Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Yet we are ok with Marx being involved with both hoax’s and legit stuff.....B)

If Todd Standing and I came upon a set of tracks in the forest newly minted. And I had been with him for the whole week prior. And the tracks did things like step over barb wire fences and slide down cliffs?

What was I suppose to think?

Rene Dahinden was no push over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twist said:

Yet we are ok with Marx being involved with both hoax’s and legit stuff.....B)

Not me. But which came first? The chicken (Bossburg trackway)? Or the egg (Marx’s hoaxes)?

And I still have’t seen anything associated with Standing that could hold a candle to the Bossburg events..........

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Hey, I'm just pointing out the irony or hypocrisy (depending on how you look at) of it all

I will openly admit that some of Standings later stuff is not muppet heads. And I like Les Stroud. Did you watch the second video I posted? He is a Canadian researcher and says Nordegg is as good as it gets. And he claims Standing does spend alot of time in the woods.

It could be a case of crying wolf to many times.

I just finished watching what I believe to be the second video you posted, a guy in a red shirt and a beard??  If so, it does nothing to move the needle in a positive direction towards Standing.  IMO of course.   

3 hours ago, Twist said:

Hey, I'm just pointing out the irony or hypocrisy (depending on how you look at) of it all

I think there is neither irony or hypocrisy. The event happened, and Marx decided to try to capitalize on it. 

And he he did a really lousy job of it.

3 hours ago, norseman said:

.........He is a Canadian researcher and says Nordegg is as good as it gets.........

Nordegg is as good as it can get.

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I think there is neither irony or hypocrisy. The event happened, and Marx decided to try to capitalize on it. 

I get that.  I understand that the general consensus is that the trackway is legit.   I believe that it is way more compelling than anything Standing has been associated with.  The nuts and bolts come down to both being involved with believed hoaxers, IMO. 

Edited by Twist

30 minutes ago, Twist said:

I just finished watching what I believe to be the second video you posted, a guy in a red shirt and a beard??  If so, it does nothing to move the needle in a positive direction towards Standing.  IMO of course.   

What moves the needle is a body IMO.

All Im saying is that Todd Standing could be filming real Bigfeet now?

And nobody would believe him because of his earlier "evidence".

Which is actually the reverse of Marx. Which started out as good evidence and then went downhill quickly.

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

I get that.  I understand that the general consensus is that the trackway is legit.   I believe that it is way more compelling than anything Standing has been associated with.  The nuts and bolts come down to both being involved with believed hoaxers, IMO. 

True.

Even Roger Patterson owned an Ape suit.

Heck, I made stompers and hoaxed my aunt and uncle as a kid.

Ultimately I think we place too much value on trace evidence.

If I find a good trackway that is doing stuff I dont think a man in stompers can do? Im going to follow it! But it proves nothing to skeptics. Nor should it.

1 minute ago, norseman said:

What moves the needle is a body IMO.

100% Agree

1 minute ago, norseman said:

All Im saying is that Todd Standing could be filming real Bigfeet now?

And nobody would believe him because of his earlier "evidence".

Which is actually the reverse of Marx. Which started out as good evidence and then went downhill quickly.

I agree he could be filming real BF.  Read the reports or listen to all the stories and 80% of the contiguous US could be recording BF activity.  For some reason we are not.   Almost like they are blurry by nature, idk?

1 minute ago, Twist said:

100% Agree

I agree he could be filming real BF.  Read the reports or listen to all the stories and 80% of the contiguous US could be recording BF activity.  For some reason we are not.   Almost like they are blurry by nature, idk?

I disagree.

I do not think much of the US could support a population of 800 lbs apemen without being noticed.

Canada is a different story.

As far as blurry. I filmed our ranch branding with my iphone last weekend and uploaded it to youtube. My son showed me how to use the PS4 to access youtube on the big screen TV. So I got on and played a couple of our videos and I was shocked the quality was utter garbage. Its worse than the PGF......

I find that appalling in our day and age. If I was inclined to attempt to film a Sasquatch with my Iphone? (Which Iam not) I wouldnt bother now.

31 minutes ago, Twist said:

..........Read the reports or listen to all the stories and 80% of the contiguous US could be recording BF activity.........

I believe that at least 90% or more of the reports are lies and misidentifications. Perhaps 1% are hoaxes. Maybe 5% are kooks who believe their imaginations.

If just one report is the real thing, whether yesterday or 40 years ago, this is the real thing. 

I believe it is the real thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

I believe that at least 90% or more of the reports are lies and misidentifications. Perhaps 1% are hoaxes. Maybe 5% are kooks who believe their imaginations.

If just one report is the real thing, whether yesterday or 40 years ago, this is the real thing. 

I believe it is the real thing.

^^This.^^ There's a section on this very forum to bolster this view.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic