  Devils Club is perhaps a hiding place/they place it between them and you.  I have scouted areas during late winter/early spring before the Devils Club growth explodes. When you see a dense group of stalks protruding up through the snow, you know that it will be a wicked jungle. I have a bypass lopper for cutting through such hell. Very time consuming to cut and make progress through Devils Club. Thick leather gloves are essential.

A certain stubborn Oregon bigfooter waded over a quarter mile through a lava boulder and Devil's Club "field" at the base of a cliff to access an off trail lake once.    VERY happy to have found some ribbons someone else left marking a route back out AROUND both! 

MIB

A lot of different topics discussed , very interesting thread .Does anyone have any opinion on the Todd Standing film?

From what I'v seen Dr Meldrum seemed convinced by the film.

Some of Standings later stuff looks convincing.......

The problem is that his early works were a joke known as "muppet heads".

This is known as "progression". His suits it would seem get better and better with time.

If Standing is serious about proving they exist? He need only shoot one of these many creatures he seems blessed with encountering constantly and drag it in by a foot. Or even a chunk of it.

5 hours ago, 7.62 said:

A lot of different topics discussed , very interesting thread .Does anyone have any opinion on the Todd Standing film?

From what I'v seen Dr Meldrum seemed convinced by the film.

Exactly is why neither one should be taken serious. One is a hoaxer and the other one is easily convinced. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, norseman said:

Some of Standings later stuff looks convincing.......

The problem is that his early works were a joke known as "muppet heads".

This is known as "progression". His suits it would seem get better and better with time........

His willingness to hoax makes him a hoaxer. He cannot be trusted. And I still haven’t seen any of his hoaxed evidence or silly videos tha5 looked convincing in the least. He’s the kind of liar that feeds skeptics with valid doubt, as Patterson-Gimlin displays above. I’m not saying that he hasn’t found a real footprint or two, but his lies make him an overall negative influence. 

• Upvote 1

If he's (Standing) so close with them you would think he could dart one and study and get DNA for all of us to see.... He is a fake, I believe!!!!!!

These two clips look decent to me. No obvious muppet heads. But as already stated how do you trust any of it?

Gonna take a body.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic