starting up a sasquatch expedition. could use some help

milehigh sasquatch

So you want people to  fund your vacation hiking trip. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

5 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Let me apologize personally to MileHigh and to everyone  here. It was wrong of me to post that. It hit me the wrong way but I should not have said what I did.

We all want others to go on expeditions and more and however that happens, go for it.

Once, again, I was wrong and my apology.

Going for his age group was out of line , the rest wasn't

• Upvote 1

Took me a couple of years to get a camcorder and another year to get a decent night vision scope and a good recording device. With a little patience and with some hard earned savings, you should be able to acquire the basics to get out there. If you're going to be out there a long time you should be able to get dropped off like I use to, and picked up. I would love to do what your planning to do but I have to keep working to survive, and won't be able to retire for several more years with a job I've been doing. When I was young and out of the service I'd lived very simple for about 18 years living in the coastal hills surrounded by park land in a little trailer next to a year round waterfall. My rent was $125 a month with five dollars added on for utilities. This allowed me to go on numerous long backpacking trips in the Trinity Alps and Sierra's. I would find work here and there and was on a list with the county to go work for different people who needed help. I eventually started my own business which enabled me even more freedom. Not once was I ever on unemployment or any assistance. By the way, that trailer is still sitting after all these years right next to that waterfall. I would get on a caretaker's list online and look for a remote ranch in Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. They will give you housing and a small salary. This will enable you to go hiking in places where others won't have access to that are probably great Bigfoot areas. I've known different people who do this with one couple still doing it during the summer up in the high Sierra's just west of Tahoe, they been doing it for years and it's an awesome set up. So there are different ways of going about achieving what you want to do. You can save up your cash having free housing to buy what you would like to have for research. 

Edited by MindSquatch

I am all for efforts pushing to get out and survey but you are missing the boat here. You have not elaborated on any experience you have investigating the subject, technical skills or commitment, people need to know that their investment is not some random persons vacation or summer adventure. We don't know who you are, what drives you or how much capability you have in gathering/interrupting information.  You are taking the job to fill a hole, investigating in much the same way any scientist would on any other theory or study.  

You have to realize that people like myself are filling this same hole, I have put in hundred of nights, tens of thousands of dollars, thousands of miles to meet witnesses and collected untold amounts of ecological data from research locations.  What makes someone like me want to invest in someone like you ?

You need more information on yourself, goals, project structure, time commitment and expense.   Just things to consider when you put yourself in this position. 

• Upvote 4

i completely understand all of your reservations and concerns towards me and my request. i came to this forum because i thought it might be the best place to spread the word to people who wouldn't think i was some nut job.not to beg for money, i was hopping for more of a share the link with the right group of people type thing. i never meant to insult anyone. i have been saving money for the expedition for quite some time to insure all my bills will be paid in my absence.And for equipment and supplies. it seems like several of you are very passionate like myself, maybe we can make this a joint expo or a multi state expedition. I just see shows like finding bigfoot and others and i think what a waste of resources. searching in a small area for a few hours at a time seemed like a waste of time to me.      

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

There isn't one of us who doesn't forego something each and every month in order to fund our bigfoot endeavors. There isn't one of us here who hasn't had to put money aside week-by-week in order to acquire sound equipment, a thermal, new tires, or just to pay bills while we are in the field. You spend no time investing yourself here on BFF,  just waltz in, and come straight towards us with your hand outstretched and beg for money like some unseemly street urchin?

It's situations like this that underscores why I have no respect for millennials.  In my opinion, they are profoundly lazy, don't possess a drop of ingenuity, and expect others to do things for them rather than knuckle down and makes things happen on their own.

It would never dawn on me in a million years to ask a friend or neighbor, much less someone unknown to me, to give me money for something I want to do. As far as me and your request is concerned....hit the road!

Always been out of pocket for me, as it should be

Remember one thing,,, only a dead one across a hood or in the bed of a pickup truck will be good enough to say it's real. Even then we will have doughters!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shooter said:

Remember one thing,,, only a dead one across a hood or in the bed of a pickup truck will be good enough to say it's real. Even then we will have doughters!!!!

If you go with the larger range of what some believe they get the hood sure won't hold it and neither will the bed of most pickups.

As to the OP, I'm not inclined to give to any 'gofundme' efforts.  They take too much of the donation and there's too high of an incident of fraud.

Good luck to the OP but I'm not interested in funding his trip.

5 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

If you go with the larger range of what some believe they get the hood sure won't hold it and neither will the bed of most pickups.

As to the OP, I'm not inclined to give to any 'gofundme' efforts.  They take too much of the donation and there's too high of an incident of fraud.

Good luck to the OP but I'm not interested in funding his trip.

thanks for being respectful. i never thought this post would get so much negative backlash. i understand not supporting or donating but not sure why so much animosity  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, starchunk said:

Always been out of pocket for me, as it should be

i think this is a good reason nothing definitive has been found. i don't believe a proper investigation can be done with minimal funding. and everyone seems to approach it as more of a hobby rather than a scientific study. i have been involved with studies of known animals while in school all of which required significant funding. I wish main stream science would invest some  funding into cryptozoology. but im sure most schools (if any) asking for funds to start a academic program for such investigations are met with ridicule          

i thought i would take a moment to give a brief layout of my plan. i will map out the areas that have the highest and most recent sightings.From there i will interview as many eye witnesses  as i can.I will attempt to weed out any false/misidentification reports. Once i find a location that has the highest amount of credible witnesses i will head out to the field.  Taking from what i have learned from multiple field studies the best way to find large animals is to find the best possible habitat. You have to first establish can this particular area support a group of large mammals. I will be approaching my expedition in a similar manner to a post graduate program i was involved in searching for, and studying the florida black bear. we first tracked/searched for  their main food sources to give us the best chance at locating the bears. this is probably the most difficult part of looking for sasquatch because we have nothing more than hypothesis and speculation on what they actually eat.I feel the sasquatch diet is very similar to bear. once i locate  a suitable area that i believe has the resources to support a sasquatch i will begin canvassing  the area for signs/evidence of sasquatch. and setting up motion trail cams. i will also setup my base camp within a .5-1 mile radius. i don't want to be directly in a area i feel is their main territory. I will be dedicating a minimum of 2 weeks to each location i visit collecting as much video,audio,and biological evidence as i can in each area

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, milehigh sasquatch said:

thanks for being respectful. i never thought this post would get so much negative backlash. i understand not supporting or donating but not sure why so much animosity  

This my friend is part of reason why BF remains unproven.   There is very little cooperation when it comes to BF for varied reasonings.  Some do not want people encroaching on "their" hot spot, some want to save the big discovery for themselves, some claim to not want proof of Bigfoot found at all, some are just jerks.  

From my years of following BF as well as some of the research that goes into it, I have my money on one getting creamed by a semi during a road crossing or possibly large academia finding it if they ever get off their rear ends, they at least have protocols and procedures to organize a search as well as undergrads :P   

• Upvote 1

No matter what picture or video you bring back,,,,, all you're gonna hear is,,, it's fake!!!!!!! I'm not even going to use my go pro next week into Feb for the hunts I got planned. And I know how cool a shot down the bbl of my winchester would look. I don't want the chance of glare off it or anything like that.  That said,, good luck in your travels......

8 hours ago, milehigh sasquatch said:

this is probably the most difficult part of looking for sasquatch because we have nothing more than hypothesis and speculation on what they actually eat.

If you are talking about any unrecognized species then this is what anything about them will be, a hypothesis.

Given that , you have to go on witness reports and hope they are truthful. The consensus on diet from reports are they are Omnivores similar to the bear but with a higher ability to hunt larger game, sometimes in small cooperative group effort. your area should have large forest area, little human encroachment (helps with reducing hoaxing possibility), abundance of berries and a large population of deer. Pictures and video have not been able to cross the acknowledging the species barrier. The better bet would be DNA from tissue or saliva. If you could figure out how to get them to drool on something for saliva collection would be good. You have to have proper DNA sample collection, storage and a trustable lab to run it in place before trying to collect the sample. Saliva in most cases is next best thing to obtaining blood for DNA testing.

I agree with posters above, pictures or videos, unless amazing quality and displaying acts not capable by humans, you will need DNA.  Need to find an active area then a way to acquire DNA.   I hate the thought of maiming any animal but some way to acquire blood or flesh would be ideal I believe.  

56 minutes ago, Twist said:

This my friend is part of reason why BF remains unproven.   There is very little cooperation when it comes to BF for varied reasonings.  Some do not want people encroaching on "their" hot spot, some want to save the big discovery for themselves, some claim to not want proof of Bigfoot found at all, some are just jerks.  

From my years of following BF as well as some of the research that goes into it, I have my money on one getting creamed by a semi during a road crossing or possibly large academia finding it if they ever get off their rear ends, they at least have protocols and procedures to organize a search as well as undergrads :P   

Observing those in the BF community (or for that matter the ghost hunters, ufo folks, etc) is an interesting study of human behavior.

• Upvote 3