Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

Thanks DBCooper. You know the area. Not to mention, the footage was taken on their second run, in mid-day. I wish the owners would do the right thing and share the original footage. I guess that's just too much to ask of them now eh?

Sadly the McKenzie Footage has been milked by EVERY single person involved. And every single person, except maybe one, knew that its just a person in the video. And now that person knows too.

I personally know just about every individual involved with the McKenzie footage at some level (excluding 3 on the AP show team). But everyone else, yeah. And I am truly disappointed in how all of these people have sacrificed truth for the personal gain that comes with this circus show. It has nothing to do with understanding bigfoot behavior, because its just a lie. It has nothing to do with serious research either. It has simply become a carnival act for ratings sake. Sure, one or two of them have acknowledged that they believe its a person, but hey, we'll just write the script so that it leaves open the possibility. That's still selling out truth as far as I'm concerned.

I also can't understand how some who should know better, have latched onto this dog and pony show to get out of it what they can. To milk it. I guess its because they too receive some benefit, all while relying on their false concept of what research and this mystery is supposed to be.

Where is integrity?

Bravo, PagmaticTheorist! Very well stated. When, and only when scientific guidelines are utilized in the approach to the existance of BF, will science take further notice of the BF subject. This subject; for many scientists is taboo and/or a career ender. Although I am a fan of the show ( there is nothing I have not seen about BF and it is nice to see something new) I think that the MM approach to the BF investigaion lacks any scientific practice, which in turn, is hurting the ability for the scientific community to take the subject seriously. Jeff Meldrum should be applauded for "sticking his neck out" and risking his career, however, if you think about it, Mr. Meldrum has used a SCIENTIFIC approach to the BF subject. Therefore, he has not lost his career. I am sure he has taken some jeering from his colleagues, but he has stuck to the scientific approach to BF! Running willy-nilly thoughout the woods of the U.S. is NOT going to give the BF subject any credibilty! We, as BF fans should demand a scientific study. This creature could teach us humans alot, and alot about ourselves (human race). I wish that there were more Jeff Meldrums in this subject. Too may people have submitted false claims/vidoes for any scientist to feel safe to investigate the BF seriously. Ask yourself this question BF fans: if I was a scientist, would I risk my career to investigate BF scientifically???? Many would say no, and few would say yes. The scientific approach is the only way to prove BF's existence. Hopefully, in time, more scientist will support Meldrum and his scientific approach to BF! I seriously doubt the the MM's "Finding Bigfoot" reality series has given any scientist the intestinal fortitude to approach/investigate the BF subject. Just my 2 cents, thanks Bigfootfan1.

Guest Chewie

Ok, im obviously new to this forum, and hope i didnt break any rules with my thread title, but its important for me to state how i feel about a person who is obviously big in the bigfoot research community. Me personally, ive researched this topic since i was in middle school, im now 46 years old, so i got over 30 years into this thing. Im NOT a field observer, just a researcher thru books, footage, comparative science, etc. I have a background in many different subjects and have a gift for tying things together that seem to come from very different roots.

Ok, now on to the subject matter. I used to frequent BFRO, run by Matt very frequently. I still go there from time to time to read the latest reports. I joined his forum over there, and made a post about what i truly feel is what bigfoot is all about, and got slammed by Matt as being PARANORMAL, and that he DOESNT APPROVE or broach anything PARANORMAL. I laughed because BIGFOOT ITSELF is paranormal (outside the norm) whether he says so or not. Paranormal doesnt mean ghosts, etc. means OUTSIDE the norm........ Now, this stance he takes, he is trying, like MOST bigfoot researchers, to make bigfoot FIT into a distance or side relative to humans..... They want to stake claim to finding a MISSING LINK that is walking around in the forest, and refuse to broach anything that is metaphysical in any way. They keep missing or IGNORING the obvious: These beings, even though they are very stealthy, obviously have abilities that are PARANORMAL in the sense that they can become invisible, they have telepathic powers, etc. etc. This is WHY its hard to interact with these beings and FIND one so to speak. I have seen numerous video clips, where these beings disappear in the clip ( the Freeman clip is a perfect example).

In closing, Matt has a lot of influence, and even more now that he has the reality show, and i feel its hurting more than anything, because he refuses to open up to anything. I trully feel that HE HIMSELF doesnt believe in "bigfoot", that bigfoot is got to me a hairy human that he has to prove exists, but hairy human is not the end all of this subject. Anyway, hope i havent offended anyone, ill make more posts on the subject, not moneymaker, but bigfoot, lol...........

IMHO I got to say you may have a point. If they could go invisible and wipe your memories it could explain why people have a hard time finding them. But then again, making it sound like he's a lost member of the X-men is kind of out there.

Guest D B Cooper

"Yes, but he's not the only one, there are a lot of other "experts" around with this same behavior."

You are correct. The difference is that Moneymaker is now literally center stage flapping his arms yelling "I Can Fly!!" It reinforces the nay sayer's on a nation / world wide scale. And is IMO, making legitimate Scientifically based researchers look like flakes to those who may be on the cusp.

Place yourself in the position of someone who isn't 100% convinced. You kind of want to believe, but still somewhat skeptical, and waiting for some convincing evidence from a credible source. You watch this show for the first time thinking, maybe someone is finally coming up with enough evidence to prove Bigfoots existence?

Then you see an overweight, middle-aged Moneymaker standing in a campground 100 feet from a major highway claiming that the Bull Elk grunt, Bear woof(or any other of the numerous sounds in the woods) that he just heard is proof that Bigfoot exists. Then he takes off through the woods like a OD'd Meth Freak trying to catch it.

Or they come across a deer carcass. One of the legs has a spiral break, so you proclaim, "That's how a Bigfoot kills, they chase the deer down and break it's leg so it can't run off." WHAT?! So.. then they shove a limb up it's butt and eat it like a Popsicle? How the hell does anyone know how or even if a Bigfoot kills deer? Has anyone ever seen this happen? That's not how predators kill.

Making the story fit the evidence is not research, it's playing to the crowd and making it up as you go...

If I were Jeff Meldrum , I would publicly distance myself from this "Repo Man" Reality TV crap with some type of disclaimer. As should Cliff Barackman, who in my estimation seems sincere in his passion for research, but getting caught-up in the fame and fortune hype and sucked to the bottom by Moneymaker.

Edited by D B Cooper

Or they come across a deer carcass. One of the legs has a spiral break, so you proclaim, "That's how a Bigfoot kills, they chase the deer down and break it's leg so it can't run off." WHAT?! So.. then they shove a limb up it's butt and eat it like a Popsicle? How the hell does anyone know how or even if a Bigfoot kills deer? Has anyone ever seen this happen? That's not how predators kill.

Making the story fit the evidence is not research, it's playing to the crowd and making it up as you go...

This type of extrapolation has been running rampant on this forum, of late. We have witnesses informing other witnesses they couldn't have seen what they saw, because it conflicts with what they know beyond doubt. Hey, it's still a cryptid creature, and I've serious doubts anyone knows anything much.

How can Bigfootery be harmed by the antics of individual researchers? To the general public, nuts acting nutty is normal.

Biggie is a hot commodity right now................his 15 minutes of fame so to speak. Just like the TV show of a dysfunctional family building choppers didn't hurt the biker world, this won't have any lasting effect on bigfootery.

Guest D B Cooper

How can Bigfootery be harmed by the antics of individual researchers? To the general public, nuts acting nutty is normal.

Biggie is a hot commodity right now................his 15 minutes of fame so to speak. Just like the TV show of a dysfunctional family building choppers didn't hurt the biker world, this won't have any lasting effect on bigfootery.

John,

I've ridden bikes all of my life. I've owned two Harleys and have been around bikers all of my life, R.U.B.s, week-ender's and hardcore Outlaws. With the latter, dysfunction is normal and usually expected.

I've yet to run across anyone who claims to be conducting genuine and credible "Scientific Research" punch-out their wife or kids after chugging a quart of beer out of a Pennzoil can.

In my view Moneymaker is reasserting and verifying that anyone who may believe in, or is on a quest for proof of Bigfoot's existence has to be a flake. I for one, don't want to be viewed or thought of as a "Space Cadet', simply so Moneymaker can make money, and turn the whole endeavor into a ride on the Dis-Orient Express.

I do believe his actions hurt as well as label anyone who is seriously involved in this. To the general non-believing or border-line public, it puts serious researchers like Jeff Meldrum in the same light.

As example, my friend whom I meantioned earlier. Claims to have had an irrefutable UFO experience several years ago. He is unshakeable in this belief that they exist. On the other hand, he thinks anyone who believes in Bigfoot is smoking something. He doesn't flat out deny it, but he won't believe it until he has seen reasonable cause to believe. Moneymaker's convincing him otherwise.

Claiming proof when you can't prove anything, isn't the way to convince anyone.

Edited by D B Cooper

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bucket

I've only seen a couple of episodes so far.

I don't know jack about searching for Bigfoot, but shouldn't these people try to be quiet? And perhaps wear some camo clothes?

Seems to me a better approach would be to wear a ghillie suit, sit down against a tree & just stay quiet.

Guest Crowlogic

They're not invisible or paranormal. They're simply not there anymore. Extinct like T-Rex. It's too late human's aren't going to come face to face them any more then we'll come face to face with T-Rex.

Guest Bucket

They're not invisible or paranormal. They're simply not there anymore. Extinct like T-Rex. It's too late human's aren't going to come face to face them any more then we'll come face to face with T-Rex.

And what exactly did you hope to accomplish with this post? :huh:

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

As much as I don't care for Matt, I like this show better than Monsterquest. I will also say that this crew doesn't have clue when it comes to the short game or any other method of bring the sas in close. When the sas do come in close, they're like a deer in the headlights...no idea what to do. All in all, the show's mediocre. I'd say Destination Truth puts them all to shame when they are doing their sasquatch stories.

SSR Team

I've only seen a couple of episodes so far.

I don't know jack about searching for Bigfoot, but shouldn't these people try to be quiet? And perhaps wear some camo clothes?

Seems to me a better approach would be to wear a ghillie suit, sit down against a tree & just stay quiet.

I get the feeling they'll still know you're there no matter if you wear a Ghuille Suit or a Pink Polkadot Dress..;)

MM to me, after watching a Show for the first time tonight, is just a Man that is passionate about our subject & unfortunately, as is Human Nature, not everyone's gonna agree with a lot that him & others do, but you can't knock the Man for that Subject & the exposure he's got our Subject with this Show..

• 3 months later...

Most BF groups (ie BFRO) have a dominant belief system that skews the reports that they keep or discard. How in the heck are we going to solve this mystery without having ALL of the reports as base, not just the ones that fit someone's belief of what a BF can and cannot do?

We need input from both camps, flesh and blood vs paranormal/UFO, in order to find out what is really going on. I know that most people want "proof", especially when a report flies in the face of their beliefs, but we should just be happy that there are people on BFF interested in either or both points of view. Collaboration is the key, not alienation.

Ok, been a way for a while. This is exactly how i feel.

Would my opinion be worth anything krakatoa? Yes, I am convinced that this is the Rogue Element of this mystery. Rogue because few people are willing to even consider it even though it is within a large percentage of reports. There is something to it that can't be ignored and so the goal should be to try and understand!

Bingo.........

I dont know what people expect in this field of investigation. It takes someone of extremely thick skin to even come forward after an encounter. And you have to be almost abrasive to get your point across as well. Matt M [whom I personally dont know] is a product of the the bigfoot field. I skim their forum from time to time and I too find it a bit heavily moderated for my tastes so I simply dont join. But the BFRO`s data base of encounters is pure gold IMHO. ANY exposure in the study of Sasquatch should be supported by all of us.

But HOW can the bfro database be pure gold if moneymaker is censoring what gets reported? I read the reports and im pretty sure ANY report that has any "paranormal" aspects to it, will not get posted.

Guest StankApe

Being that no paranormal activity has EVER been proven. It boggles the mind to think that Bigfoot is somehow magic. I frankly think its the silliest thing I HAVE EVER HEARD.... I know we tend to attribute wonderful powers to things that are sneaky or hard to catch (because we think we should be better at everything than an animal is) But to think that they are psychic or become invisible is just silly! It's silly!!!!! lololol It's also an awfully convenient excuse for the lack of quality photos and video isn't it?

As others have said, if it can turn invisible of fly away, well there's really no point to even look for them is there?

No ,if they exist, they are just a critter in the woods. All of this silly "Bigfoot is magic" stuff is the reason that most regular people think Bigfooters are crazy. Hey if you want to believe all of the paranormal stuff is real, that's your bidness. But i think many of the rest of us would just ask that you don't put that opinion out to the media!

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic