Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

I have saw the entire documentary. I found it interesting but ,certainly  no more convincing than others I have viewed.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:28 PM, Martin said:

Exactly how would another bigfoot show be different than Finding Bigfoot? 

As far as I can see the are working on S.O.P. for bigfooting. Maybe stay in one place for longer? As far as tech goes they had the entire FLIR truck thermo searching entire mountainsides in one swipe. I saw mice from 1/2 mile away.

What do footers propose to do differently? 

More importantly? What are they going to accomplish that Roger and Bob already have 50 YEARS AGO!?

Didn't Stacey Brown collect FLIR footage? What did that prove?

On 7/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, gigantor said:

No, the TV networks go for the lowest common denominator.

sad but true

On 7/8/2017 at 2:52 AM, gigantor said:

No.

Many flir can record as can expensive night vision, but GOOD flir is very expensive

3 hours ago, norseman said:

More importantly? What are they going to accomplish that Roger and Bob already have 50 YEARS AGO!?

1) I believe that was his dad,

2) Stacey mis identified a gator bone as big foot. So not much.

Right. Stacey and his dad got FLIR footage of a BF, but because Stacey MAY have "misidentified" a "gator bone" as something else, this means that he and his dad did NOT get FLIR footage of a BF.

Sure, that makes sense. Go with that.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Nothing

I am not convinced they collected anything  real ,so once again nothing.

Big shout-out of thanks to Leaf Talker for sharing links. Looks like they'll be absorbing. Same to Night Walker for suggesting people's studies to check out. That kind of sharing makes this Forum worthwhile, hopefully for more folks than just me. Also I plussed Hiflier for the ideas of researching via govt. agencies using FOIA, and other "radical" solutions. Using Same old methods will yield same old results, as you say.

Finding Bigfoot's methods didn't produce much but were entertaining. Now it's time for new actions. 

Id like to hear from some folks who went on Moneymaker's organized trips. What did they think? What do they suggest doing differently? Anyone out there......?

Edited by Wolfjewel
add emphasis

The quality of a FLIR image depends on the quality of the imager.  

Back in the '80s in the Army's High Technology TestBed we had thermal imagers that could resolve differences in temperature of 0.3 Celsius.  That was standard then.  And deadly.  

During the day (lots of ambient infrared) we could get pretty sharp images through foliage and other concealment.  At night it was even better.  

I had to reprimand some soldiers one day for using an imager for erotic viewing of female visitors during a family day fair.  

On 7/9/2017 at 3:10 PM, starchunk said:

sad but true

Many flir can record as can expensive night vision, but GOOD flir is very expensive

1) I believe that was his dad,

2) Stacey mis identified a gator bone as big foot. So not much.

He has a better shot of dragging in suspicious bones than showing another video to science..... Any video is and always will be of a null value.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:21 PM, LeafTalker said:

Right. Stacey and his dad got FLIR footage of a BF, but because Stacey MAY have "misidentified" a "gator bone" as something else, this means that he and his dad did NOT get FLIR footage of a BF.

Sure, that makes sense. Go with that.

Was iot CONFIRMED to be BF? No. And it's certainly a gator arm. Track record there, not so good. Need to believe doesn't equate to what really is.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, norseman said:

Confirmed? How do you confirm a FLIR image to be anything?

That was my point.

He's talking like a FLIR image is some magical confirmation of Bigfoot. A Flir is just a thermal imager, it isn't magic or perfect. Stacy Brown's track record is hardly perfect either.

"Confirmation" of Bigfoot will require PHYSICAL evidence. I.E. Bone, teeth, hair, scat, flesh, a bloody corpse....... ;)

With that said I don't see Brown's collection of a Alligator bone, having anything to do with his FLIR image.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

With that said I don't see Brown's collection of a Alligator bone, having anything to do with his FLIR image.

Did we just agree on something? Wow.

That was my point, too. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by LeafTalker

4 minutes ago, LeafTalker said:

Did we just agree on something? Wow.

That was my point, too. The two have nothing to do with each other.

I guess so? I'm not really keeping track....

People who have a bone to pick with this subject will try to attempt to slander researchers any way possible. Newsflash! We are amateurs...... We may think a Alligator or a Bear bone may look convincingly enough to be that of a Primate. I applaud anyone who is picking up suspicious physical evidence and getting it tested. Who knows?

This is not how to go about slandering his character. Why? Because hoaxers do not submit bones for study or grainy FLIR images! 

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic