Hunter shot at because he apparently looks a lot like BF

Old Time Lifter

https://www.abcfoxmontana.com/community/man-says-he-was-shot-after-being-mistaken-for-bigfoot/article_af285c0c-030e-11e9-adcc-bf5f6b22f1c5.html?fbclid=IwAR0IhzDYqZAGxvBexjA0CsvxMlnS8Vo7GFKY8sLt7kzyqnWVZuWn9vtEVWA

This was nearly a very bad situation...

I really wonder what this guy looks like that he resembled a Bigfoot to another hunter?  And are eye examinations required for hunting in Montana, maybe it should be for hunting Bigfoot?

From the article:

"The shooter] said, 'I was out hunting Bigfoot.' Thought he was Bigfoot, and he said no he wasn't Bigfoot, and then the guy said you should be wearing orange. It seemed like a non-emotional approach to something that's extremely serious,” said Leo Dutton, the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff.

Reminds me that  it's smart during deer season to NOT wear any tan or brown clothing. With all these wanna be snipers out about in the woods these days I don't like to be in real open areas were someone can take 500yd shots cause of this. Friendly fire sucks but it happens!!! 

You didnt get his name, or license plate, and didn't report it until the next day? And then didnt want to press charges?

Huh.

5 hours ago, Shooter said:

Reminds me that  it's smart during deer season to NOT wear any tan or brown clothing. With all these wanna be snipers out about in the woods these days I don't like to be in real open areas were someone can take 500yd shots cause of this. Friendly fire sucks but it happens!!! 

I am visible all of the time. My back pack cover is orange. I wear orange vests to draw in hummingbirds.  There is a risk factor ( not to the hummingbirds ).

Hunters will look at you 3 ways:

• Visually, without aided vision at close range
  • Binoculars or spotting scope
  • Rifle scope

Where the hunters trigger finger is during scope observation is the risky part.

Another factor is "sound shots". I know someone who does this on a routine basis. He can't figure out why he ends up hunting alone. Crazy, but it is out there.

Does Montana require a 'tag' for Sasquatch hunting?

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text

51 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I am visible all of the time. My back pack cover is orange. I wear orange vests to draw in hummingbirds.  There is a risk factor ( not to the hummingbirds ).

Hunters will look at you 3 ways:

• Visually, without aided vision at close range
  • Binoculars or spotting scope
  • Rifle scope

Where the hunters trigger finger is during scope observation is the risky part.

Another factor is "sound shots". I know someone who does this on a routine basis. He can't figure out why he ends up hunting alone. Crazy, but it is out there.

Does Montana require a 'tag' for Sasquatch hunting?

I have a rule. If you shoot at me?

I shoot back. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Even more, morons drive than hunt... not good.

"Moron's" drive, yes. But very few drive with the intent of killing...

33 minutes ago, OldMort said:

"Moron's" drive, yes. But very few drive with the intent of killing...

Intent or not, they are still dangerous.

9 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

https://www.abcfoxmontana.com/community/man-says-he-was-shot-after-being-mistaken-for-bigfoot/article_af285c0c-030e-11e9-adcc-bf5f6b22f1c5.html?fbclid=IwAR0IhzDYqZAGxvBexjA0CsvxMlnS8Vo7GFKY8sLt7kzyqnWVZuWn9vtEVWA

This was nearly a very bad situation...

I really wonder what this guy looks like that he resembled a Bigfoot to another hunter?  And are eye examinations required for hunting in Montana, maybe it should be for hunting Bigfoot?

From the article:

"The shooter] said, 'I was out hunting Bigfoot.' Thought he was Bigfoot, and he said no he wasn't Bigfoot, and then the guy said you should be wearing orange. It seemed like a non-emotional approach to something that's extremely serious,” said Leo Dutton, the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff.

Yeah the man shot at was suppose to be carrying a gun himself since he was out to do some target practice.  How far away from his vehicle could he have been? Had he already taken some shots? He probably didn't think he needed to be wearing orange.  Was he out in the wide open? The article leaves a lot of info out.

I don't ever tell a game warden or our biologists (wanna be wardens) that I'm bigfoot hunting on the WMAs I use. I'm coyote hunting or hog hunting, that covers me using my fox pro caller. We can now use center fire rifles dec, Jan and Feb for fox and bobcat hunts. Yeah Ga use to have some weird weapon rules during some hunts. I let one yote walk already so I wouldnt scare off a bigfoot with a shot.. Been using my fawn in distress mixing it up with pigs feeding!! I gotta admit calling a bigfoot in at nite scares the **** out of me. 

• Upvote 1

So,this begs the question with over zealous hunters in the woods as I know they are. Yet, no Bigfoots on a slab. Horrible drivers also as mentioned here. 

I know because I am friends with and related to both kind.

No creature victims, quite odd indeed.

This gives credence to two theories. 

One - don't exist 

Two- rare and only thrive in the dark forests. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin