Odd Geology of Sasquatch Hotspot

Huntster

I've been studying a well known sasquatch hotspot in California on Google Earth and have noticed a very odd geologic phenomenon that isn't seen in other sasquatch hotspots. Note the screenshot below. Notice those north/south "lines" that are so uniform to each other? That is not a shadow or photographic phenomenon. If you zoom in to them in 3D, you will see that they are secondary ridges and mesa edges. I aee them in no other area, even in northern California, and they are centered perfectly on the area of the "horseshoe" of the Klamath River from its mouth to Happy Camp.

Comments?

9C39CAA0-4385-4D7B-9A41-89185CBD1D0E.jpeg

I was of the same mind...way too uniform and evenly spaced to be a geologic feature.  Pays to pay attention though and stranger things have been hidden in plan view for much longer, like, ummm.....BF itself.

7 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

..........If you zoom in or out, the lines disappear.

Huh! I tried that, in both 2D and 3D, and I thought I saw the lines conformed to ridges and shelves, but trying it again at your suggestion, I see that you're correct!

• Like 1

• gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic
Admin

This happens because you are not looking at one image, but a "stitched" pic made up of many images.

The camera in the sat takes a pic at a given resolution and Google Earth stitches them together to make one big image when you zoom out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gigantor said:

This happens because you are not looking at one image, but a "stitched" pic made up of many images.

The camera in the sat takes a pic at a given resolution and Google Earth stitches them together to make one big image when you zoom out.

Yup.

Think of it as like mowing your lawn. The sat camera builds an overall image with each pass it makes over the earth.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, WSA said:

Oh, now I get it...what people mean when they tell me they are either on or off the grid? Makes perfect sense now!

The electrical grid?

Huntster -

Seems like your mystery is solved.   I'm glad you brought it up ... I've not noticed that in Google Earth on such a macro level though I've seen it on a micro level especially where the adjacent images are not from the same year or satellite pass so the difference at the "stitch line" is much more pronounced.   This is even more apparent if you go to View and check Historical Imagery, then move back and forth in time.

However, there are geological similarities in some of my favorite places to go bigfooting.   I particularly like the "Old" or Western Cascades.   Some places where there are old igneous intrusions into sedimentary rock caves can be found at the two rock "communities" meet.   Caves are otherwise very uncommon in my area.   This is often also where gold has been found in western Oregon so there is old mining history to study for hints of bigfoot encounters, not just recent reports.

MIB

16 hours ago, MIB said:

Huntster -

Seems like your mystery is solved........

It was more poor investigation than true mystery. It didn't take long for folks here to point out what should have been obvious to me. Believe it or not, I zoomed in to some of those lines and thought I saw geologic features! 🙃

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

It was more poor investigation than true mystery. It didn't take long for folks here to point out what should have been obvious to me. Believe it or not, I zoomed in to some of those lines and thought I saw geologic features! 🙃

It happens to me a lot.  I’ll see something interesting only to find out it’s been debunked or a better explanation has been provided 👣🤣

Edited by RedHawk454