How dangerous is it to be BiGFooting alone?

RedHawk454

17 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Why do you say it is a little Missing 411 like?  Can you name a case in any of his books (or movies) where the person was found with missing body parts or only body parts were found??

There is one where they found the missing persons boots placed neatly side by side next to a log with his feet in them.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:36 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Why do you say it is a little Missing 411 like?  Can you name a case in any of his books (or movies) where the person was found with missing body parts or only body parts were found??

I think in missing 411 there were some bodies found pronated on the ground in a place previously searched.

william Sheehan has written four books (I think) called BiGfoot Terror in the woods sightings and encounters. 

His stories are interesting but some of them are out there and I don’t know where he gets these stories from.  He was on Sasquatch chronicles once talking about a hunter in Tennessee that was bow hunting in a 20’ tree stand.  Apparently, a Sasquatch reached up and gently grabbed the hunters left ankle.  20’ in the air.  And this hunter claims the Sasquatch was still standing on the ground. 

Edited by RedHawk454

On 10/28/2019 at 12:08 AM, 7.62 said:

There is one where they found the missing persons boots placed neatly side by side next to a log with his feet in them.

What Missing 411 case was this?

BFF Patron
On 10/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, RedHawk454 said:

I think in missing 411 there were some bodies found pronated on the ground in a place previously searched.

william Sheehan has written four books (I think) called BiGfoot Terror in the woods sightings and encounters. 

His stories are interesting but some of them are out there and I don’t know where he gets these stories from.  He was on Sasquatch chronicles once talking about a hunter in Tennessee that was bow hunting in a 20’ tree stand.  Apparently, a Sasquatch reached up and gently grabbed the hunters left ankle.  20’ in the air.  And this hunter claims the Sasquatch was still standing on the ground. 

A tree stand is probably measured from the seat to the ground.      So with a 20 foot stand the hunters feet would be about 17 feet.       I would think a 10 foot BF could reach up to  17 feet because their arms are proportionally longer than ours.   Of course if something grabbed my ankle and surprised me like that,   I doubt that I would even think to look or care if the thing was standing on the ground or had climbed the stand.  

I  measure the footrest or bottom of the stand to the ground. 20' is the minimum for me baiting bears in Alaska. I've had 9' bears standing under me on two legs reaching up and looking me in the eye, then shaking the tree, and frankly, I didn't like being there at all, and that was with a 338 WinMag in my hands and a holstered 44 mag. It was downright scary.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What Missing 411 case was this?

I have his 6 series of books that I bought a few years ago and it's one of the cases in the book.It's over 2000 pages  of reading and I would have to go over every book

because I don't even remember which book it was 

Edited by 7.62

I remember the case where two boots were found neatly aligned next to each other and the body was found across the gorge ~8 miles away at another location, but I have no memory of any 411 case where body part was found inside a boot.

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I remember the case where two boots were found neatly aligned next to each other and the body was found across the gorge ~8 miles away at another location, but I have no memory of any 411 case where body part was found inside a boot.

That suggests hypothermia and I believe that situation was in the lost hunters video.    Seems like the body was found within sight of a rural house.  Did the hunter make a fire,  remove boots to thaw out frozen toes, then something happened where he did not put them back on.    BF has been known to try to save people, especially children.    Was this hypothermic hunter picked up,  transported 8 miles and put down within sight of a rural house, only to be so out of it that he could not make it to the house?    That is so far out that it was not even suggested in the 411 series.  

I got back from solo camping off FR#663 in the San Juan National Forest.  It’s quite peaceful, nothing BiGFo0Ty

i climbed to the top of V rock, and looked for a Sasquatch down below in the boulder field.  I didn’t see any thing 

B7546AFA-F4D9-4729-AD9E-52ECDF205A99.jpeg

E1E3CD4E-0998-4B9F-BE68-33983DB4B261.jpeg

438C8A05-A94C-494E-BB85-608F798C44D3.jpeg

D6474FD8-0A0B-4F95-AA51-4747ACCC976F.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Beautiful country Redhawk, thanks for sharing. What knife is that?

it’s a TOPS outpost command, it’s one of my fav knives.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, RedHawk454 said:

I got back from solo camping off FR#663 in the San Juan National Forest.  It’s quite peaceful, nothing BiGFo0Ty

i climbed to the top of V rock, and looked for a Sasquatch down below in the boulder field.  I didn’t see any thing 

B7546AFA-F4D9-4729-AD9E-52ECDF205A99.jpeg

E1E3CD4E-0998-4B9F-BE68-33983DB4B261.jpeg

438C8A05-A94C-494E-BB85-608F798C44D3.jpeg

D6474FD8-0A0B-4F95-AA51-4747ACCC976F.jpeg

Man...that makes me miss Colorado.

• 5 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, RedHawk454 said:

I don’t discount the paranormal/super natural/ occult or Sasquatch aspect of Missing 411.

I watched hunt for the skinwalker on netflix.  It’s a documentary about skinwalker ranch starring George Knapp.  It’s pretty good.  I believe it.  

Wierd supernatural/paranormal things likely do happen in the woods.

But the whole “let the readers figure it out” mentality gets old.  It’s fine for the first two years or so but after a while it may actually hurt his credibility.  He won’t even say or suggest that maybe Sasquatch is responsible for some of the disappearances despite everyone knowing he’s a Bigfooter.

After a few years it becomes easier for me to call a spade a spade but I do still give him the benefit of the doubt.  

He’s got a bunch of grown men afraid of their own shadows when being out in the woods alone because of his series.  And the fear could all be warranted but his vagueness is getting suspect.

but I would say a small percentage of the missing 411 cases are done by Sasquatch with the bulk of the missing 411 cases being alien/ufo abductions.  

I dont understand the argument for Paulides NEEDING to have a theory as to what it is that is responsible.   I cant follow the logic of him not being credible for not offering an explanation.    Why is he not credible?  I see  him as not jumping to conclusions without evidence.  If evidence does not lead to an straightforward conclusion it is wrong to offer one.  I think that is respectable.  Being an author who reports on strange disappearances does not require having a theory about what it is.  Why should it?

• Upvote 3

And too, not every hunter or person that goes out into the woods is an experienced survivalist. SOME experienced people are 411's. But not all. The number of people that go missing is real. But not all were perhaps good candidates for the experience?

• gigantor featured this topic

The amount of people who go out into the woods without the slightest preparation or knowledge of the basics of survival is shockingly high.  

If anything, Paulides' advice on going hiking (not going alone, carry a firearm, have a PLB) will hopefully resonate with some of the people who read his work.  He has fleshed this advice out lately to include survival blankets, matches, energy bars, etc.  

We were in the Chattahoochee/Nantahala area (I think) one time, several miles in, when we started hearing something big moving through the deep brush.  We started hearing what sounded like mumbling, so we obviously go on alert and stop.  

Out of the brush stumbles a couple, scratched all up and arguing with each other.  The woman was wearing some sort of Lycra workout clothing and at least had tennis shoes. No pack or anything.  The guy had some sort of man purse with him, but no visible water and was wearing some sort of flip flop type of footwear. 

We kind of all just looked at each other for a second, and then the guy kind of rudely asked where a particular trailhead parking lot was at.  My girlfriend was more familiar with the general area than I was, so she told them that it was about 12.5 miles away.  There were a few turns that they would have to make on the trails, but as she tried to explain the directions to the guy he rudely said something like "FINE! I GOT IT!" and started to walk away.  

I tried to ask if they needed help...food or water or something...but he turned around and goes "I SAID THAT I GOT IT GOD#@&$#!!!".  Off they went down the trail arguing the whole way.

The impression that I got was that the guy took his girlfriend out for a day hike that turned into more than he bargained for, they started arguing about it, and he wouldn't admit that he was in over his head.

As the walked away I told my girlfriend to remind me to check the news to see if there was a story about missing hikers when we got home.  We marked the location that we saw them on our GPS and went on our way.  Near the parking area at the main trailhead there is a box to drop hiking information cards into detailing the time of your hike etc.  We stopped by there the next day and filled out an index card detailing the interaction, description of the couple, location/time etc.  Put our numbers on there in case anyone needed to talk with is if there was a couple reported missing.  Never heard anything so I guess they eventually made it out.  

Maybe certain people need a little fear if not respect for the woods drilled into them.  

• Upvote 3

• gigantor unfeatured this topic