Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

10 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

When I said my friend told me that the creature was added after the fact. That does not mean it was. I maintain that it is inconclusive and not worth further study. 

There is only one piece of evidence that makes the subject worth further study. 

Not 8 foot tall, but in my humble opinion a member of the 7 foot club. 

I'm sure it could be done, but could it have been done when this video came out?

We have to be careful that we don't base our thinking on what can be done today with CGI.  

55 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

.........Not 8 foot tall, but in my humble opinion a member of the 7 foot club. 

.........and bulkier than any human at any height. She had to weigh 550-800 lbs. 

The subject in Paul Freeman's video looks like it could have been male. Had that location and video been given the same forensic examination that the PG film site had been given, perhaps it would have been much more convincing. Like the PG film site, it came with castable footprints.

20 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

In Cliff B.'s analysis, something he mentioned in his conclusion that he thought spoke against the video being a hoax was the fact the Browns had gone back to the location (Torreya State Park) many times since making the video to do more research and make more accurate measurements at Cliff's request. They stayed in contact after the FB show was there. Cliff used these new measurements to make new calculations in his analysis.

Let's assume a scenario that the image showing the Bigfoot was actually doctored and the video really was a hoax.

The obvious question in this scenario would be: Since the Browns never told Cliff, or anyone else, the video was faked, did the Browns just humor Cliff and play him for a fool? When Cliff would ask them for certain measurements, they traveled to the actual site and took the measurements he requested. Did the Browns do this just to humor Cliff and let him continue to think the figure was a real Bigfoot?  Did they just dupe Cliff? 

If the video is a hoax, this has to be true.  

(sidenote: I did read on the internet that Stacy Brown Sr. passed away a couple of months ago.)

Did they ever go back to the actual site and do a reenactment using the same FLIR or the same model?  It would be curious what a 6' human would look like compared to the figure in the video.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Did they ever go back to the actual site and do a reenactment using the same FLIR or the same model?  It would be curious what a 6' human would look like compared to the figure in the video.

Yes, they did. The Finding Bigfoot show did do a reenactment using Bobo and I'm pretty sure Bobo walked the same path as the figure. As I remember, the figure was significantly taller than Bobo, and Bobo is 6'4. I also think Bobo fell considerably short of matching the step length of the figure.

I don't know if the show used the same type of thermal imager as the Browns. I would think they used the same thermal imager they used in their shows.

Cliff B. did take a still frame of the Brown's creature and put it side by side with a thermal image still frame of a 5' 9 person and the creature dwarfed the 5' 9 human. Hopefully it shows up below.

human-and-sasquatch-superim-copy1.jpg.43815470353982205d0ec7135269f8e9.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Okie. It's these type of technical reenactments that would leave me nearly speechless if I were in the doubting group.  For the life of me, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't also do the reenactment with the identical imager used by the Brown's, especially given the budget that show must have had. 

I have an interesting video and will go back in Spring and have a friend do a reenactment. I want to be able to match up trees in particular  to the original video I have so a real comparison can be made.  If the above two videos can claim being shot in the exact location with the same thermal imager at the same time of year ( same weather conditions), the above would be a game changer for me.

The above is exactly why I got my thermal imager. To be able to get capture a figure in the black of night, in their world. So I can see it moving and, all-the-while, it probably thinking it remains unseen. Then do a reenactment.

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Thanks Okie. It's these type of technical reenactments that would leave me nearly speechless if I were in the doubting group.  For the life of me, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't also do the reenactment with the identical imager used by the Brown's, especially given the budget that show must have had. 

I have an interesting video and will go back in Spring and have a friend do a reenactment. I want to be able to match up trees in particular  to the original video I have so a real comparison can be made.  If the above two videos can claim being shot in the exact location with the same thermal imager at the same time of year ( same weather conditions), the above would be a game changer for me.

The above is exactly why I got my thermal imager. To be able to get capture a figure in the black of night, in their world. So I can see it moving and, all-the-while, it probably thinking it remains unseen. Then do a reenactment.

I think you're partly in luck. I was thinking about this and I thought I had read that the 5' 9 human was actually one of the Browns themselves; which would mean that particular image would have been taken with their own thermal imager. It was very likely taken at Cliff's request for comparison purposes with the "Bigfoot". At the bottom is what Cliff said about the image of the human. 

However, we still don't know about the imager used for Bobo. My guess is the show would have used their own imager since they would want to take the comparison images of Bobo back to their studio so they could be used in the TV show. Does this make sense?  I don't know if anything was ever said about what type imager they were using for Bobo.

When you mention matching up trees; this is one reason Cliff went down to the actual site with the Browns, so he could find the actual tree the figure was hiding behind and take measurements. They did locate the actual tree and Cliff took various measurements at at least two or three different heights. After all his calculations, he came up with an estimated shoulder width of about 48 inches. The smallest width he came up with was still 39 in.

I took a still from the thermal recreation supplied to me by Stacy Brown Jr. and superimposed it on a frame from the original footage.  I then resized it so that the branch in the upper right of the frame matched in size to the one that is plainly visible in the original footage.  Because the camera position was not exactly the same, I then moved the recreation frame around so that the human and bigfoot figure were next to each other for comparison purposes.

Edited by OkieFoot

Interesting. It sounds like Cliff was right on it. With the access to funds and people, I'm surprised FB wouldn't go out of their way to "match the hatch". Buy the exact model thermal imager the Brown's had and do the re-enactment. I'm technically challenged so maybe I wouldn't be able to do the technical analysis they do but have access to experts who can.

When you have footage, which is rare to get,  all attempts to provide a baseline for comparison should be done. For example, the average man's shoulder width is ~18.25". If they can show the shoulder width is 39", you've something meaningful. 

^^ If video evidence, say the PGF,  is not enough to move the needle on BF, is thermal video going to help any?  I think it would only reinforce a believers stance.  If that’s the case how much money and effort should be put in by believers to further reinforce their belief?   They already have their confirmation  of it’s presence in the area.  Future resources should be invested in acquiring repeatable, verifiable evidence, imo. 

IMO, a thermal detection device would only be useful in sasquatchery in hunting such a creature down or detecting its presence nearby in the dark, but serving such a rokele could be key. Recording a thermal image is just more undeterminable BS to clutter up the evidence bucket with.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Recording a thermal image is just more undeterminable BS to clutter up the evidence bucket with.

Yes, if evidence, intended to convince others, is your motivation, it is of limited value because it won't be accepted by most scoftics.   (Despite that, some thermal imaging gear produces very crisp images indeed, good enough for wildlife ID, bird ID, etc in pitch black.   Been there done that.)

If, however, you are looking for personal confirmation of experience, to conclusively .. for yourself .. know if what you heard crunching sticks in the dark was a deer or a bigfoot, it may be just exactly what you want.

So in a sense, passing judgment on use of thermal imaging amounts to passing judgment on someone else's motivation.  Takes considerable gall IMHO.  

MIB

I have gall. I am not sure how long that you have monitored the Sasquatch investigation arena. Do you remember the entertainment group that secured a lot of thermal imaging gear years ago?  Claimed to be 6 figures worth. They did not use their own money.  And?????

Nothing.  I have zero interest in thermal imaging gear.

I have a big gall bladder, and a short fuse.

While I doubt I'd shoot a bigfoot for the simple reason that I'd expect the authorities to punish me for it, I'd shoot a bigfoot at the drop of a hat if I thought it intended to harm me.

And if I caught a thermal image of a bipedal entity sneaking around me in the dark, he/she would get one verbal warning (just for the sake of legality), and then if there was no appropriate response, I'd be highly likely to shoot as many holes through it as I could before it was prone on the ground.

I sure hope all the sasquatches and foolish humans out there are reading this........

• gigantor unfeatured this topic