How dangerous is it to be BiGFooting alone?

RedHawk454

I don't think they need to know the details of just how screwed up we've become even to each other. The war between Homo sapiens and all other human species has been going on for a couple hundred thousand years. Their relationships with brown bears can't be any better.

Their relationships with wolves and black bears fascinates me. They must tolerate black bears very well. Their range seems to overlap perfectly. Not wolves. By all accounts they hate canines, yet wolves were the first wild animals domesticated by Homo sapiens. Why do we get along with canines so well and they don't?

BFF Patron

Big Tex's wolf seems to get along with the BF in his research area.   Depends on the wolf.   He says it runs off and is gone a while and comes back like it has been playing with someone.   

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

Ask a rancher that is loosing cattle what is wrong with wolves.   Or ask the guy in Canada that was just dragged out of his tent by a wolf.  

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Big Tex's wolf seems to get along with the BF in his research area.   Depends on the wolf.   He says it runs off and is gone a while and comes back like it has been playing with someone.   

Right.

There was a fascinating documentary I watched (and DVR'd) several months ago called "Fear Island" which talks about the bears of Kooznoowoo Island.  They claim they are the largest bears since the Ice Age.  Wolves are endemic to the archipelago in which Kooznoowoo resides but the wolves no longer exist on that island. They were wiped out by the bears. 

21 hours ago, Huntster said:

I don't think they need to know the details of just how screwed up we've become even to each other. The war between Homo sapiens and all other human species has been going on for a couple hundred thousand years. Their relationships with brown bears can't be any better.

Their relationships with wolves and black bears fascinates me. They must tolerate black bears very well. Their range seems to overlap perfectly. Not wolves. By all accounts they hate canines, yet wolves were the first wild animals domesticated by Homo sapiens. Why do we get along with canines so well and they don't?

Good question. Many times humans and their dogs make a good survival team. As you stated, canines get along with humans and not bigfoot. Why? A theory,  "Are canines such as wolves or dogs a danger to an unprotected BF family. There are many reports of family dogs disappearing from human families living in the woods. The dogs simply disappear.  

The question is are bigfoots dangerous. Those who blindly stumble too close to bigfoot's den may disappear. Maybe someone can list the signs of bigfoot's family territory.  

BFF Patron

Many dogs will attack anything.    I cannot see a BF tolerating a big dog nipping at its legs.   Without modern treatments a dog bite might turn deadly for a BF in its natural environment state.   

9 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Many dogs will attack anything..........

That is the argument of skeptics when the tendencies of hunting dogs, trained to chase men, cougars, or black bears, supposedly cower and refuse to follow sasquatch tracks. Such claims I find suspicious, but plausible. But I maintain that dogs could be trained to chase down a sasquatch. One question to consider is what would happen when they caught up to it? Would it climb a tree like a black bear or cougar? I kinda' doubt it. That is why some study on Russian hunting dogs trained to hunt brown bears would be needed. Such dogs would have to be pretty remarkable to put a brown bear in a corner and hold him there. I've watched a pack of wolves surrounding a grizzly on a carcass that the bear commandeered from the wolves. They didn't harass the bear directly, at least while I was there. I think I remember several wolves there, too.

BFF Patron
4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

That is the argument of skeptics when the tendencies of hunting dogs, trained to chase men, cougars, or black bears, supposedly cower and refuse to follow sasquatch tracks. Such claims I find suspicious, but plausible. But I maintain that dogs could be trained to chase down a sasquatch. One question to consider is what would happen when they caught up to it? Would it climb a tree like a black bear or cougar? I kinda' doubt it. That is why some study on Russian hunting dogs trained to hunt brown bears would be needed. Such dogs would have to be pretty remarkable to put a brown bear in a corner and hold him there. I've watched a pack of wolves surrounding a grizzly on a carcass that the bear commandeered from the wolves. They didn't harass the bear directly, at least while I was there. I think I remember several wolves there, too.

Ideally for the dogs sake it should be trained to corner the BF but not get close enough to get hurt.   Not sure how you do that but dogs that hunt down brown bears would be a good choice.   Stories I have read usually have the dog picked up and thrown against a tree or something.    I suppose you find the biggest guy you can and dress him up in a BF suit to train the dogs,  just like police dogs are trained to behave certain ways.  

3 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Ideally for the dogs sake it should be trained to corner the BF but not get close enough to get hurt.   Not sure how you do that but dogs that hunt down brown bears would be a good choice.........

I'm pretty confident the Russians lost dogs to brown bears on occasion. I suspect such hunting is no longer practiced or legal there, but I could be wrong, especially in former Soviet Republics like the 'stans.

I suppose you find the biggest guy you can and dress him up in a BF suit to train the dogs,  just like police dogs are trained to behave certain ways.

I think the most difficult training aspect would be first to find somewhat fresh sasquatch scent to follow, then convince the dogs to follow it. Then, hopefully, their natural tendency to chase as a pack might take over.

The Russian bear dogs appear to require a lot of dog food = big turd..  Transporting them would require a lot of space.  Anyone have experience with Karelian bear dogs or Samoyed dogs?

Comments have been posted about training with scents and costumes. How about a dog that recognizes 'strangers' as targets and pursues?  Scent detection first prior to visual,  has the discussion of enthusiastic pursuit or run and hide / cower. The dog that hides ( mammalian self preservation tactic ) lives to bark another day.

How about the opposite of pursuit?  Take a horse(s).  Worked for Roger and Bob but I don't know which way the air was moving at Bluff Creek.  Would Sasquatch follow the scent of a horse to observe the horse? Forget the puny humans. All animals watch horses.

Years ago, I tried a frozen block of water, horse hair and horse blanket fibers. This was an area that I had been previously busted due to trail cams. It was a novel idea until hiking uphill with a block of ice became less fun. Suspended about 10' above the ground, dripped more in daytime than night.  The black bears  went crazy. I felt that the scent could be better. Horse items purchased from ebay and craigslist are washed.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

"Over time, stories about Bigfoot have entered into oral tradition and become part of regional folklore. The historical record of Bigfoot in the Oregon country begins in 1904 with sightings of a hairy “wild man” by settlers in the Sixes River area in the Coast Range; similar accounts by miners and hunters followed in later decades."   https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/bigfoot_sasquatch_legend/#.XVnvNuNKiM8

There is a more detailed Sixes River account of a BF watching the small mining camp in the mountains where the Sixes River is located in southern Oregon. It's south of Coos Bay just north of Port Orford. A book that I read on the miner's accounts told of a hound hunter losing his best dogs that chased bigfoot. Earlier a miner was discovered bashed in near his mine. There are reports still coming from this area. One of my experiences happened in a remote Sixes River park late one night. But as with dogs, bigfoot probably hates them due to natural instincts to avoid wolves in a pack. A large pack could really damage BF.

What signs should one look for to warn about getting too close to a bigfoot den and immediate area. Could this **** a BF off to the point of a fatal attack?

6 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

The Russian bear dogs appear to require a lot of dog food = big turd..  Transporting them would require a lot of space........

After watching and dealing with dog mushers around here, there is no way in Hell I'd build a kennel if dogs........for any reason. But I still think that if you're actually going to hunt sasquatches, bear hunting dogs might be the ticket.

But mushers have neat "boxes" they build to transport their sled dogs.

E14B4AB2-B4C0-45A3-8F28-A4E657044319.jpeg

20 hours ago, georgerm said:

What signs should one look for to warn about getting too close to a bigfoot den and immediate area. Could this **** a BF off to the point of a fatal attack?

No.   I'm not aware of any credible account coming out of the Pac NW of a bigfoot killing someone because it was pissed off.    That's a mis-characterization of the bigfoot's motivation.    The only seemingly credible accounts I'm aware of are of predation.    I don't eat a hamburger because I'm pissed that it invaded my territory.  I eat it because it I was hungry and it was there.    Same thing.   Suggesting anger in any form is an unreasonable stretch.

MIB

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic