How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

1 hour ago, cmknight said:

I think I can speak for the Chinese Yeren, as I was the BFRO investigator in China, while I was living and working there. There have been many, many sightings, including by politicians, and the military, in China. The government has organized, I think 3, major expeditions so far. All of them have had at least a platoon of armed PLA soldiers. On one such expedition, "rounds were fired downrange", but the members were too shocked/scared to even come close to hitting their target (Yeren). It was a clear sighting, with no mistake as to what they were seeing.

I even managed an email interview with a Yeren investigator. Sort of a Chinese "Matt Moneymaker", of sorts (if you can imagine that LOL). This gentleman had a sighting many, many years ago, as a young man. It stayed with him, and his remembrances of the creature were so vivid that he eventually quit his job and took up field researching full-time. He would not bathe for 2 weeks before going out, and would spend up to 3 months in the bush of Shenongjia Nature Preserve, with a homemade black powder rifle, hoping for another encounter. He eventually did have one where the creature charged him, but since it was the rainy season, his powder was wet, and the gun wouldn't fire. The Yeren stopped about 15 feet away from him, turned, and went off into the forest.

It was an extremely interesting interview ... until he got to the point where he was praising the Party, and asking for funding and equipment from me.

The government of China DOES acknowledge the existence of a "bipedal human-like creature" in the forests of Shenongjia, but not publicly. The nearest major city to the area is Wuhan, and there is a professor at the University of Wuhan that does keep track of sightings, as far as he is able, but I have never been able to make contact with him.

I'd love to believe this, but sounds too much like a habituator situation....great tale but no proof.

26 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

....great tale but no proof.

Same thing we get in North America. Same methodology, Same outcome. And I don't see anything changing in that pattern either. It's why taking action and knocking on doors is necessary. The worst that has ever happened is emails don't get answered. If anyone would like to read the email I sent I will give some thought to posting it in a week or so depending on the response from the Washington DNR.

Edited by hiflier

4 hours ago, cmknight said:

I think I can speak for the Chinese Yeren, as I was the BFRO investigator in China, while I was living and working there. There have been many, many sightings, including by politicians, and the military, in China. The government has organized, I think 3, major expeditions so far. All of them have had at least a platoon of armed PLA soldiers. On one such expedition, "rounds were fired downrange", but the members were too shocked/scared to even come close to hitting their target (Yeren). It was a clear sighting, with no mistake as to what they were seeing.........

I had heard of these expeditions. Is there any documented story about the shooting incident?

• Confused 1

He tells the story, but no, there is no documented story because the if word got out to the authorities, his homemade black powder rifle would be confiscated, and he could go to jail over it. China is extremely anal about firearm ownership. No guns of any kind allowed, except by State-sanctioned hunters, of which there are almost none. Hell, China has zero wildlife (except birds) until you get to the far western regions. All of the wildlife was killed and used for food during the Cultural Revolution.

1 minute ago, cmknight said:

.......Hell, China has zero wildlife (except birds) until you get to the far western regions. All of the wildlife was killed and used for food during the Cultural Revolution.

The late Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska told of his visit to North Korea as part of a delegation looking into the famine of the 1990's there.  He said that the spookiest part was the realization that there weren't even any songbirds. Everything was starving or killed and eaten.

I found the BFRO page on China. Interesting.........

11 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I'd love to believe this, but sounds too much like a habituator situation....great tale but no proof.

Like I said, it was an email interview. You can choose to believe his story ... or not. I stopped corresponding with him when he requested that I donate video cameras, night vision gear, and money. Like all Mainland Chinese, he figures foreigners are rich and we just plop this stuff out of our butts whenever we want.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cmknight said:

Like I said, it was an email interview. You can choose to believe his story ... or not. I stopped corresponding with him when he requested that I donate video cameras, night vision gear, and money. Like all Mainland Chinese, he figures foreigners are rich and we just plop this stuff out of our butts whenever we want.

Are there highlights of the correspondence that you'd be OK copying and pasting here for us to read?

I might be able to go back and find it in my emails, but it will take a while. I'll have a look. I posted it in its entirety, an few years ago, in the old "Blue Forums" on the BFRO website, but those are gone now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cmknight said:

I might be able to go back and find it in my emails, but it will take a while. I'll have a look. I posted it in its entirety, an few years ago, in the old "Blue Forums" on the BFRO website, but those are gone now.

Thanks. That would definitely be an interesting read if you can find the correspondence!

3 hours ago, cmknight said:

...........Like all Mainland Chinese, he figures foreigners are rich and we just plop this stuff out of our butts whenever we want.

Compared to Chinese citizens, Westerners are rich.

BFF Patron
On 1/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

That is a very good point 

I agree there is less evidence for the cover up than the creature. 

However  ,I had a  high ranking government official whom was my uncle by marriage neither confirm or deny if the creature exists. 

Neither confirming or denying in government speak is confirming.  You would only go on record with a statement like that not to look like a fool when something is confirmed from another source.    It also smacks of some lever of classification and supports my theory that some aspects of BF are classified.  For what reason I do not know but evidence seems  to point that way.    As an example:  I cannot confirm the presence of nuclear weapons at any of the bases I was stationed.    If asked the official protocol is "I cannot confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons at this base."    If I had any service related BF knowledge, I would suspect that I would have been instructed to say something similar.    As a matter of fact that may be a way to independently confirm that BF have been an issue at military installations.    If you requested information from a military installation like Joint Base Lewis McCord in Washington State which has several reports of interaction and sighting of BF and the answer is they can neither confirm or deny the presence of BF encounters on their installation,   that would be the smoking gun about classification standing of BF.   .  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Huntster said:

Compared to Chinese citizens, Westerners are rich.

I wouldn't be quite so sure about that, Huntster. They save a lot more of their disposable income than we do. Credit cards are rare, and they always seem to come up with the cash to buy a home, instead of getting a mortgage. Vehicles of choice on the mainland are European ... BMW, Audi, etc ... and they pay cash for them. Most Chinese live very frugally, but they have a crap-ton of money in the bank for retirement.

BFF Patron
On 1/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, MIB said:

If it was understood by both parties conversing, yes, definitely.   For instance, I could mimic Elvis and anyone with context would get the message. 

More importantly, though, R Scott Nelson, a retired US Navy crypto-linguist, recognized patterns of speech, not just mimicry, in the Sierra Sounds recordings, and continues to try to replicate and translate the language.   

MIB

I have heard him speak several times.   Nelson has done a lot of analysis of the BF language but states clearly that he will never be able to translate it.     To learn an unknown language you have to have face to face contact with the subject to get some context to associate with words.      He has found  no direct correlation with any other modern human language,   although its multi-tonal nature seems to be similar to some Asian languages.      The Navajo code speakers in WWII completely baffled the Japanese for the same reason.       If he could hang out with BF for a few weeks he likely could make great progress translating it.     He can tell the difference between a statement and a question and that is about all.     BF speak very fast.  He did make the trip to the Sierra Sounds location when it still existed and tried to speak their language.   He was hilarious to the BF.   Interestingly and this points to the Government,   the location was a hunting camp that had been in existence and used for decades.   Its location was never revealed other than it was someplace between Lake Tahoe  on the North and Yosemite on the South in the Sierras.     Once it was discussed in the Sierra Sounds book, someone,  it had to have been some government agency, went in and destroyed the camp.   Because of its remoteness, it would have taken an aircraft to find it.    It was of no interest to the government until it became associated with BF, causing some agency to search for it and do a lot of work to destroy it.   Why?   .  

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, NatFoot said:

Thanks. That would definitely be an interesting read if you can find the correspondence!

Found it, but now I have to translate it.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, NatFoot said:

Found it, but now I have to translate it.

• Thanks 1