starting up a sasquatch expedition. could use some help

milehigh sasquatch

I am starting a sasquatch expedition and could use some help reaching as many people as possible and raising money for the expedition. please share this link with anyone you can and of course if you would like to donate it will be much appreciated.https://www.gofundme.com/sasquatch-...ail&utm_campaign=contacts-v2-invite-to-donate

• Upvote 1

Admin

hey milehigh,

It's great that you are organizing an expedition. Can you tell us a little more about it?

What is the goal of the expedition?

Where will the expedition take place?

Do you have a plan?

How are you going to achieve your goal?

What is your wilderness experience? Are you a 4 season camper?

Age?

4WD vehicle?

Hunter/fisherman?

How are you able to leave your occupation to spend an extensive amount of time away from home?

Edited by Catmandoo

I am seeking funds to start a sasquatch research expedition. I am in need of gear and supplies such as thermal imaging cameras,trail cams, Hd cameras etc.  My goal is to start in the Colorado region and eventually make my way to the pacific northwest obtaining concrete evidence of sasquatch.

Thermal imagers, trail cams, and HD cameras will not get concrete evidence.

I don't have much budget for squatching. Maybe I should start begging for money too...

Thing is... you don't need to have a lot of gear to see one, you just need to get to where they are.

• Upvote 3

Admin
2 minutes ago, Redbone said:

you don't need to have a lot of gear to see one, you just need to get to where they are.

I think he wants to obtain irrefutable proof of their existence, a worthy goal.

^^ Me thinks the same^^ Scamm , If we all had a spot we would all have the evidence.^^

my plan is to start in my home state of Colorado, in the spring mainly the tenmile and park county area.those have the most recent sightings and slowly make my way to the pacific northwest stopping in  I am a seasoned outdoorsmen/tracker age 34. i don't hunt to kill anything unless i need food . I  do have a 4wd 1980 gmc jimmy trail rig to be exact.however most of the areas i plan on setting up camp will be a hike in hike out situation.  i am simply trying to gather as much evidence as i can be it DNA camera footage or any type of physical evidence.I WILL NOT KILL ANYTHING JUST TO PROVE THEY EXIST.  I have a master's in wildlife biology and working to become a primatologist. I am not begging for money,i am simply trying to raise money to be able to spend a proper amount of time in the field. i own a aquarium fish store so i can take the time i need. i feel that setting out on a solo expedition gives me a slight advantage in possibly finding and filming a sasquatch,and my life time of tracking experience will help me achieve my goal of collecting any evidence.  

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

^^ Me thinks the same^^ Scamm , If we all had a spot we would all have the evidence.^^

i don't have a "spot" i am simply going off the most recent sightings in the areas that are the closest to me to start. i understand that people will be very wary or think im just full of crap. im not a scam artist or some lowlife trying to cheat people. i am just a guy with a dream that supersedes my finances 

Enthusiasm is important. Going solo is good but has a safety risk factor.  Limit 2 people.  Sasquatch find you, you do not find Sasquatch.  Start out slow.  You may want to think about areas.  The forest fire smoke in the PNW was very bad,  a health hazard, last summer. We had smoke from Canada, eh.  Summer of 2019 could be just as bad. Instead of going west, going south could be a good option. Think about Oklahoma, Texas and Arizona. 

Your vehicle is older than you are. Could be good. Real 4WD. No computers to fail, no fuel injection problems.  Fenders rotted off from road salt?

There isn't one of us who doesn't forego something each and every month in order to fund our bigfoot endeavors. There isn't one of us here who hasn't had to put money aside week-by-week in order to acquire sound equipment, a thermal, new tires, or just to pay bills while we are in the field. You spend no time investing yourself here on BFF,  just waltz in, and come straight towards us with your hand outstretched and beg for money like some unseemly street urchin?

It's situations like this that underscores why I have no respect for millennials.  In my opinion, they are profoundly lazy, don't possess a drop of ingenuity, and expect others to do things for them rather than knuckle down and makes things happen on their own.

It would never dawn on me in a million years to ask a friend or neighbor, much less someone unknown to me, to give me money for something I want to do. As far as me and your request is concerned....hit the road!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Milehigh

I am not trying to be tough on you and I hope you can understand how skeptical I am with your endeavor. It is just that a lot of us as well has also worked hard at getting access to the holy grail of the forest. There are researchers who have gone all their lives and never seen one. Then there are some of us who have seen them but not have been given the chance to bring back that proof that is needed in order for these creatures to be accepted. Tactics tried and tactics failed and things never turn out how you might think they do.  Many have thought along the same lines as you only to come back with the same results or with results only to be refuted. Now this is only my opinion . But I do wish you luck  and happy hunting.

Edited by ShadowBorn

46 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

There isn't one of us who doesn't forego something each and every month in order to fund our bigfoot endeavors. There isn't one of us here who hasn't had to put money aside week-by-week in order to acquire sound equipment, a thermal, new tires, or just to pay bills while we are in the field. You spend no time investing yourself here on BFF,  just waltz in, and come straight towards us with your hand outstretched and beg for money like some unseemly street urchin?

It's situations like this that underscores why I have no respect for millennials.  In my opinion, they are profoundly lazy, don't possess a drop of ingenuity, and expect others to do things for them rather than knuckle down and makes things happen on their own.

It would never dawn on me in a million years to ask a friend or neighbor, much less someone unknown to me, to give me money for something I want to do. As far as me and your request is concerned....hit the road!

Get over yourself.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Let me apologize personally to MileHigh and to everyone  here. It was wrong of me to post that. It hit me the wrong way but I should not have said what I did.

We all want others to go on expeditions and more and however that happens, go for it.

Once, again, I was wrong and my apology.