How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

BFF Patron

Probably had an abscessed tooth and infected jaw and couldn't eat live game so went for the purported big kill, or so it thought, tables turned, alls fair in ambush predator.prey

18 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Probably had an abscessed tooth and infected jaw and couldn't eat live game so went for the purported big kill, or so it thought, tables turned, alls fair in ambush predator.prey

Either way...that's a hardass story to tell for the rest of your life.

BFF Patron

I have hiked that area where the cougar attacked the guy.  My daughter and her husband run that trail.        It is Horsetooth near Ft Collins.   The guy is a Crocodile Dundee like hero for choking the cat to death.    I wonder how scratched up he got when he was choking it?  

BFF Patron

I checked and he was in the hospital from his injuries.     Apparently the cat bit his hands and arms pretty bad.    Hopefully he does not have to have rabies shots too.   

No response yet from WA State Department of Natural Resource Commissioner of Public Lands. Question for you all: What would you do in this situation?

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

No response yet from WA State Department of Natural Resource Commissioner of Public Lands. Question for you all: What would you do in this situation?

I’d not bother as I don’t expect an answer.   They are not just going to admit something because they got a random person asking.  Probably after a few emails the most reaction you’ll get is a right click and send to junk mail, which you will not even know they did it.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I checked and he was in the hospital from his injuries.     Apparently the cat bit his hands and arms pretty bad.    Hopefully he does not have to have rabies shots too.   

Hope not, just went thru Rabie vaccine process last year.  I think it was something like 22 shots.  

BFF Patron

I suggested to my local state  House of Representative delegate for my district that she designate BF as a protected species and prohibit shooting them until science recognizes the species and it can be determined if it needs protection as a first peoples or animal that may be on the road to extinction.     At the same time I sent a information request related to my suggestion to the State DNR as to numbers and population density.    The state representative responded and said that was a good idea and she would consider submitting legislation.   She has not to my knowledge but she at least responded.     The DNR never responded.      I do not know what can be done other than try to get an appointment with someone in the agency.   Perhaps they need to be reminded that if they have knowledge of a species facing extinction and do nothing to prevent that,  they would look very bad if the species is recognized by science and it comes out that they have known about it but been doing nothing to protect it.   There has to be a paper trail in the states where BF is common.   It would take an insider to get access to that.   

11 minutes ago, Twist said:

Hope not, just went thru Rabie vaccine process last year.  I think it was something like 22 shots.  

Yikes sorry about that.     Do they still give them to you in the stomach?      I have raccoons wandering through my yard nearly every night and I am afraid of encountering one in the dark and getting bitten.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

.......What would you do in this situation?

Recover in the hospital as long as the insurance company allowed, and flirt with the nurses while there. 

During recovery at home, I'd study lion hunting regs and lion calling techniques.

After recovery I'd drop all bear hunting efforts, become a lion hunter, and kill evety lion I could.

1 hour ago, Twist said:

They are not just going to admit something because they got a random person asking.

"A random person"...... That's kind of a telling statement don't you think? I mean I have asked others to join in but this is basically what I'm left with....just being a "random person". It's ALWAYS what I'm left with on this Forum. And yet years of discussions have produced nothing and have gone nowhere. What a big fat ineffectual waste of time for something as important as Sasquatch existence and disclosure. So sad.

I will be ending out that email again tomorrow. Why? Because psychologically I haven't been beat down so far that I'm afraid to do so. You folks can run around in the woods packing whatever it is your packing, taking whatever pictures, going wherever it is that you secretly go, and come here with your chests all puffed out with your tales of research. But sit for 5 minutes and send an email off to an elected official who's department witnessed large nests out in the forest is too  much to ask? As far as I can see you've lost your battle. The government behavioral laboratories have won and succeeded in turning you all into fearful little creatures. I honestly hate to actually be witnessing this for myself but I'm glad that I have. It reaffirms that one doesn't need physical cages to put people into cages. All one needs to do is remove their courage and will to stand up and demand an answer.

You may as well face it, there will be no answer for you folks until SOMEONE ELSE gets it for you. My email will go out tomorrow and it will keep going out until I either get a good response or a bad one- but I WILL get one.......random person be damned. I've made my choice a long time ago, and I chose to stand up.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Twist said:

........They are not just going to admit something because they got a random person asking.........

You could always try to impress them with an alias. For example, you could "sign" your email as Dr. Noahm Squatch, Director of Hominid Research at the University of Liberal Sciences, Big Foote Forks, WA.

Not a bad idea. I would certainly be in keeping with the Sasquatch subject as the joke that nearly everyone here thinks that it is. Examples of that? Sure tons of them:

"I heard a tree knock!"

"I found a foot print!"

"I saw a twisted tree, here's the photo that proves I did!"

"I heard a strange howl!"

"I heard footsteps!"

"I SAW one!"

And that about wraps things up as far as I can see. This thread is about someone further up in the ranks so to speak who knows what is really going on but won't say one way or another. But if the statements quoted above work for everyone then there's little else to be said.

2 hours ago, Twist said:

They are not just going to admit something because they got a random person asking.....

Not singling you out, Twist, as I have a high regard for you but that is the oldest and weakest statement on the planet. Many rely on it but it's really not a reason.......it's an excuse, and a lame one, that somehow makes it OK and even acceptable to do nothing which, in truth, it isn't.

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

"A random person"...... That's kind of a telling statement don't you think? I mean I have asked others to join in but this is basically what I'm left with....just being a "random person". It's ALWAYS what I'm left with on this Forum. And yet years of discussions have produced nothing and have gone nowhere. What a big fat ineffectual waste of time for something as important as Sasquatch existence and disclosure. So sad.

I will be ending out that email again tomorrow. Why? Because psychologically I haven't been beat down so far that I'm afraid to do so. You folks can run around in the woods packing whatever it is your packing, taking whatever pictures, going wherever it is that you secretly go, and come here with your chests all puffed out with your tales of research. But sit for 5 minutes and send an email off to an elected official who's department witnessed large nests out in the forest is too  much to ask? As far as I can see you've lost your battle. The government behavioral laboratories have won and succeeded in turning you all into fearful little creatures. I honestly hate to actually be witnessing this for myself but I'm glad that I have. It reaffirms that one doesn't need physical cages to put people into cages. All one needs to do is remove their courage and will to stand up and demand an answer.

You may as well face it, there will be no answer for you folks until SOMEONE ELSE gets it for you. My email will go out tomorrow and it will keep going out until I either get a good response or a bad one- but I WILL get one.......random person be damned. I've made my choice a long time ago, and I chose to stand up.

Have you considered going the FOIA way?  I am not as passionate about this as you are, but if I was that is how I would try to do it.