Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

2 hours ago, starchunk said:

If they're manipulating the "facts" in any direction it seems they have an agenda. I say they are to be avoided.

Who?  What facts?  An agenda to .......?  Switch channels? :huh: :unsure:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Branco said:

I'm going to take a stab at this and say that 'starchunk' is talking about:

1) The BFRO is manipulating facts by suppressing aggressive BF reports (Moneymaker) ergo an agenda- or protecting species and Humans or just greed.

2) 'Finding Bigfoot' is manipulating facts by suppressing aggressive BF activity (Moneymaker) ergo an agenda- or protecting species and Humans or just greed.

IDK. I'm prolly way off what 'starchunk' meant, but I think it's at least in the ballpark?

Edited by hiflier

Thanks! Couldn't figure out what he meant. (You think that may have something to do with old age and rascality?)  :unsure:

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Branco said:

Thanks! Couldn't figure out what he meant. (You think that may have something to do with old age and rascality?)  :unsure:

Oh, Rascality fer sher :) 

1 hour ago, Yuchi1 said:

OFR!

Old Farts Rule!

Ha! You BETCHA!!

18 hours ago, Branco said:

The BFRO. They are for profit, and I think on one level that guides theirs motives more than an effort to research the phenomenon to a conclusion. Their overall reputation has been damaged by Finding Bigfoot to in my opinion. And daily Moneymaker is tweeting "facts" on twitter that are just plain silly. so....

2 hours ago, starchunk said:

The BFRO. They are for profit, and I think on one level that guides theirs motives more than an effort to research the phenomenon to a conclusion.

Thanks for the clarification. Certainly can't dispute your opinion on the "profit" angle. 

Their overall reputation has been damaged by Finding Bigfoot to in my opinion.

The BFRO's data base of sightings and actual encounters by ordinary folks is a lot more interesting to me than the show. I keep watching it though just in case Ranae has to climb a persimmon tree to keep a Bigfoot from kissing her. (I know, I know; she's the designated skeptic. Just kidding. :o)

And daily Moneymaker is tweeting "facts" on twitter that are just plain silly. so....

Well......, I don't read his "tweetings" daily - but I understand what you mean. I will have to agree though that sometimes he gets his 'factual opinions' "bass ackwards". One example is his statement that "Bigfoot follows packs of hunting coyotes to steal the prey animals they kill." (Just about strangled on whatever beverage it was that I was consuming when I heard that one.) :rolleyes:

Regards

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Branco said:

One example is his statement that "Bigfoot follows packs of hunting coyotes to steal the prey animals they kill."

Five'll getcha ten that he heard that from someone. Can't imagine that he actually witnessed such a thing.

54 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Five'll getcha ten that he heard that from someone. Can't imagine that he actually witnessed such a thing.

I don't have a clue about where or how he came to that conclusion, but  that source got its/their wires crossed some way or the other. That's not the way it works in the South/Southeast. Down here the coyotes will and do follow Bigfoot hunting groups to scavenge if the group doesn't carry off the kill. But, if any of the coyotes get in too close behind the Bigfoot when they are closing in on a prey animal, and they screw up the Bigfoot's hunt, one or more coyotes are going to be run down and killed or skinned alive. The most pitiful animal sounds I've ever heard.

The same thing happens to yard dogs that won't back off and allow a Bigfoot to forage around a residence. Notable and documented cases in AL and AR.

• Upvote 2

^^ I am in the same vote there too ^^

At first I was against the idea of turning the BFRO as a tourist guide. But then look at this differently with the fact that they were out teaching and gaining equipment.  It is very rare to have a sighting with a large group of people running around in the forest. This also goes with the program FB where they have a crew of cameras  filming . There is just no way that these creatures will ever come close and into view. But to bring exposure to the public and letting the public know that these creature are out there is a some thing that I sure do agree with him and his crew.  

• Upvote 1

Well said gigantor, plussed. This has always been my take on Matt as well, as much as I was disappointed by Finding Bigfoot when it first aired, if you were hanging around the BFRO forums at the time you'd know he was extremely disappointed as well with the direction the producers took with it. However, it was also clear from day 1 that his primary goal with the show was simply to spread awareness, and there's no doubt they've been successful on that front. 

Also agree on the BFRO reports database, I too wouldn't be here without it, and I genuinely believe it's the most important contribution to the field anyone's made.

I can forgive a fair amount of eccentricity in the guy for those reasons alone.

It depends on what one's personal goals are and whether they are aligned with the BFRO's and Moneymaker's seem to be.

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic