Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

BFF Patron
...He comes off as the Geraldo Rivera of the BF world. Big hat, no cattle.....

:P Some profiler you are......, maybe adding .....small pony and a few sheep to the end would qualify it to some.

I don't feel the field can be damaged more by this one persona, I think damage control is almost like natural selection.

Read some of the comments on some of the discussion sites such as Cryptomundo, Animal Planet and a few other

newsworthy pages. The masses seem to cut through it all to see most of it as what it is.

I'd rather see any BF show (except TB produced ones) than no BF show I suppose if they are presenting anecdotals near the

location of previous sightings in particular. I don't see the shows as research, though there are some tidbits thrown in,

more as entertainment. Some commenters state they only watch the show BECAUSE of the personality quirks of some of the characters

so that says alot.

Guest wildwoman

After reading through this post I have a quandary.

So... I'm going with psychic bigfoot at Lilydale NY. Readings at 3:00, 5:00 and at the stump.

Invisiblity lessons at the Xaviers School at the Westchester Mansion.

Phew, much better now. ;)

post-50-027893200 1309030510_thumb.jpg

Guest tracker

What do we expect from people who try to make a living or become famous from Squatching? They are in for the wrong reasons so they will never have credibility or respect or at least not mine.

JMO tracker dry.gif

Guest themanta

Ok, im obviously new to this forum, and hope i didnt break any rules with my thread title, but its important for me to state how i feel about a person who is obviously big in the bigfoot research community. Me personally, ive researched this topic since i was in middle school, im now 46 years old, so i got over 30 years into this thing. Im NOT a field observer, just a researcher thru books, footage, comparative science, etc. I have a background in many different subjects and have a gift for tying things together that seem to come from very different roots.

Ok, now on to the subject matter. I used to frequent BFRO, run by Matt very frequently. I still go there from time to time to read the latest reports. I joined his forum over there, and made a post about what i truly feel is what bigfoot is all about, and got slammed by Matt as being PARANORMAL, and that he DOESNT APPROVE or broach anything PARANORMAL. I laughed because BIGFOOT ITSELF is paranormal (outside the norm) whether he says so or not. Paranormal doesnt mean ghosts, etc. means OUTSIDE the norm........ Now, this stance he takes, he is trying, like MOST bigfoot researchers, to make bigfoot FIT into a distance or side relative to humans..... They want to stake claim to finding a MISSING LINK that is walking around in the forest, and refuse to broach anything that is metaphysical in any way. They keep missing or IGNORING the obvious: These beings, even though they are very stealthy, obviously have abilities that are PARANORMAL in the sense that they can become invisible, they have telepathic powers, etc. etc. This is WHY its hard to interact with these beings and FIND one so to speak. I have seen numerous video clips, where these beings disappear in the clip ( the Freeman clip is a perfect example).

In closing, Matt has a lot of influence, and even more now that he has the reality show, and i feel its hurting more than anything, because he refuses to open up to anything. I trully feel that HE HIMSELF doesnt believe in "bigfoot", that bigfoot is got to me a hairy human that he has to prove exists, but hairy human is not the end all of this subject. Anyway, hope i havent offended anyone, ill make more posts on the subject, not moneymaker, but bigfoot, lol...........

You say Paranormaly things as if they were fact. prove it................

Guest themanta

What do we expect from people who try to make a living or become famous from Squatching? They are in for the wrong reasons so they will never have credibility or respect or at least not mine.

JMO tracker dry.gif

yep, some even come here. they know who they are to.

Guest LittleFeat

You say Paranormaly things as if they were fact. prove it................

JMHO:

We need input from both camps, flesh and blood vs paranormal/UFO, in order to find out what is really going on. I know that most people want "proof", especially when a report flies in the face of their beliefs, but we should just be happy that there are people on BFF interested in either or both points of view. Collaboration is the key, not alienation.

Are there other psychic animal species? Clouded leopards, maybe, because of their legendary stealth?

Nope. The mythification of bigfoot continues.

The Death Owl. Lots of other ghostly like stories that either portend disaster or are thought to be lucky depending on the culture. Oddly enough, there is an association with bigfoot and the owl hoots they are supposed to make to communicate. That's just a paranormal coincidence, I'm sure. :lol:

A bit off topic... maybe....

dedicate your time to largely gratis BF research.

All this by way of saying... wonder if the smart folks here could come up with an economically viable, less sensationalistic way of actually funding BF research to some degree. I have no idea how much money one would have to raise... and how one would raise it without hucksterism and the like. Obviously, the "how much" would depend on what one would want to fund - how many people, full or part time, what kind of equipment, what kind of research one would propose. How would you do it - solicit donations, "sell" memberships (newsletter, a path, etc? *S*)? This is one reason I don't just turn up my nose at the BFRO and MM... the execution may not be 'spot on', but i can't argue with the general approach. If you want to track down BF, you are either going to have to have some very lucky volunteers, OR find a way to get some money into the game.

Shadow

Bigfoot cookies- That's how I would do it. It worked for the girl scouts.

http://www.walletpop.com/2010/02/06/girl-scout-cookies-by-the-numbers-just-where-do-all-those-dolla/

Guest krakatoa

Still waiting for a link to a scientific study proving ants are psychic.

Far too many people seem to subscribe to the school of thought that if they read it somewhere on the internet, it must be true. Nothing wrong with being the trusting sort. It can tend to leave you w/ your foot in your mouth though.

We need input from both camps, flesh and blood vs paranormal/UFO, in order to find out what is really going on. I know that most people want "proof", especially when a report flies in the face of their beliefs, but we should just be happy that there are people on BFF interested in either or both points of view. Collaboration is the key, not alienation.

Do tell. What sorts of input from "psychic invisible shapeshifting bigfoots from Mars" believers do you imagine could be helpful?

Really, I'd like a for instance.

Finally I'm back on line. Been without telephone or internet connection since my prior post yesterday morning. Thanks for the encouragement re my position. MM is making his own bed me thinks.

Rod, your thread over there was one thing, but to question their decision, well the Admins needed to put you in your place. You There is no other way over there. Rational thought does not matter. Besides, MM needed to be able to make his own comment on the final outcome of the Sanger evidence. See post #2.

And re your not being able to go to their forum anymore. Yes that's part of their punishment to you for speaking your mind. How dare you, you should know better. You are not worthy! angry.gif lol Anyway just go into your cookies and remove anything that is labeled BFRO or its full name and you should be able to go back there to read the mind control results.

Wudewasa said: Yes, he created a database of purported bigfoot reports, organized field research crews and markets his organization well. He can gather and motivate people with or without the use of a bullhorn. Yet his personality eventually shines through. Some can tolerate/embrace it, while others can't.

Actually it is my understanding that Henry Franzoni first created the bfro database and website. I can't find Henry's reference to it right now but he was the tech brain for bfro back then. He recently apologized to the world at the Oregon Symposium for what he inadvertently helped create. laugh.gif That's the truth too!

If the general consensus on Bigfoot was that it was able to go poof and become invisible, I would have much less interest in the subject than I do now.

My personal opinion of MM and his methods aside, I agree that he is wise to avoid the 'paranormal' aspects surrounding the subject.

That's my thinking on the 'paranormal/supernatural' matter, too, Pattywagon.

I think the question of the 'paranormal abilities' of Bigfoot is a meaningless question....because, if Bigfoot has the ability to simply 'disappear', at will...then there is no longer any reason to go searching for it. You'd never be able to 'catch one', no matter how you tried to do it. It would have the ultimate advantage...

"That's one small step for a Sasquatch... :blink: ...one IMPOSSIBLE LEAP...for mankind"... :unsure:

My interest in Bigfoot is purely on the physical level...I'm concerned that if they do exist, they are most likely on a road to extinction...at some point. And if Bigfoot has 'supernatural' abilities...then I'm not too worried about it's chances for survival. It can take care of itself.

Regarding MM 'hurting the Bigfoot Field'....I think it's more a matter of Bigfoot hurting the field, more than any one particular person. If somebody could actually obtain Proof of their existence...the world of Bigfootery would get a huge lift... ;)

I guarantee it.

Edited by SweatyYeti

Still waiting for a link to a scientific study proving ants are psychic.

Far too many people seem to subscribe to the school of thought that if they read it somewhere on the internet, it must be true. Nothing wrong with being the trusting sort. It can tend to leave you w/ your foot in your mouth though.

Do tell. What sorts of input from "psychic invisible shapeshifting bigfoots from Mars" believers do you imagine could be helpful?

Really, I'd like a for instance.

Would my opinion be worth anything krakatoa? Yes, I am convinced that this is the Rogue Element of this mystery. Rogue because few people are willing to even consider it even though it is within a large percentage of reports. There is something to it that can't be ignored and so the goal should be to try and understand!

IMO he is not hurting the research field at all! I applaud the producers for handling it the way they have. It reflects exactly the state and style of research that 99% of the self proclaimed "researchers" practice. They enter the woods with a preconceived notion of what's out there and then everything they hear and see is Bigfoot it's that simple. The majority of hunters, hikers, or campers, you talk to will laugh at the thought of Bigfoot. Why because they are out there and may have had some odd experiences but they haven't made up their minds one way or the other. But most Bigfoot researchers have made up their minds and guess what they find every time Bigfoot he's everywhere!

His show is what got me interested in learning more about the bigfoot phenomenon. I love to speculate the plausibility of some unknown monstrous creature that is still out there waiting to be found. So, when I saw the previews of the show I knew I was going to turn in. After I finally watched the actual episode, I found the show to be more revealing about the psyche of man than the whereabouts of some hairy creature. I was so hooked that I went looking for bigfoot forums to learn more about what's going on in this field and compared to some of the theories I've read the cast's behavior seemed to be only the tip of the iceberg. I have to agree with Cervelo, it seems that some people are so convinced that they see evidence of bigfoot in everything. It is really amazing from a psychological point of view.

Anyway, if the show got me interested in the subject I'm sure it peaked the curiosities of others too. If that's a good or bad thing I don't know. Then again they say any publicity is good publicity.

Guest ShadowPrime

Sweaty Yeti -

Think you have pegged the biggest "problem" with those who argue that Bigfoot has supernatural abilities... that it can turn invisible, shapeshift, teleport, leave footprints when it wants to/not leave footprints when it doesn't want to, block efforts to be photographed when it chooses to, etc. Ultimately, this removes BF from the field of scientific research, from pragmatic evaluation. There is nothing you can find or observe that can't be fitted into this model. If I argue that BF is a living, breathing, mammal, there are certain basic things that follow, certain basic physical rules that apply (just as they apply to any other animal on the planet!). If I assert that BF is a supernatural being of almost limitless capablities...well...

Shadow

I don't think MM is really hurting the "field". I appreciate his enthusiasm. I think he is genuinely trying to do something positive. He put together a pretty good crew for his bigfoot show even though I think they made it kind of for kids and not really serious with all the untruths added by editing. Frankly, I don't mind much when things like Harry and Hendersons make this subject seem more like some kind of fairytale. It separates the men from the boys in who is able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I guess I lack sensitivity in what people think of me as far as my understanding of the nature of the universe goes. MM certainly could control his temper better at times but that is something that could certainly be said about me and most people. I have no reason to hold a grudge.

• masterbarber pinned this topic
  • masterbarber unpinned this topic