How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

The Laverty part of the PG film story is among the most interesting of all. He was the only government official involved, he had prior experience with a nest and footprints, his, private photos got into the public sphere almost immediately, yet he has remained very quiet about his side of the event.

Laverty had heard of the filming while off for the weekend in Eureka, and on their way back to work, he went to the site and took the photos. It is clear that he was a "bleever", and he was wise to remain quiet about his opinions. His career turned out very successfully.

I'm not sure that Laverty remaining quiet really means anything. Perhaps he was just quiet and private by nature. Don Abbott of the B.C. Provincial Museum was involved with the footprint finds the month prior in the same general area. He was quite vocal about it all yet his career remained intact without issues. 

How did Laverty find the prints? Bob Titmus was there about 9-10 days later and spent quite a bit of time looking for the prints before finding them. That's why I thought that Laverty just stumbled upon them. But I'll have to re-read some stuff to polish up on the info. Thanks for responding. 

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

.......He's a really dumb guy who made a series of bad decisions that will stay with him.

Everybody makes dumb moves at one time or another. His went viral, and that made them that much more painful.

1 hour ago, The Truth said:

I'm not sure that Laverty remaining quiet really means anything. Perhaps he was just quiet and private by nature........

That may very well be. Regardless, his relative silence was probably good for his career. 

........Don Abbott of the B.C. Provincial Museum was involved with the footprint finds the month prior in the same general area. He was quite vocal about it all yet his career remained intact without issues........

Lyle Laverty was one of two Forest Service veterans known to be on the Trump Transition team’s list of candidates to be Chief of the Forest Service. We're talking Cabinet level authority. He served in both the U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Department of the Interior. At Interior, he was the Bush Administration’s Assistant Secretary for Fish, Wildlife and Parks, and within the Forest Service, he held several high-profile positions including Deputy Assistant Chief. Vocal sasquatch "bleevers" simply don't rise to such lofty positions.

How did Laverty find the prints? Bob Titmus was there about 9-10 days later and spent quite a bit of time looking for the prints before finding them. That's why I thought that Laverty just stumbled upon them.......

That is an excellent question. I don't have an answer. Again, everything regarding Laverty in the area during that era is extremely mysterious. Consider:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/laverty.htm

Laverty was associated with a personal bigfoot sighting near Hyampom, California and a bigfoot 'nest' found near Scorpion Creek in the Lonesome Ridge region, which some blew off as a bear nest. Laverty also had photographs of bigfoot tracks on the Bluff Creek sandbar near the site of the Patterson film attributed to him. Strangely, the photographs attributed to Laverty were photographed after dark and for size with Rene Dahinden's signature Dunhill pipe.........

Lonesome Ridge is directly above the PG film site on Bluff Creek. 

And why are his sighting and nest find not recorded anywhere? How did Bobby Short know of any of this?

I have some suspicions. I think Laverty was as intrigued with the phenomenon as everybody else in the area. He graduated from Humboldt State University in 1965, and was working as a timber cruiser crew leader afterwards, so was in the region during most of the entire 1958-1967 sasquatch events of the Klamath/Salmon/Trinity regions. I think he was as intrigued as everybody else, especially if he had his own sighting, nest find, and perhaps footprint finds that we may not know about. And I think his silence was because the Forest Service simply discouraged any activity with regard to the phenomenon, if not overtly, then by dismissive behavior towards it.

I think he knew where Patterson and Gimlin were camped, and knew that Bluff Creek as well or better than anybody. When the news of the film hit Orleans and the words "Bluff Creek" were uttered, he pretty much knew where. Who knows, his nest find above the film site might have been made just before the filming.

More:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/laverty2.htm

Edited by Huntster
  • Upvote 1

On 1/24/2019 at 7:22 AM, MIB said:

Logic can .. has and will again .. be wrong, be mislead by lack of a representative cross-section of information.    You might say if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it must be a duck ... but what if it had other features like big floppy ears, a trunk, tusks, and lacked wings?    Maybe that funny waddle and sound are completely taken out of context.   

The fact of the matter is, at least to the best of my knowledge, we have no evidence of a coverup.   We have claims, second-hand stories, innuendo, assertion of what "must be", but not one single bit of tangible evidence for anyone to review.   Less, even, than evidence of bigfoot where at least we have track casts and footprints anyone can see on the 'net or, if they make the effort, in person.    We don't even have that to support the notion of conspiracy.   We have nothing but BELIEFS.   That's no better than the woo-bigfooters have to support their claims.   

I suggest that rather than trying to make a mountain out of a possibly imaginary mole-hill, we should focus on substantiating the mole-hill first.   In other words, wait until the existence of this purported form is established, not just claimed, before reading stuff into it.

MIB

I disagree in terms of evidence.

I see the 411 books as the black hole that puts the wobble in the axis of a star.

Is it normal for a special forces detachment to go looking for a lost child? Highly strange! Is it normal for the Park Service to claim they have no list of missing persons gone missing in their own Parks? Highly strange! You could ask the same of any city police force in the US and get such a list. Is it normal for the FBI to get involved in adult missing person cases? No.

We live in a age right now, we are being told by our government that UFO’s are real, they fly in our airspace with impunity, they exhibit flight characteristics well beyond our own technology and they do not know what they are. 

We have no proof UFO’s exist either. But obviously our government has been aware of this phenomenon for sometime and denied it. Or worse told people they saw swamp gas or shooting stars.

Do we need a body of a Bigfoot to prove they exist? Yes. Does that mean the government is gonna be blindsided by this revelation? No.

And also we have proof of bipedal hominids in our fossil record. It’s fact. We do not have any evidence of an alien species in our fossil record or otherwise. And yet guess which phenomenon our government has admitted being real first?

I do not think we are on the same plane as woo folks. We attempt to answer this phenomenon with scientific or a naturalist eye. It does no good to answer a riddle with 5 more riddles.

Soemthing is wrong in our forests. Real people are really missing or dead. Many under strange circumstances. Is it Bigfoot? Is it feral humans? Is it aliens? Well, you don’t send armed Green Berets into the Great Smoky mountains because you think someone has drowned or fallen off a cliff!!!? Right? You send in armed Green Berets to deal with direct action threats. Something is posing a direct threat to American citizens..... So what is it? And last I checked aliens and feral humans do not look like upright walking bears. And machine guns do not pose a threat to UFOs.... that travel tens of thousands of feet in nano seconds. Might as well use sling shots and rocks.

But your mileage may vary.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

It seems to me that we are being prepped for something related to UFOs by the government.    The government does not keep secrets then suddenly start leaking unless someone wants it leaked.    Could be a lot of things, but I hope the government have not made some terrible deal and UFOs are going to land soon and demand payment.    There are artifacts that science likes to ignore, that could only be alien because in some cases they were found in geologic strata where humans did not exist yet.    Science treats them exactly like BF, it ignores them.   They are an anachronism which science simply ignores because it cannot explain them.    If UFOs have been recovered that is the ultimate artifact.     We have no evidence that UFOs are immune to aircraft guns or missiles.    In the late 40s and early 50s I think we actually conducted aerial combat with them and both sides had losses.     If ETs have not had frequent visitations imagine their surprise if they visited before World War I,  then visited after World War II   The rapid advance in military aviation would have not happened without those wars.    That could have caught ET visitors by surprise not knowing how dangerous we had become.      

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

It seems to me that we are being prepped for something related to UFOs by the government.    The government does not keep secrets then suddenly start leaking unless someone wants it leaked.    Could be a lot of things, but I hope the government have not made some terrible deal and UFOs are going to land soon and demand payment.    There are artifacts that science likes to ignore, that could only be alien because in some cases they were found in geologic strata where humans did not exist yet.    Science treats them exactly like BF, it ignores them.   They are an anachronism which science simply ignores because it cannot explain them.    If UFOs have been recovered that is the ultimate artifact.     We have no evidence that UFOs are immune to aircraft guns or missiles.    In the late 40s and early 50s I think we actually conducted aerial combat with them and both sides had losses.     If ETs have not had frequent visitations imagine their surprise if they visited before World War I,  then visited after World War II   The rapid advance in military aviation would have not happened without those wars.    That could have caught ET visitors by surprise not knowing how dangerous we had become.      

And maybe everything after that was because we had help.

The one thing that doesn't make sense....they weren't traveling across galaxies to visit us pre-WW2....then came back and were shot down by .30 and .50 Cal MGs on fighter planes right after WW2.

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I cannot fathom a civilization creating advanced spacecraft that crosses vast distances of space.... only to be shot down by piston driven aircraft and lead bullets. Our current fleet of USN Super Hornets are flabbergasted at UFO capabilities.

Asteroids, meteoroids, space dust, comets, radiation, etc. It’s a cosmic pin ball machine out there. Meteors enter our atmosphere at 45,000 mph that’s 66,000 FPS! Way faster than a lead bullet. 

Your telling me they made it through the cosmic pinball machine only to be bested by Earthlings shooting bullets from crude propeller driven aircraft?

Anyhow I digress this is about Bigfoot cover ups not UFO’s. I used UFO’s to illustrate the Government’s lack of transparency with the truth.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, Huntster said:

And why are his sighting and nest find not recorded anywhere? How did Bobby Short know of any of this?

I'd have to double check through some stuff to see if his sighting and nest find are recorded elsewhere, but I have to caution you about Bobbie Short's website. She had a habit of actually altering her transcriptions of magazine and newspaper articles and stretching the truth at times. Up until her death, she heavily subscribed to the PGF massacre theory and was steadfast that Keith Chiazzari (sp?) was Bob Titmus. Chiazzari was the pilot who flew John Green and Rene Dahinden down to look at the Blue Creek Mountain footprints. He stayed with them and is seen in some footage. Short, to bolster her massacre theory, and because Titmus somewhat resembled Chiazzari in appearance, would not accept that it was Chiazzari in the footage. It was and she should have asked Chiazzari as others have and confirmed. She at times had beefs with those who didn't agree with her and would roast them on her website. So, it's possible that she made up the Laverty sighting and nest find, but I don't know. Did you know that she lied about her age and where she was born? This was realized after her death. I know that she can't defend herself because she's passed, but she was questioned many times about her alterations to news-articles and magazine articles and she always ignored the inquiries. 

Edited by The Truth

I am going to be a spirit medium for Stanton Friedman and go viral on YouTube. We will get to the bottom of this so-called cover up soon enough. 

If special forces were used routinely for missing persons cases then that is something worth discussing. The fact that they aren't just means they were available at that time and maybe heard about the problem and wanted to help.  I bet there's nothing to it.

If any agency does have a BF carcass in a freezer along with aliens and other mysterious beings, it would be interesting but no one would have any answers regardless. I don't think anyone in the U.S. gov, past or present, had a clue what to do about such things.  That applies on an international scale as well.  UFOs do as they please.  It's a news story when fighter pilots speak openly about their experiences.  It is a common tactic in counterintelligence to allow interviews and stories to happen when someone opens up to the media.  They even provided the videos to show good faith. Reprimanding and denials was the old way of doing things.  Everyone saw how ineffective that was.  Counterintelligence has come a long way.  If there is more to follow, that would be surprising.

2 hours ago, The Truth said:

........t I have tocaution you about Bobbie Short's website.........it's possible that she made up the Lavert y sighting and nest find..........

Yes, that is a possibility. I would sure love to hear some corroboration on either. 

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

It seems to me that we are being prepped for something related to UFOs by the government.    The government does not keep secrets then suddenly start leaking unless someone wants it leaked.    Could be a lot of things, but I hope the government have not made some terrible deal and UFOs are going to land soon and demand payment.    There are artifacts that science likes to ignore, that could only be alien because in some cases they were found in geologic strata where humans did not exist yet.    Science treats them exactly like BF, it ignores them.   They are an anachronism which science simply ignores because it cannot explain them.    If UFOs have been recovered that is the ultimate artifact.     We have no evidence that UFOs are immune to aircraft guns or missiles.    In the late 40s and early 50s I think we actually conducted aerial combat with them and both sides had losses.    

View all 3 MIB movies (old ones).  Funny that there was a giant cockroach in the first installment.  ET's hanging out and staying could be a good sign.  The Post Office could use the help.  Starting  a mass exodus of the planet  might be a bad sign.

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yes, that is a possibility. I would sure love to hear some corroboration on either. 

There's a blogger, Steven Strufert (sp?) who has some info about it on his blog page. I think it's called Bigfoot's Blog. He shows the original articles and the chances Bobbie made. It's sad to know that she did that. 

11 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I am going to be a spirit medium for Stanton Friedman and go viral on YouTube. We will get to the bottom of this so-called cover up soon enough. 

If special forces were used routinely for missing persons cases then that is something worth discussing. The fact that they aren't just means they were available at that time and maybe heard about the problem and wanted to help.  I bet there's nothing to it.

If any agency does have a BF carcass in a freezer along with aliens and other mysterious beings, it would be interesting but no one would have any answers regardless. I don't think anyone in the U.S. gov, past or present, had a clue what to do about such things.  That applies on an international scale as well.  UFOs do as they please.  It's a news story when fighter pilots speak openly about their experiences.  It is a common tactic in counterintelligence to allow interviews and stories to happen when someone opens up to the media.  They even provided the videos to show good faith. Reprimanding and denials was the old way of doing things.  Everyone saw how ineffective that was.  Counterintelligence has come a long way.  If there is more to follow, that would be surprising.

But they didnt help. They did not communicate or participate with the search effort in any way. 

3 hours ago, The Truth said:

There's a blogger, Steven Strufert (sp?) who has some info about it on his blog page. I think it's called Bigfoot's Blog. He shows the original articles and the chances Bobbie made. It's sad to know that she did that. 

Thanks for that tip. I'll look for Strufert's article. 

I would think that with John Green all over that NW California region during the sasquatch years 1958-1970, and if Laverty had a sighting and nest find, Green would have documented it........unless Laverty was careful not to allow such documentation because of his career.

Also, Laverty expressed skepticism over the PG event, which is remarkable. Like others, he noted that the film site was observable from the logging road, on a Friday afternoon, and during deer season, and also that he and others were in there daily, yet a couple of Washington cowboys came in and caught the footage. Neither of those facts downgrade the plausibility of the footage to me. Indeed, if one was to film a hoax, that time/place would be a horrible choice, either because a witness could catch you (ruining the hoax) or Bob Heironimous could catch 180 grains of lead through his very special monkey suit.

• Upvote 1

How far up the ladder does the knowledge of Sasquatch go?

Well I am just going to say it and it goes way up the pyramid. They are willing to stop who ever gets close to the truth. I might not have the proof but am pretty sure that they are capturing or might even be targeting these creatures and removing them from what ever area they might be in. Why else would they send in special units that are trained in special warfare . I will just leave this as some thing to think about. Nothing more and nothing less.