starting up a sasquatch expedition. could use some help

milehigh sasquatch

Milehigh Sasquatch, one thing I forgot to ask and I have not seen in your posts is have you had an experience with a Sasquatch? If you have not I would suggest loading up your rig and finding a good spot close to where you live and go camping in the area for a minimum of 3 nights at a time walking around looking for evidence and return to camp right before sundown is a good tactic. If they are in the area they will find you. You should prove their existence to yourself beyond a shadow of your doubt before you try to prove it to the rest of the world.

59 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Observing those in the BF community (or for that matter the ghost hunters, ufo folks, etc) is an interesting study of human behavior.

You ain’t whistling Dixie.

" I am a seasoned outdoorsmen/tracker"

Have you ever found any sign of a Bigfoot in your tracking experience ? If not why are you convinced they exist ?

Is it from the Patty film , youtube videos , eye witness accounts ?

7 hours ago, David NC said:

Milehigh Sasquatch, one thing I forgot to ask and I have not seen in your posts is have you had an experience with a Sasquatch? If you have not I would suggest loading up your rig and finding a good spot close to where you live and go camping in the area for a minimum of 3 nights at a time walking around looking for evidence and return to camp right before sundown is a good tactic. If they are in the area they will find you. You should prove their existence to yourself beyond a shadow of your doubt before you try to prove it to the rest of the world.

i had a sighting in bailey co when i was 12  on a fishing trip with my grandfather. he/she i believe it was a she because it was not very large possible a juvenile came out of the tree line towards the river bank where we were fly fishing in. i was so scared at the time i was froze it caught sight or sent of us and darted back into the trees. we left shortly after my grandfather never would admit it was a bigfoot. he would always say "i never got a good look to know what it was"

Best of luck to you. Not going to find any mythical beasts,but being in the great outdoors is reason enough to go on your expedition. 

I enjoy the the time I spend camping, fishing etc with my girlfriend and family. Being from Florida outdoors is a way of life. I also spend time in  

the PNW with my youngest daughter who resides near the Patterson film site. 

On 12/17/2018 at 12:00 AM, milehigh sasquatch said:

i think this is a good reason nothing definitive has been found. i don't believe a proper investigation can be done with minimal funding. and everyone seems to approach it as more of a hobby rather than a scientific study. i have been involved with studies of known animals while in school all of which required significant funding. I wish main stream science would invest some  funding into cryptozoology. but im sure most schools (if any) asking for funds to start a academic program for such investigations are met with ridicule          

I'm going to have to disagree, it's more about the long game, learning and perfecting, and recognizing patterns. One time efforts are just that, one. time. Continued presence, preserverance, and patience, with a lot of observation over time.

On 12/17/2018 at 4:02 PM, milehigh sasquatch said:

i had a sighting in bailey co when i was 12  on a fishing trip with my grandfather. he/she i believe it was a she because it was not very large possible a juvenile came out of the tree line towards the river bank where we were fly fishing in. i was so scared at the time i was froze it caught sight or sent of us and darted back into the trees. we left shortly after my grandfather never would admit it was a bigfoot. he would always say "i never got a good look to know what it was"

I live near Bailey.  Was this in the lost creek wilderness?

• 2 weeks later...

So I haven't read everything in this thread so I don't know all of the plans, but do you know what you are doing? Do you know where you are going to go? What side of the mountain you will be hiking up? Have you scouted the area on a map?

There are some good rules to follow when looking for these creatures that will greatly increase your chance of success. Such as:

Elevation preferrably above 6,500 ft

NE side of the mountain

Flat area near the top of the ridgeline

Some water flows in the area

Look for structures, tree leans, tree breaks, trees cut in half, trees pushed over, etc. and also footprints

Don't waste time walking on trails. Get OFF the trails and hike through the thicket and bushes. Keep going deeper and deeper, way off the trails.

Don't expect to get anything on camera. Approach this for your own experience.

Edited by TD-40
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2018 at 7:58 AM, Twist said:

From my years of following BF as well as some of the research that goes into it, I have my money on one getting creamed by a semi during a road crossing or possibly large academia finding it if they ever get off their rear ends, they at least have protocols and procedures to organize a search as well as undergrads :P   

I was recently listening to a podcast of Into the Fray Radio (Episode 06) from October 2015, the host interviews a researcher named David about an encounter he had back in 2001 IIRC. He intentionally entered an area that another researcher told him was where he thought a troop of BFs primarily "lived". What happened to him is quite the hair-raising tale if what he portrayed actually happened.

But before that interview started, the host and her co-hosts each brought up stories or articles that had recently captured their interest. One story was about a truck driver who claims he hit and killed a BF along I-90 in the Coeur d'Alene National Forest back in 1995. He said that the truck rolled over after hitting the creature and came to stop at a bridge across Mason Creek: https://goo.gl/maps/Acgf5Mdzbo22. Anyway, apparently the tanker he was hauling was full of ethanol so he quickly ran like hell away from the crash thinking of a fire/explosion. Long story short, the sheriff (Kootenai County, Idaho) shows up, takes a look at the dead creature, then lights a road flare and tosses it into the wrecked tanker while warning the driver not to talk about what happened. Link to a detailed story is here, not sure if this was posted here on the forum in the past: http://cryptozoologynews.com/idaho-truck-driver-claims-hit-and-killed-bigfoot-but-sheriff-burned-the-evidence/.

It's telling that a person commenting on the story in the link mentions that a tanker truck fire on I-90 is not something that could have been hidden from public knowledge. The commenter then goes on to state that there are Bigfoot in the panhandle of Idaho but that particular story didn't happen. 

Edited by MichaelX
Link correction

11 minutes ago, MichaelX said:

I was recently listening to a podcast of Into the Fray Radio (Episode 06) from October 2015, the host interviews a researcher named David about an encounter he had back in 2001 IIRC. He intentionally entered an area that another researcher told him was where he thought a troop of BFs primarily "lived". What happened to him is quite the hair-raising tale if what he portrayed actually happened.

But before that interview started, the host and her co-hosts each brought up stories or articles that had recently captured their interest. One story was about a truck driver who claims he hit and killed a BF along I-90 in the Coeur d'Alene National Forest back in 1995. He said that the truck rolled over after hitting the creature and came to stop at a bridge across Mason Creek: https://goo.gl/maps/Acgf5Mdzbo22. Anyway, apparently the tanker he was hauling was full of ethanol so he quickly ran like hell away from the crash thinking of a fire/explosion. Long story short, the sheriff (Kootenai County, Idaho) shows up, takes a look at the dead creature, then lights a road flare and tosses it into the wrecked tanker while warning the driver not to talk about what happened. Link to a detailed story is here, not sure if this was posted here on the forum in the past: http://cryptozoologynews.com/idaho-truck-driver-claims-hit-and-killed-bigfoot-but-sheriff-burned-the-evidence/.

It's telling that a person commenting on the story in the link mentions that a tanker truck fire on I-90 is not something that could have been hidden from public knowledge. The commenter then goes on to state that there are Bigfoot in the panhandle of Idaho but that particular story didn't happen. 

So what about the hair raising encounter?!?!

And can't see a trooper doing that.

15 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Hmm.   Strange.   If there's a conspiracy to hide bigfoot's existence, or if the trooper perceived personal value in continued non-existence, that's precisely what I'd see the trooper doing.  

MIB     

2 hours ago, Bigjeepman said:

How do I find the fray pod cast?   I would love to hear it.  

Episode page is here: Into The Fray Radio

Direct link to that particular episode is here: ITF 06: Boundaries Crossed

Shows go all the way back to September 2015, they are up to Episode 171 as of this past Friday. A good number of Bigfoot-themed shows and interviews are spread throughout the episodes plus a lot of other paranormal subjects to choose from...

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Hmm.   Strange.   If there's a conspiracy to hide bigfoot's existence, or if the trooper perceived personal value in continued non-existence, that's precisely what I'd see the trooper doing.  

MIB     

Blowing up a fuel tanker on a suspended bridge?!?!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, NatFoot said:

1 hour ago, MIB said:

What I thought was interesting (in the linked story) was the truck driver specifically noting that this wasn't a deputy sheriff but the actual sheriff. Not a state trooper either but one would think that's who would be responding to a motor vehicle accident on an interstate highway. Seems like it would be pretty easy to find out who the Sheriff of Kootenai County, Idaho was back in 1995. If he's still above ground, would be interesting to ask him if he had any recollection of an event like that and gauge any reaction.