I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

Admin

I did a quick search and found a Joseph E Leffler, age 33, who lives in Portland. If that is the guy, it would be interesting to talk to him today and see what he remembers, if anything, from that experience.

3 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

One of those incidents occurred in Old Fort, McDowell Co., NC  it was of a mother watching her children playing and noting a BF at the woodline doing the same, it now appears that report has been sanitized from the bfro site or was a privately reported one. 

Use the Wayback Machine to find it.

BFF Patron

I read a source that said the boy found safe in NC was only 1/4 mile from home. 

Admin

Here is what I found on the NC case:

Bigfoot curious over woman's children

I live in Old Fort, North Carolina. It is an extremely small town with a population of about 800. About a year ago I bought a new house. It's in the woods well away from town (not that 800 people is much of a town)! Right after I moved in I started hearing strange sounds at night. There is "gibberish" that I cannot really understand. It kind of sounds like talking but I can never make out any words. I have heard some screams that are so blood curdling that I've actually gone into the woods with a flashlight to see if a woman was hurt. My children often play outside until nine or 9:30 PM (if it's not a school night!) and they have repeatedly seen something that they call "The Brown Man ". They say he is bigger than a man and he is brown in color and all he does is stand at the edge of my front yard in the tree line and watches them play. They are not afraid because he has never ventured into the yard and if they try to approach him he runs away. Even though I have heard the strange sounds I'd never seen anything until last September. It was about 11 PM and I had to go to the pump house to get my toolbox. The pump house is not actually in my yard it is behind the tree line at the back of my house. The kids were playing a CD really loud and they were dancing around the house (three kids can make a lot of noise!). I stepped out the front door and walked around the corner of the house and there he was. BF was standing not five feet from my sliding glass door. He was standing in the shadows looking in the door like he was totally fascinated with what my children were doing. I was so shocked that I just stopped and stared. He saw me at the same time I saw him. He was about 15 feet from me. There was such a shocked expression on his face that I now think it's funny but then I was kind of shook up. He turned and ran into the woods. I've got no real idea how tall he was. My brother is six foot four inches tall and BF was a lot taller than that. I would guess at least seven feet. He is brown in color (about like a Hershey bar.) I have searched the woods repeatedly and I've never found a footprint but that's not surprising considering the ground cover, leaves, rocks, etc. I've never been "into" BF until that night but I now own a night vision device and I sometimes sit in the backyard after the kids are asleep and just try to see him again. I have seen him at a distance. I just hope to get a photo one day.

Note: witness sent me this report that she posted on another board.

Source: NCBI

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

That is the one, forgot it was at night.  Must have been posted up to a bigfoot discussion board in the old days, the wayback machine had no mcdowell county ones until about 2005 so who knows. 

Edited by bipedalist

Admin

In my records it was credited to NCBI (North Carolina Bigfoot Investigations) and not the BFRO. It had a date of July 2005.

Also of possible interest is the 411 Dennis Martin case. Might be related to BF or not....you decide.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Well, honestly, I don't think we can really say if they are male or female unless they were endowed like Dolly Parton.

The person who researched that Cowman story (my favorite BF story) opines it acts like a female that had lost her young. Also, there are those who believe the sound of children playing attracts BF.  I could see both of those scenarios being true.

The main sighting story I am thinking of involved a school teacher who was watching the kids in her class while they were at recess. She said she looked up and there was a BF just standing there watching the kids, she quickly hurried them into the school. It was on an episode of Finding Bigfoot, but I can't find it anywhere. I think it happened in Michigan and I believe the woman said this BF has breasts, so it would have been female. I can't find the report however.

54 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

all he does is stand at the edge of my front yard in the tree line and watches them play. They are not afraid because he has never ventured into the yard and if they try to approach him he runs away

That's typical BF behavior. Many sighting are the same, it's just standing there watching and turns and walks away. Most reports are of benign behavior such as that, thought there are the reports of aggressive ones.

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I read a source that said the boy found safe in NC was only 1/4 mile from home. 

Yeah, I don't recall seeing an actual distance but he wasn't far from his home or other houses. They are wondering where he was all that time as they searched the area where he was found.

Edited by Rockape

44 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Well, honestly, I don't think we can really say if they are male or female unless they were endowed like Dolly Parton........

........or Long Dong Silver.........

The Cowman story is a darned good one, but so is this one, and it very much sounds male (super wide shoulders), but the attraction to the child isn't so clear, and it may have been an unseen smaller squatch that may have been attracted to the boy:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=933

I remember a story of a young boy that insisted he was with a large hairy female. No one believed him. His teacher helped him draw a sketch, and I remember he put buttons down the front ..

I just read this on msn and was going to post it here but I was obviously beaten to the punch. Odd story, don’t think a “friendly bear” is a real possibility. If it wasn’t a bear or large dog I’m at a loss for what kept the boy safe for two days. I didn’t see anything on local over night temps the kid survived. Lot of cold temps nation wide at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Pdub said:

I just read this on msn and was going to post it here but I was obviously beaten to the punch. Odd story, don’t think a “friendly bear” is a real possibility. If it wasn’t a bear or large dog I’m at a loss for what kept the boy safe for two days. I didn’t see anything on local over night temps the kid survived. Lot of cold temps nation wide at the moment. 

Luck and imagination, maybe.

I live about an hour away and following the story closely.   The woman was walking her dog a quarter mile from the house he went missing from and heard a child crying .    She put the dog up and yelled for a LEO just down the road.  Him and a fire capt heard as well and found the boy approximately 40 yrs from the road.  He told his aunt as well as LEO that a bear was with him for the days in the woods.

This road was extensively traveled, searched and utilized by several hundred people a day.   It was below freezing at night and ill tell you thurs morning was like a monsoon here.   Anyway from what I understand he claims a bear befriended him.   Seems very similar to some of the missing 411 stories to me

• gigantor unfeatured this topic