It's time

Guest Yetie9

BFF Patron

I have changed my mind as to how easy contact is, since starting research.    When I first started field work,    I had blundered (with some educated guesses) into a very active area.   Thinking as the result that establishing contact would be easy and in a couple of years we would be sitting on a log and sharing peanut butter sandwiches.   That did not happen and contacts actually got more and more adversarial.    Then that and clear cut logging caused the group to move off someplace.     I expanded the search area tremendously but have not found another active area.    While once I thought them fairly common, now I know how really rare they are.    I think the best indicators of numbers in an area are footprint finds.   When my area was hot I would find them every few months.   That is no longer happening and other surrounding areas rarely yield a footprint.    I am back to square one.   Not only are they very rare but I think they might be on the verge of extinction.   All it would take is some idiot parent take his measles infected kid into the woods and that might be the end of them.   My county in Washington is in the middle of a measles epidemic because novaxer parents are afraid to vaccinate their kids.    

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

......... Not only are they very rare but I think they might be on the verge of extinction.......

I'm quite sure that regional extinctions have been occurring. In the PNW, where there were more of them, I think the population is critically low. I believe that west-central British Columbia will be their last hurrah.

Yeah, but once you get north of the Stikine River, big glacial ice fields block movements from the interior to tidewater. I believe north of that is more brown bear country, and sadquatch densities go down.

When I first got to this Forum the general mindset was to keep a presence in an area and the Sasquatches would get used to you and begin to interact. It now seems to be the opposite is true. Activity when one first goes into an area, followed by a bit of seemingly perturbed aggression at whatever level then a complete vacating of the region. We say that development, hunting, and other encroachments have driven Sasquatch to the more remote and subsequently inaccessible regions. It now would seem that on top of all of that pressure there are researchers who tree knock (still) and howl (STILL!).

Does anyone think a Sasquatch, or a clan of Sasquatches, would stick around in a research area that was being constantly visited even as sparsely as once a month?. Put another way: If you had a favorite camping spot that was favored because no one ever went there but then the area became busier to whatever degree by people coming through? Would you try to find another camp site to regain your solitude? It may be that the best thing researchers can do is get out of the woods?

I like being out there as much as anyone else but if I'm only adding to intrusions into the wild then it may be better for me to reconsider my approach. This isn't a new idea with me and the concept has been part and parcel of why I have been redirecting my efforts along lines involving reaching out to officials, academia, and agencies. Just something to think about....... 

32 minutes ago, hiflier said:

......Does anyone think a Sasquatch, or a clan of Sasquatches, would stick around in a research area that was being constantly visited even as sparsely as once a month?. Put another way: If you had a favorite camping spot that was favored because no one ever went there but then the area became busier to whatever degree by people coming through? Would you try to find another camp site to regain your solitude? It may be that the best thing researchers can do is get out of the woods?.......

I think they're nomadic, anyway, and will follow the weather up and down in elevation as well as following seasonal food resources. If an area gets an increase in human intrusion, they will likely lay lower, maintain a strictly nocturnal posture, and perhaps leave earlier if they get uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, hiflier said:

When I first got to this Forum the general mindset was to keep a presence in an area and the Sasquatches would get used to you and begin to interact. It now seems to be the opposite is true. Activity when one first goes into an area, followed by a bit of seemingly perturbed aggression at whatever level then a complete vacating of the region. We say that development, hunting, and other encroachments have driven Sasquatch to the more remote and subsequently inaccessible regions. It now would seem that on top of all of that pressure there are researchers who tree knock (still) and howl (STILL!).

Does anyone think a Sasquatch, or a clan of Sasquatches, would stick around in a research area that was being constantly visited even as sparsely as once a month?. Put another way: If you had a favorite camping spot that was favored because no one ever went there but then the area became busier to whatever degree by people coming through? Would you try to find another camp site to regain your solitude? It may be that the best thing researchers can do is get out of the woods?

I like being out there as much as anyone else but if I'm only adding to intrusions into the wild then it may be better for me to reconsider my approach. This isn't a new idea with me and the concept has been part and parcel of why I have been redirecting my efforts along lines involving reaching out to officials, academia, and agencies. Just something to think about....... 

I and a small group have an area that we visit 6 to 8 times a summer,  we go in throw a fit and break limbs and make noise it certainly gets some degree of attention in the form of what ost would say is classic Bigfoot behavior.  We have had rocks thrown, limbs broken, pronounced grunts, vocals ( all recorded and photo documented ) and a sighting of large individual in 2015.

Here is a video on one of these possible events.

We have more content to share in the coming weeks from our work in this area.

In this exceptional location we typically experience something strange about once out of every 8 days we spend in the area during the summer. In my opinion, rocking the boat works in some areas on a semi-consistent basis but certainly not everywhere.

• Haha 1

BFF Patron

Highflier,,  I agree with you on several points.     I was actively hunting them, with a camera, but hunting them just the same.    They tolerated it at first and contact got more and more unfriendly.      Because of footprint finds I am pretty sure it was the same family group.    The best contact was a purely random event.    I was in the way of where they were going.   It was pure idiocy and inexperience on my part that I did not get some very good video.     Perhaps you are right in that random insertions into suspected habitat may be the best way to get good contact.    Rather than pestering them for months or years.  Certainly human presence has to disrupt their daily activities like food gathering and hunting.   That produces less stress on them and may be more likely to succeed than hunting them.  Either way it is a million in one chance to get video of them.  

I'm not trying to be anti-research a far as the field goes but I'm going to guess that if your group remains in the are that the Sasquatches eventually will not. Especially since they seem to be demonstrating to you that they don't like the group there. Something has to give and I will guess that the end result will be that the creatures will not remain in the area and will eventually move on. I still think that if one is going to be out there then playing a harmonica or keeping commotion to a minimum while searching for a dead one or a skeleton is a better approach.

7 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Rather than pestering them for months or years.  Certainly human presence has to disrupt their daily activities like food gathering and hunting

Agreed. I honestly think going into habitat and conducting activities that may give the impression that a group is practicing dominant behavior isn't being very kind or sensitive to either Sasquatches or the other creatures of the forest who may not only fear Humans but Sasquatches as well. I am of the opinion that a deer population that has been exposed to Sasquatch hunting them with associated tree knocks or howls would be stressful. I have never tree knocked or howled and will never do either. At the very least other researchers may either think thee are Sasquatches around when there are not....or they are being hoaxed. But the real issue IMHO is the toll on the nerves of the forest dwellers in general.

Personally I think we have enough footprints and thermal videos and witness reports to say yes, they are out there. More will neither enhance nor reduce that fact. Could be time to leave them alone and just concentrate on quietly finding the body or skeleton. If one shows up try to get a photo or video but that shouldn't be the first reason to be in the forest. The dead one is the MOST IMPORTANT evidence anyone could possibly have. Because if Sasquatches aren't around in the daytime because of normal Human activity then being intelligent they will decide that it isn't worth it to be out at night either- food sources or no food sources.

It appeared that the creatures came back perhaps regularly to the OP nesting site. There was even greenery still in some of the structures indicating what would appear to b recent activity. That was almost four years ago and apparently nothing has been back since Humans appeared on site. I doubt the creatures will ever go back there unless the area is left alone for another 20-40 years and the intruded-upon generation has died off along with the memory of being intruded upon. Hey, it would be great to witness a Sasquatch so don't get me wrong. But it would seem that most folks witness Sasquatches when they AREN'T trying to witness them.

36 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

........Perhaps you are right in that random insertions into suspected habitat may be the best way to get good contact.    Rather than pestering them for months or years.  Certainly human presence has to disrupt their daily activities like food gathering and hunting.   That produces less stress on them and may be more likely to succeed than hunting them.  Either way it is a million in one chance to get video of them.  

Paul Freeman demonstrates otherwise. He knew the area like the back of his hand, and even mapped out their movements and routes over the years. Eventually, getting accustomed to their habits, he caught them in the open and filmed them.

That film was shot 25 years ago, the PGF 51years ago. Things have changed. The list of people and groups that are in the forests habitats and what they are doing there is long and it isn't just BF researchers. It's increased activities from the military on up to the sheer level of monitoring by the DNR, F&W and even the newer Federal NEON facility. It's time to just go and ask them what they know but no one either wants to or is getting it. People just need to get with the times and the technology and understand that there is no way that Sasquatch can anymore escape the technological net.

Everyone suspects that governments both at the federal and state level know about this creature. Simply put, it is time to just go and ask them. If this creature is truly in decline as many of you think and that it could be on its way to extinction then at some point there will be nothing left to even ask about. I just have a hard time understanding what folks are waiting for. It makes no sense. I mean, it REALLY makes no sense. 

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

That film was shot 25 years ago, the PGF 51years ago. Things have changed........

Yes, indeed, the times........they are a'changing.......

With the PG film, it was a true wilderness opened up 9 years before by logging. With the Freeman film, it's an area that largely remains closed to the public to this day as a watershed. 

But large areas of the PNW remain as restricted access, either by government regulation or the area is private logging corporation or Indian land. There are lots of places still where they can hide.

Edited by Huntster

Well at least you addressed the first two sentences.

I look at it this way, no one came and took John Green or any of the other "Horseman" away. No one has showed up and taken Bob Gimlin away, or Dr. Disotell, or Dr. Meldrum, or Freedman, or Randles or anyone else. No one has taken any of the NAWAC team away or forced them out of the woods- and they have guns out there! No one has shut down the BFRO or their field investigators. NathanFooter is still with us. No black helicopters, no black Suburban SUV's, no Men In Black. So no one is going to come after me for just writing a couple of emails or anyone else either. And yet of all of the effort and money people put into the field? Emails are the cheapest, easiest thing to manage and do. From that perspective, and by putting everything into perspective, some one out there just might say, "Well heck, I'll just write an email then." I mean, if everyone can write pages and pages and PAGES of stuff here on the Forum then one minute spent sending an email could be the best and, more importantly, most effective use of their time.

Edited by hiflier

15 hours ago, hiflier said:

I just have a hard time understanding what folks are waiting for. It makes no sense. I mean, it REALLY makes no sense.

You have a hard time because you don't want to.   It makes a ton of sense.    Process this: there is nothing compelling the people you ask to answer and to answer truthfully.   Nothing.   If there is a conspiracy to cover up bigfoot, it's been working for 50-75-100 years which means if there is anything to lie about, they've got authority to lie.    Knowing this,  you are wasting your time.   Fine,  It's your time to waste.   I'll do something else with mine.   It is, after all, mine.    Good luck in your quest.   I can't take it seriously, but good luck.

MIB

• Upvote 1

You never know as to what an email might get you. These are people we are talking about, after all.  I would just posit, in response to your observation MIB, that these is one very good thing that compels people at times. It is: The tendency for most people to operate under a system of integrity, truthfulness and decency. These days it might seem like anything BUT those qualities motivate a majority of us, but I don't think people  have changed so fundamentally. Comfort with evolving societal norms do operate here also. Things "not spoken of" in prior generations are not bandied about as afterthoughts. For my generation, there was one ironclad rule regarding marijuana use. You DID NOT, EVER! broach that subject with anyone in authority. Thus we had presidential hopefuls making ridiculous statements about how, well, once, they might have, sort of..umm...you know. Just yesterday we had another hopeful freely admitting, "Oh hell yes I did!" What changed? Only the fact that there are now tons more people who feel less exposed in just coming out and admitting what many knew all along. Same might be true for Sasquatch, and this is why I don't make any effort to conceal what I know from others. My hope is, after I'm made the butt of the same tired jokes we always hear, a seed might be planted that grows into the realization that, well, this guy seems to be sane, holds down a job and has a mother that loves him. Maybe there is something to this whole thing I need to keep an open mind about?

I can tell you from experience there is nothing more disappointing that hearing from somebody who holds closely held information that they would have told you what you wanted to know all along...but you just never asked them.

So Hiflier might be hurling letters into the abyss. But so what if he is? OTOH, it is just one more tool in the toolbox that might just get you valuable information. I wish him luck and encourage him to share whatever he might learn.