I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

9 hours ago, Rockape said:

Or he climbed into a hole with a bear and stayed there until it quit raining. The bear was hibernating and didn't know or care. If he was out in the woods for two days that's the only thing that even halfway makes sense, and apparently he was out there in the woods. I think if he had been abducted by a person he would have said that, not a bear.

They were basically in a swamp.  The SAR team had to wade through wast deep water to get to him.  There are no dry holes out there to crawl in to.

8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

We have people in NC, right?

The prudent approach to the family, to look for permission to speak with him, would be to explain other similar events....and then see what he says with them present.

I was thinking about it but NC is an awfully long state and they are on the far eastern end.  11-12 hours driving end to end.  I am 4-5 hours away.

Simply ask if the boy looked wet. I really doubt he could have survived in 22 degrees overnight without frostbite, at least on one on those tiny fingers, or if he had gotten soaked from the rain and then the temperatures dropped. The SAR team had to wade through water to get to him, was there any ice around the fringes? NatFoot used to talk about bogs being warmer in the winter than other places way back when he was in Michigan. 

49 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Simply ask if the boy looked wet. I really doubt he could have survived in 22 degrees overnight without frostbite, at least on one on those tiny fingers, or if he had gotten soaked from the rain and then the temperatures dropped. The SAR team had to wade through water to get to him, was there any ice around the fringes? NatFoot used to talk about bogs being warmer in the winter than other places way back when he was in Michigan. 

Ugh, that was Nathanfooter, not me (Natfoot).

10 hours ago, NatFoot said:

.........I agree with you. But what I am saying is not completely illogical. Both are completely unproven. Although there is a fossil record of other hominids, there are also numerous theories that there is no way we are alone as life. Same difference.

The Drake Equation is a cute exercise in probability, but it in no way addresses the possibility of biological life traveling through time, which is what would be required for interstellar travel. Moreover, if a similar mathematical exercise were to be conducted on the probability of relic hominids surviving to today, my bet is that the probability would be overwhelming, especially since we have so much fossil and trace evidence to support it.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

uthorities had said Casey wasn't adequately dressed for the weather, as temperatures hovering around freezing mingled with intermittent rain. Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes had expressed concern about sinkholes and deep water ditches in the area, and divers were dispatched to assess nearby ponds. Volunteers were even turned away for Thursday's search because of safety concerns.

"We don't want to make an incident into another incident," Joe Monette of the North Carolina Forest Service had said. "It is an array of ditches, water - you name it, it is here."

The FBI, state investigators and the U.S. Marine Corps from nearby bases at Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point joined the effort to find Casey. Hughes says searchers covered 220 acres.

It's still uncertain where Casey was during those two days and what enabled him to stay safe. Hughes believes Casey moved around.

“We responded on a tip, located by voice this young man, went to him, disentangled him from some briars he was hung up in, brought him out, here we are,” Grier said. 

When he was found, he was still wearing his jacket, zipped up. He was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

"We brought Casey to his family, just like we said we were going to do," he said. "I could not be happier by the way this turned out."

(Watch below as Sheriff Hughes and Casey's parents speak to reporters)

Casey was only a quarter-mile from where he was first reported missing, but authorities believe he was moving around most of the time he was lost.

Investigators said there is no sign of an abduction, and said Casey was wearing the same clothes as he was on the day he disappeared.

The sheriff said the boy was very wet and cold and had scratches, but otherwise was in good condition.

According to Hughes, Cas

I am so glad this little boy is safe. Yes, I tend to believe that he was cared for by a 'foot, not a bear. My question is why did this happen in the first place? I question the supervision (or lack thereof). I ALWAYS watched my kids closely when they were that age.

2 hours ago, NCBFr said:

They were basically in a swamp.  The SAR team had to wade through wast deep water to get to him.  There are no dry holes out there to crawl in to.

Where he was found might be a swamp, but I'm pretty sure there's some dry areas out there in spots. I wish we had an address or at least a close proximity so we could view the area on google maps.

20 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

It's incredible how he survived. Truly a mystery.

Yep, it is. BTW, I did mean NathanFooter in my earlier post. I knew a long time back that you were not he and he not you :) 

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Simply ask if the boy looked wet. I really doubt he could have survived in 22 degrees overnight without frostbite, at least on one on those tiny fingers, or if he had gotten soaked from the rain and then the temperatures dropped.

They said he was wet when they found him, but he could have got wet that morning and been dry most of the time. He had on a jacket, so that was some protection.

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Ugh, that was Nathanfooter, not me (Natfoot).

LOL, you're going to have to ask Gigantor about changing your name.

25 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

It's incredible how he survived. Truly a mystery.

It is, but kids are pretty darn tough. Much tougher than we think. I think he held up well mentally, which helped him as much as anything.

Edited by Rockape

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

The sheriff said the boy was very wet and cold and had scratches

2 minutes ago, Rockape said:

They said he was wet when they found him, but he could have got wet that morning

Could be RA, Occam's Razor? The boy got lost, got wet, got cold, but came out of it OK. Now........about that bear thing....... ;) 

4 minutes ago, Rockape said:

They said he was wet when they found him, but he could have got wet that morning and been dry most of the time. He had on a jacket, so that was some protection.

Where was this printed or said? I've read every article I have found and didn't  see that anywhere .

I have the same problem,  people confusing me with the Huntster.

Two outspoken,  rugged individuals.

I am, however,  far more handsome than that gentleman!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Where was this printed or said? I've read every article I have found and didn't  see that anywhere .

It was printed in my post. It's just a possibility in my opinion. I don't think it rained until the night before he was found.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic