Hunter shot at because he apparently looks a lot like BF

Old Time Lifter

50 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Two- rare and only thrive in the dark forests. 

This is certainly a contributor.     The kind of "hunters" who recklessly endanger other hunters, other woods users, are generally the sort to stay near the road where they feel safe rather than the guys and gals who spend time in deep woods by choice.    I think this is becoming more true all the time.   

That doesn't require addressing the question of existence.  :) 

MIB

55 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

So,this begs the question with over zealous hunters in the woods as I know they are. Yet, no Bigfoots on a slab. Horrible drivers also as mentioned here. 

I know because I am friends with and related to both kind.

No creature victims, quite odd indeed.

This gives credence to two theories. 

One - don't exist 

Maybe if you shoot one his/her buddies take you out before you get out of the woods...

7 minutes ago, MIB said:

This is certainly a contributor.     The kind of "hunters" who recklessly endanger other hunters, other woods users, are generally the sort to stay near the road where they feel safe rather than the guys and gals who spend time in deep woods by choice.    I think this is becoming more true all the time.   

That doesn't require addressing the question of existence.  :) 

MIB

Good points. Notice I said points. 

2 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Maybe if you shoot one his/her buddies take you out before you get out of the woods...

Couldn't blame them. Lol 

3 hours ago, Shooter said:

I don't ever tell a game warden or our biologists (wanna be wardens) that I'm bigfoot hunting on the WMAs I use. I'm coyote hunting or hog hunting, that covers me using my fox pro caller. We can now use center fire rifles dec, Jan and Feb for fox and bobcat hunts. Yeah Ga use to have some weird weapon rules during some hunts. I let one yote walk already so I wouldnt scare off a bigfoot with a shot.. Been using my fawn in distress mixing it up with pigs feeding!! I gotta admit calling a bigfoot in at nite scares the **** out of me. 

Be safe and good hunting!

This shooter is the wrong person to own a gun in the first place. How can you shoot at some thing with out knowing what it is or even confirming it. I  truly hope that the police catch this person before he meets up with the wrong person who does not miss when he shoots back and claims self defense. Rule of engagement clearly states that you must shoot at what can confirm . In other words if you can clearly see what you are firing at then you should not shoot. This is the rule I govern myself by while hunting. 

If I cannot see the game clear and make out what it is then why should I shoot at it. If it is not an animal of what I am taking then I am not engaging. If it is the game that I am taking and it is a clear shot and know for sure that it is the game that I am taking then I will shoot. This is the way Of a bow hunter and one knows what they are taking with their bow. There just is no mistaken when you are bow hunting since it is so personal with your game. You can hear that arrow crack through it's ribs and through it's body. You can see the game that you are taking with your bow and it is personal with that animal since you so close with it.

Admin
13 hours ago, norseman said:

I have a rule. If you shoot at me?

I shoot back. 

Absolutely!

14 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

.........No creature victims, quite odd indeed.

This gives credence to two theories. 

One - don't exist 

A third theory, and one actually mentioned by both witnesses with guns at the time of their sightings and witnesses who claimed to shoot and kill a sasquatch:

The creature was so humanlike that they couldn’t pull the trigger, or were afraid after killing it, left it, and maintained silence.

A fourth theory, that as a hunter, I understand well:

It ain’t easy to carry a several hundred pound animal out of the woods, especially if you’re afraid that more of them are around. I have personally stood armed guard with another armed man while two others skinned a coastal brown bear on the Alaska Peninsula while another bear threatened us at close range, and a good dozen other bears in the vicinity. All we took was the head, hide, and paws, and that weighed over 100 lbs., and we didn’t have to carry it far to the skiff.......a hundred yards or so. All the while, I and another yelled, fired warning shots, and kept the other very angry bear away.

A fifth theory, that I also know well as an experienced hunter:

Not all animals that are shot drop dead as if shot with a death ray. Animals do escape to die later while hidden, and the larger the animal, the more likely this can occur. I have personally lost one black bear, possibly lost a bull caribou (not positive he was hit, but I can’t see how I missed, and the “whomp,” sounded like I hit the boiler room), and nearly lost another caribou bull. And I was not afraid to go searching for these animals like one might be to search for a wounded sasquatch. In fact, that’s how I caught the “almost lost” caribou.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The two persecutions Ive ran into over and over again is....

1) If you shoot it? Bigfoot army will rip you to shreds. Crush you by hurling boulders, bludgeon you with clubs, rip your arms off, etc.

2) If you shoot it? The authorities will charge you with murder. Bigfoot is a fully modern human and has all of the Constitutional rights of a citizen.

6 minutes ago, southernyahoo said:

Lookalikes work both ways. You shoot it and it looks too human up close,  you probably wont take it home with you.

An 800 lbs naked hairy, humanoid running down Elk from behind for supper?

Dont bet on that.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

A third theory, and one actually mentioned by both witnesses with guns at the time of their sightings and witnesses who claimed to shoot and kill a sasquatch:

The creature was so humanlike that they couldn’t pull the trigger, or were afraid after killing it, left it, and maintained silence.

A fourth theory, that as a hunter, I understand well:

It ain’t easy to carry a several hundred pound animal out of the woods, especially if you’re afraid that more of them are around. I have personally stood armed guard with another armed man while two others skinned a coastal brown bear on the Alaska Peninsula while another bear threatened us at close range, and a good dozen other bears in the vicinity. All we took was the head, hide, and paws, and that weighed over 100 lbs., and we didn’t have to carry it far to the skiff.......a hundred yards or so. All the while, I and another yelled, fired warning shots, and kept the other very angry bear away.

A fifth theory, that I also know well as an experienced hunter:

Not all animals that are shot drop dead as if shot with a death ray. Animals do escape to die later while hidden, and the larger the animal, the more likely this can occur. I have personally lost one black bear, possibly lost a bull caribou (not positive he was hit, but I can’t see how I missed, and the “whomp,” sounded like I hit the boiler room), and nearly lost another caribou bull. And I was not afraid to go searching for these animals like one might be to search for a wounded sasquatch. In fact, that’s how I caught the “almost lost” caribou.

Those who don't hunt tend to think that things 'just die' instantly when shot.  That doesn't happen far too often.  I've tracked mule deer for miles after what should have been a clean hit, some critters just don't read the hunting magazines it seems.

Trailing a wounded BF would sound to me like a really bad idea... right in line with trailing after a wounded lion or cape buffalo I'd think.

Wasn't there a story years back about a group that tried to 'ambush' a BF.  They had an ex-military sniper set up and they (if memory serves me) drove a BF past him.  The guy shot and the creature ran off.  The sniper left the woods and wouldn't have anything more to do with it saying it should have been dead from the wound.  Seems a couple guys then tracked it by a blood trail to some brush where they were certain that more than one BF was holed up... they didn't go in after it.  For some reason it seemed they (or at least one of them) was carrying a shotgun with slugs?

Does that sound at all familiar?

I think the most dangerous and fright-filled time of trying to bag a BF would be right after you've shot it.

I can't imagine your story of trying to keep the bears away... that sounds hairy as can be.  :o

41 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Those who don't hunt tend to think that things 'just die' instantly when shot.  That doesn't happen far too often.  I've tracked mule deer for miles after what should have been a clean hit, some critters just don't read the hunting magazines it seems.

Trailing a wounded BF would sound to me like a really bad idea... right in line with trailing after a wounded lion or cape buffalo I'd think.

Wasn't there a story years back about a group that tried to 'ambush' a BF.  They had an ex-military sniper set up and they (if memory serves me) drove a BF past him.  The guy shot and the creature ran off.  The sniper left the woods and wouldn't have anything more to do with it saying it should have been dead from the wound.  Seems a couple guys then tracked it by a blood trail to some brush where they were certain that more than one BF was holed up... they didn't go in after it.  For some reason it seemed they (or at least one of them) was carrying a shotgun with slugs?

Does that sound at all familiar?

I think the most dangerous and fright-filled time of trying to bag a BF would be right after you've shot it.

I can't imagine your story of trying to keep the bears away... that sounds hairy as can be.  :o

Sounds like a story a poster here called Yuchi used to brow beat me with. The military trained sniper lost his nerve supposedly. And Yuchi followed the blood trail and got a shot off only to be "pushed" out by Bigfoot army. And then a sample was collected and the conspiracy went on from there.

He would say that I was like the sniper. Took great joy in poking sticks in my cage as a pro kill proponent.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Sounds like a story a poster here called Yuchi used to brow beat me with. The military trained sniper lost his nerve supposedly. And Yuchi followed the blood trail and got a shot off only to be "pushed" out by Bigfoot army. And then a sample was collected and the conspiracy went on from there.

He would say that I was like the sniper. Took great joy in poking sticks in my cage as a pro kill proponent.

I don't remember the part about being pushed out by an army of BF?  The story always struck me as far too fantastic though... might be the same guy...

My recollection the sniper did take a shot though.  He lost his nerve only when the beast didn't drop like he assumed it should.

Yes. He lost his nerve to track the blood trail and finish it.

And yes Yuchi claimed multiple individuals tried to entrap him. Which was why after taking a shot he too retreated.