It's time

Guest Yetie9

3 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

I can’t believe people spend 300-500 $ to go camp in a national forest or national park.  If you have camping gear and a vehicle, you can do that on your own or with a group of friends for the cost of gas, food money, and your time.

im assuming most Sasquatch researchers and armchair YouTube Sasquatch researchers have camp gear and a vehicle though.

Thats a lot of money to spend to go camp at the end of the day.  

You provided some good tips on BiGFo0Ting but all that info can be found on YouTube.

$300-500 for a good guide plus equipment is a bargain.  Especially if you are an east coaster that doesnt want to hump out 100+ pounds of gear across the country.  If you have a friendly encounter with a BF that would simply be a bonus.  I have spent more for whitewater guides (worth their weight in gold in Class V rapids) and hiking in Yellowstone and Yosemite.  Our Yellowstone guide was amazing as he could spot a wolf or bear at distances that were just a speck to my eyes.  Yosemite not so much, but he did sherpa my wife up a climb when the rest of us were barely able to get ourselves to the top.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, norseman said:

But yet Bigfoot tells them telepathically X,Y or Z and you are to accept that as fact

Norseman

This I have a problem with since I personally have experienced this while on my stand twice. How can I deny some thing that I have had an encounter with. Some thing that I just cannot explain with out it being in some paranormal state. Either they were these creatures or they were some other entity I cannot explain that loves to eat deer raw. I can understand why you gave this explanation and  I even tried to test it with a fail that I explained to MIB.  But that did not explain what took place when I was hunting and I am still trying to figure that out. I have not tried to duplicate it yet since I am letting two years go by before I try again.If they are there and they know me then it should work again and I am sure their memory is good. But this time it will be in a different area .  I put this out there to see what others have found about these creatures.

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........But the fact that the BFRO is running a guided expedition business in on Federal Land without the the necessary permits is what troubles me.     In Washington State a guide has to be licensed from the state too.        Some of this is so the guides know the law and what their responsibilities are to the client.  BFRO expedition members have been directed to lie to Forest Rangers and say it is a family reunion when asked what is going on.    

Has anyone running a commercial expedition searching for Bigfoot ever gotten a permit from government to do so? If so, have said permits had stipulations, like "no shooting the bigfoots"? If government issues such a permit, does that indirectly admit that bigfeet exist? If I organized a commercial expedition to search for trolls under dead logs in a national forest, and applied for a permit, would it be issued? If not, why not?

39 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

$300-500 for a good guide plus equipment is a bargain.  Especially if you are an east coaster that doesnt want to hump out 100+ pounds of gear across the country.  If you have a friendly encounter with a BF that would simply be a bonus.  I have spent more for whitewater guides (worth their weight in gold in Class V rapids) and hiking in Yellowstone and Yosemite.  Our Yellowstone guide was amazing as he could spot a wolf or bear at distances that were just a speck to my eyes.  Yosemite not so much, but he did sherpa my wife up a climb when the rest of us were barely able to get ourselves to the top.

A 1 day halibut charter fishing trip in Alaska for one person costs $350 now. I write that to both point out that the BFRO charge for a guided camping trip is not a bad price, and the cost of a halibut charter in Alaska is a rip off. This past spring I paid $95 for a tuna/dorado charter out of Dana Point, California (the entire boat got skunked, but they burned up just as much fuel as an Alaska boat does chasing halibut).

I didn't intend to offend anyone but I'm glad this started a good conversation.   I'm just asking that folks here or anywhere that have so many stories of continued interactions, yes habituation, or any other solid evidence  be shared.  I wholehartedly think the PGF is probably the best evidence so far but as I read more and more there seems to be additional solid evidence.    

In missing  a good set of tracks when I switched phones, some when I didn't have a way to record etc.   I will post now what I have on my phone camera.   Its not much but I'm willing to out it out there.   Ill share backstories to the pics.  Its time to show what you have.

IMG_0073.thumb.jpg.4524dad136b2a91b8feb54d5fa7b5f83.jpgIMG_0073.thumb.jpg.4524dad136b2a91b8feb54d5fa7b5f83.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

23 hours ago, Huntster said:

Do you think you had any sasquatch experiences on your trip?

22 hours ago, norseman said:

How do you know there is no hoaxing? 

Addressing both questions ... no.   And that's why I say there was no hoaxing.    There was nothing solid-seeming experienced and nothing solid-seeming claimed.   There were interesting things heard, but consensus was it was humans.  

22 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

MIB, are there any other sasquatch groups within driving distance for you to join and go on outings?

I am a member of another group but they've quit doing trips.   If such an event were to happen, I'd likely have to be the one to organize it.   I co-hosted the last organized group event.  I don't think I want to do it again.

9 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I work for the BFRO and

Thumbs up.  Exactly.   You know the organizers of the trip I was on and you know some of the attendees / assistants who came along.   Rock solid people, not BSers or hoaxers, kind of offensive to hear it suggested.  I can't speak to the past, only to what I've experienced.   

MIB

I didn't intend to offend anyone but I'm glad this started a good conversation.   I'm just asking that folks here or anywhere that have so many stories of continued interactions, yes habituation, or any other solid evidence  be shared.  I wholehartedly think the PGF is probably the best evidence so far but as I read more and more there seems to be additional solid evidence.    

In missing  a good set of tracks when I switched phones, some when I didn't have a way to record etc.   I will post now what I have on my phone camera.   Its not much but I'm willing to out it out there.   Ill share backstories to the pics.  Its time to show what you have.

The last pics look like bear to me.   Ill just say that we walked down the trail and no tracks, then back after about 10 minutes and there they were.   We set a camera out in the woods nearby and came back about a month later.   Found similar tracks that day also

SSR Team
On 1/21/2019 at 11:41 PM, Huntster said:

I read of a woman’s story that you will not find in any current sasquatch database. I believe it was told to Peter Byrne and he wrote of it in his book, which was published in the mid-1970’s.

You give me the book and I’ll make the addition to a database a reality ;)

37 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

You give me the book and I’ll make the addition to a database a reality ;)

I wish I could send it to you, but I gave it to somebody many years ago.......1982, I believe. I believe this is the book:

https://smile.amazon.com/Search-Bigfoot-Monster-Myth-Man/dp/0671804421/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1548260151&sr=1-2&keywords=peter+byrne+bigfoot

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Huntster said:

Has anyone running a commercial expedition searching for Bigfoot ever gotten a permit from government to do so? If so, have said permits had stipulations, like "no shooting the bigfoots"? If government issues such a permit, does that indirectly admit that bigfeet exist? If I organized a commercial expedition to search for trolls under dead logs in a national forest, and applied for a permit, would it be issued? If not, why not?

A 1 day halibut charter fishing trip in Alaska for one person costs $350 now. I write that to both point out that the BFRO charge for a guided camping trip is not a bad price, and the cost of a halibut charter in Alaska is a rip off. This past spring I paid $95 for a tuna/dorado charter out of Dana Point, California (the entire boat got skunked, but they burned up just as much fuel as an Alaska boat does chasing halibut).

I went to Expedition: Bigfoot! (in Cherry Log, GA) back in February 2018 to check out a presentation by Cliff Barackman. Cliff was very engaging and his presentation was very interesting; at the conclusion of it, he mentioned that he was going to be conducting expeditions in Mt. Hood National Forest later on in the year. He went on to explain that these expeditions were legally permitted through the US Forest Service. Here's the link to his website with the details, I haven't seen anything mentioned about results of those expeditions or if he is continuing with them in 2019.

North American Bigfoot Expeditions: https://cliffbarackman.com/north-american-bigfoot-expeditions/

• Thanks 1

BFF Patron

I notice the website did not show an update the last half of 2018.    Somehow I think that Cliff must have had legal issues with Matt Moneymaker.   Either that or the Forest Service pulled the plug on him.   I cannot imagine MM did nothing about Cliff taking his business away.    Cliff is a good guy and easy to get along with.     I have talked to him multiple times at several events and and attended a casting seminar he put on at one conference.   It was even better since Meldrum was there too and offered suggestions to put the cast in context with the environment.     In a nut shell Meldrum suggested taking several pictures of the footprint from several directions before starting the casting process.    That helps him understand the conditions in which the print was put down.    Also, since casting can very easily destroy a footprint in soft materials,  carefully photograph the print from directly overhead to record details that may be lost when it is cast.   Tricks like using hair spray then dusting with casting powder,  then sprinkling with casting material before pouring help minimize the chance of deformation caused when you pour the casting material.    If you ever have the chance,   attend a seminar given by Cliff on casting.  

37 minutes ago, MichaelX said:

........ he mentioned that he was going to be conducting expeditions in Mt. Hood National Forest later on in the year. He went on to explain that these expeditions were legally permitted through the US Forest Service..........

This is extremely interesting to me. I have to wonder about the Forest Service's situation regardung this. Are they permitting these expeditions because they face legal issues if they refuse? Or are they slowly letting the bigfoot out of the bag?

18 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I notice the website did not show an update the last half of 2018.    Somehow I think that Cliff must have had legal issues with Matt Moneymaker.   Either that or the Forest Service pulled the plug on him.   I cannot imagine MM did nothing about Cliff taking his business away.........

Had Moneymaker partnered with the Forest Service on BFRO expeditions in the past like Barackman appears to have done? 

Cliff is a good guy and easy to get along with........

Yeah, he sure is. The teacher/educator talent is strong in that one, too. His expedition page is very impressive, and I'm not surprised at all that he's the guy who has made that headway with government.

BFF Patron

Given the problems getting an commercial permit to operate in Federal Forest I really doubt that BFRO ever did.     Movie companies try all the time and it is so costly and takes so long to get approval that they just blow it off and film in State Forest or privately owned land.       They were coming after small time wedding photographers taking pictures in the woods and handing out big fines.   There are billions of board feet of sustainable cut forest out there to make money from in timber sales but they would rather let it get old, die, and rot or burn down rather than cut timber and make money.    So they chase wedding photographers.  

Les Stroud got dinged by the National Park Service for filming in Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska without a permit. I think he paid a $5K fine. I don't know if he tried to get a permit beforehand or not. 

On the other hand, that moron Timothy Treadwell, who got eaten by a park bear, filmed in Katmai National Park illegally and openly for 13 years before getting killed and was never fined.

This is all likely because Shroud has money, and Treadwell had no money and no brains.

I remain impressed with Barackman. Getting the permit is smart, and it puts the Forest Service firmly into the game.

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

This is extremely interesting to me. I have to wonder about the Forest Service's situation regardung this. Are they permitting these expeditions because they face legal issues if they refuse? Or are they slowly letting the bigfoot out of the bag?

Not really sure about the legal issues that might be at stake. But at the conclusion of his presentation, he was doing a Q&A session and I asked if he had actually spoken to park rangers, game wardens, or law enforcement officers in that area. I was curious to know about any stories or actual experiences that they might have heard about or had. He said he had and then went on to elaborate that he had spoken to - IIRC - an intern that was working at a ranger station there at Mt. Hood NF. This person claimed to have seen an unofficial form for the employees there to fill out if they themselves had a Bigfoot sighting. Again IIRC the intern had seen the form in a trash can in an office and I think Cliff said he was trying to get this person to either get a copy of it or to take a photo of it.

Very interesting because I'm 99.9% sure that Cliff wouldn't have mentioned it unless he was fairly certain that he was being given good factual information.

• Upvote 1

Just the mere mention of a trash can being near by  and the form being trashed means exactly in it's place means a lot. That these guy's do not want to loose their job's that they truly want to retire from reporting that they saw a bigfoot a mystical creature that roams or National Forest. Who are we fooling here ! They have a lot to loose if they report what they see or encounter and on top of that they will be a laughing stock amongst their crew reporting it.  It makes no difference if we report it here  or if we report it at home  or if we report it among friends we trust.  The day we report what have encountered  is the day that our lives have changed for ever and we can no longer bring back that normal way of living. Promotions that one was now looking forward for is now gone in ones career. You are no longer looked at the same way that you were looked at before you had your encounters.

You are now looked at as a crazy person for just speaking up. Especially if you are a professional . Integrity means everything in certain fields and one does not want to loose that since that trust must be kept. If people are filling out forms that do not fit with the norm then they will be singled out. It will be done in a way that it will not be notice. I am not sure why they would be giving Cliff permits for his outings. But I am sure that their are higher ups that are doing it. I have said this before and that is that our Gov. knows what we are dealing with but are not willing to admit to it. They want the encounters but at the same time want the denials to have confusion.

Yetie9

I like your tracks but pictures of tracks are just not good enough as proof. We all have tons of track pictures and sure some could be real and some could be hoaxed. but those do not prove that this creature is real since tracks can be faked. You can tell me you seen and were in front of these creatures and had an upclose in your face encounter. Yet to me it will still be a story just like my in my face encounters . These encounters just do not mean nothing and the same goes with the patty film  since we were not there except for the two who were that filmed her. To us it is just a film of some thing walking across a river bed that was filmed some years back. But we were not there so we have no idea what was actually filmed and what is on that film is just analyzed:

examine methodically and in detail the constitution or structure of (something, especially information), typically for purposes of explanation and interpretation.

So we still are not really sure if it is real or not. By the way from what I saw here in Michigan looked nothing like Patty  as far as width or weight. I am sure that people here will say that I am wrong but I am ok with that since I know what I saw. You can not forget some thing that Is strange to you once you have seen it just like those prints. You do not forget encounters that are strange and unforgiven. If you go looking for the strange and it finds you how can you forget it. I am not sure how you found those tracks  but the tracks that I have found were not by accident . It is not like I went out looking for tracks and all of a sudden found them on a trail  so easy, No it took time and walking in places where I thought I would never find a track. The same went with tree formations where I would find them in the middle of the wilderness where no one would be walking through. It was like some how I was being led to them so that I would find them. All this took place while deer hunting and I never understood it.

I hope that you can shows us more of what else you have found since I pretty have an idea that you have more. I do not want to come of wrong to you but you have to understand that we have seen a lot on this forum. I am at a stage in my life that I can no longer accept a picture of a Bigfoot. If I ever get a chance a chance to shoot one with my bow or my crossbow I am going to take the shot. I feel that the more silent the weapon is the better chance one has of not getting killed. The only problem I have found is that they have not or never provided a clear shot and have stayed well beyond bow and crossbow range. I am not sure if others have tried . I can say that if I do that the creature will be donated to the University Of Michigan with the help of people I know here in Michigan.