It's time

Guest Yetie9

2 hours ago, Trogluddite said:

^^ Yeah, I don't know if he means "throwing" or batting the rocks into water w/their paws.  But, this also sounds like a show of force.  Raddison, by that point, had lived in the wilderness as a NA for 10 years - he knew what bears were and what they did.  I would think if the bears were in the water hunting salmon or other fish (this occurred on the St. Lawrence River), then Raddison would have described the events differently.  

I can't even fathom 300 bears together. 300 Sasquatches is a dang army!!

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, Huntster said:

I just read the wiki page on Raddison. Wow! The tortures described are incredible!

Yes, they are. All of the so-called hostile Eastern tribes had pretty much the same traditions of torturing prisoners...the point being to prolong the suffering as long as possible to see if the condemned would manage to die with some degree of dignity. It seemed it was mainly for the entertainment of the women and children.  In my family there is an ancestor who was kidnapped by Shawnee...her father was killed in the initial attack on their farmstead, her baby brother was brained against a tree and she, her mother and an indentured servant were taken out of SW VA (present day Tazwell County) over the Allegheny and up to the Shawnee villages over the Ohio. Her mother was burned alive as the village women prodded her with flaming hemlock poles. She was spared, ransomed and eventually returned to Rockbridge County, VA.  When my children were old enough to understand, I took them to her grave and related the story to them, as it had been told to me in turn.  The longer I live the more clearly I see the Shawnee's point of view.  

• Upvote 1

A not unusual tale I'm afraid. Yes, the suffering was immense. She lived to old age, but clearly had what would be diagnosed as PTSD now. She married a Presbyterian minister of the church where she is buried, and he had a full-sized cradle built for her that she slept in all her life. She would have night terrors and the only way she could be calmed was by being rocked to sleep. You can read more if you'll search "Mary Moore, Captives of Abb's Valley". 

To bring it back on topic (my apologies) there is an excerpt in the book written about the whole episode by Mary Moore's son that mentions a cave that was found in the vicinity of the Moore homestead that contained "bones of extraordinary size". Another early resident related a tale where he was separated from his hunting companion, and that night the man said he had followed what he thought was a man's voice calling to him from across the Valley that would answer to his calls. When he got close to the source he heard a "terrific wild scream" and a large animal crashing away through the underbrush. The narrator attributed that to a panther, but....you know.

There are all kinds of these narratives in the early frontier chronicles in the Easter U.S., many of which you just have to say, "Hmmm...."   

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

On 2/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, hiflier said:

Don't wish to derail the thread BUT the court dismissed her case BY HER OWN REQUEST.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sasquatch-california-court-case-withdrawn-by-plaintiff/

"The court dismissed the case at the request of petitioner Claudia Ackley, on March 15, (2018) court records show.

Ackley said her attorneys advised her to drop the lawsuit she filed Jan. 18 in San Bernardino Superior Court against the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and the state Natural Resources Agency. She plans to refile the suit so it is compliant with the rules of the court. A hearing that was scheduled for Monday, March 19, was vacated by the judge.

“The attorneys wanted me to stop it and then for them to rewrite it,” Ackley said, adding that her attorneys told her if she had gone forward with her original filing, she would have been “eaten alive.”

Yup. You’re right. She withdrew. At the advice of her own attorneys :P It was Standing’s case in Canada that got tossed :) 

the derail is entirely yours. I was merely addressing your media blackout comment.

• Downvote 1

Guest Yetie9

Very good discussions here.  I appreciate the responses.  You sure can learn a lot about DNA etc here.  

However, back to the original post.   Does anyone have personal compelling evidence to share?   I think we'd all like to see if anyone has things to share.