How dangerous is it to be BiGFooting alone?

RedHawk454

On 10/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, NathanFooter said:

Just a sorta kinda update,  I now have acquired the DJI Inspire 2 drone system that I will use in conjunction with my FLIR Vue Pro R 640.  I will be able to rapidly respond to a situation should an animal approach my location as well as use this system to passively scan an area for thermal targets.

Funny military jargon, what is meant by "respond"? Trying for video? Perhaps this might go in "In the Field".

Edited by JKH

On 9/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, norseman said:

My wives family were big time mushers. They put on the Priest Lake sled dog race for years.

Houndsmen do it differently.

Just one hold for all the dogs and a strike platform on top.

A3948A20-CB71-47F1-B011-BE8FA0211F5C.gif

Plott Hounds are considered best for bear.

Norseman, sometimes good bear dogs get the worst end of bigfoot. There is a report that originated from a remote gold mining group of miners that were being bothered by a sasquatch. One miner was found with his skull crushed since he may have shot at it. They brought in a hound man to sick on the bigfoot. The dogs caught up with bigfoot but the creature tore up the dogs and killed some before the hunter got there. He was devastated when he realized his best dogs were killed and promptly left the area. I've been close to this area on the Sixes River in Oregon and it's a hike in only spot.    

Here is the BF report from this area:      

Bigfoot Encounters

Thompson's Flat, Sixes River, Oregon 

Stan Sweet, a teacher in North Bend, Oregon wrote to ask if there were any recent reports around a place called Thompson Flat, on the Sixes River, on Oregon's south coast? This is a very remote spot, between Powers, Myrtle Point, and Sixes, Oregon.

According to local legend, the place was a mining town in the 1800s, but the inhabitants were terrorized by a "wildman." 

Slowly the town's people left the remote site, not wanting to deal with the strange, hairy creature(s) living there. Until quite recently, an old prospector lived there. I had a chance to speak with him once and he described seeing a creature fitting the Bigfoot description on a number of occasions. Stan Sweet

[The Coos Bay Historical Society has a couple of documents containing information on the Bigfoot that terrorized the Thompson Flat area:

"In the old days, after all the miners had been run off by the wildman, one brave miner decided to stay. ...Some time later they found him at his sluce box with his head bashed in by a bloody rock, which was still lying nearby." At the time, the old miner was the only living soul in the area."

Yes, I was lucky to just find a rock on a stump while the creature took salmon next to the stump. I was in the tent laying on stomach and my head facing toward the fire while the creature was walking around. Yes,I had my .45 in my hand  and it was loaded but I was scared to rip my tent open to see where the creature was. As soon as I heard Dave Mann and Jim Sherwood come back from the creek I popped out of the tent. That is when I saw the rock that the creature left on the stump. That is when I knew that I did the right thing and lived to survive that night .

I just know not to mess with them and that rock was not to be used to crack nutshells. It was meant to be used to defend it self or to smash some skulls or bones.

BFF Patron

Caught one of those on trailcam the other day myself for the first time (still copying over pictures), have heard their cries but never face to face, nor do I want that event to occur. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, JKH said:

Funny military jargon, what is meant by "respond"? Trying for video? Perhaps this might go in "In the Field".

I admit, I managed to post in the incorrect area as I was bouncing between this thread and the High End Gear thread in separate tabs. The admin's can move the post there if they wish.

I will be able to rapidly close distance ( much fast than on foot ) on a target that may be at a great terrain advantage or over distance.   If an event such as a vocalization occurs from up or down slope then a great deal of time is lost negotiating a plan to approach or gain visibility. The drone can be sent out in a matter of seconds to obtain thermal footage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, JKH said:

First responders? Are not military...

On 8/19/2019 at 3:24 PM, MIB said:

No.   I'm not aware of any credible account coming out of the Pac NW of a bigfoot killing someone because it was pissed off.    That's a mis-characterization of the bigfoot's motivation.    The only seemingly credible accounts I'm aware of are of predation.    I don't eat a hamburger because I'm pissed that it invaded my territory.  I eat it because it I was hungry and it was there.    Same thing.   Suggesting anger in any form is an unreasonable stretch.

MIB

I read Terror in the woods by William Sheehan

there was one encounter in the PNW, I want to say South of Mt. Rainier.  

some guys went off the beaten path with their ATV’s.  They camped for a few nights.  One night they all got really drunk.  One of them passed out sitting on his Atv overnight..  The next morning they couldn’t find him. A SAR was started, and they couldn’t find him.  Apparently though they found a motorcycle glove with a hand in it, as if the hand was ripped off.  One of the surviving members of that group was told about it by a sheriff who participated in the SAR.  The sherif said it was probably a Sasquatch that ripped the hand off.

im not  saying that that particular case was the result of the ApE, but it does make me wonder.

Edited by RedHawk454

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

A spooky story, nothing more. Supply an official report, or it's merely a story.

I know the story sounds a little Missing 411’y and a little Sasquatch chronicles’Y

I had to look up the missing person case in WA in the book.  It is word Of mouth for sure.

Why do you say it is a little Missing 411 like?  Can you name a case in any of his books (or movies) where the person was found with missing body parts or only body parts were found??

Here is a possible missing 411 case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/19/us/skeleton-found-mount-williamson.html

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Why do you say it is a little Missing 411 like?  Can you name a case in any of his books (or movies) where the person was found with missing body parts or only body parts were found??

I have only listened to podcast so I cannot give you specific cases, but the answer is yes.

I found bones this summer under a tarp in the woods. I called the Troopers, who came to the scene (along with a federal LEO from the nearby federal wildlife refuge), and they believe it was likely a poached Dall sheep or mountain goat due to the number of rib bones.

A skeleton was found by firemen in the scrub of northern LA county yesterday while they were fighting a wildfire.

There are dead people all over out there to be found.

Found another report that thinks the bones are from a WWII local Japanese prisoner that was allowed to hike in to the mountains for a painting and got caught in a snow storm.  Yes, there are lots and lots of bones out there.  

the person was found with missing body parts or only body parts were found

9 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Here is a possible missing 411 case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/19/us/skeleton-found-mount-williamson.html

I have only listened to podcast so I cannot give you specific cases, but the answer is yes.

The answer is yes to what? You're confusing me.

I was responding to RedHawk's post above about a case where only a hand was found. I'm asking if anyone is aware of a case David Paulides has presented in his book series where a body was torn apart and only a body part was found.  if so, what book and which case.

Edited by wiiawiwb

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic