I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

1 hour ago, David NC said:

This could have been something similar to this story. What overrides the normal and natural instincts in animals sometimes to do something way out of their character? The boy (teenager at the time) even tried to run the elk off multiple times but they kept coming back to him.

Wow, I've never heard that story.  Thanks for sharing it!  That was indeed a miracle...

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, David NC said:

That is a slippery slope to oblivion, leaving open the thought process that no matter if it is good it can still be evil. 

Don't misunderstand me.  I don't think any "evil" spirit had anything to do with this situation, unless a human was involved, and even then his conscience was overwhelmed by a good spirit to do what was right.  I will say this, though.  Where humans are involved, evil will do something good on occasion to deceive people.

Personally, I think some animal took care of this kid while he was lost, and the way it sounds, it was likely a creature we know as bigfoot.  I just can't fathom it being a bear doing it.  What, or whoever did this had a degree of intelligence bears are not known for, i.e. putting the kid safely in a thicket of briars where he could be found.  If it was a human, where did the kid come up with "a friendly bear took care of him", and the human took a huge risk for sure.

Edited by Little Foot

I knew the little boy and the "bear" reminded me of something: it's also reminiscent of the d'Auvergne case:

Tibet, 1938
Another curious report was filed in 1938 by the late Captain V. d' Auvergne, formerly one of the curators of Calcutta's Victoria Memorial in Chowringhee, India who although a Frenchman by birth was a Brit who carried such military honors as the Military Cross and the Distinguished Conduct Medal. While working out in the higher elevations of Tibet, Captain d'Auvergne, momentarily lost his vision during a white-out snowstorm that blew in over the Himalayas quite suddenly. Freezing, suffering from the raw elements and disoriented, d'Auvergue could have died of hypothermia in such a blinding blizzard in a few minutes time. He claimed that a 9-foot tall whitish-gray hair-covered figure actually sheltered, fed and cared for him from the worst of it. When the captain recovered sufficiently to have a sense of his surroundings and reason his situation, the creature had disappeared. Captain d'Auvergne's description of a benign, curiously protective creature. 

There is a contradictory tale however, one in which a similar creature crossed paths with a young Nepalese shepherdess near her village. The large ape with black and brown hair had seized the Sherpa girl and would have made off with her, if a piercing scream hadn't sent him scampering. But not before he had killed two from her herd of yaks, and the police who visited the site immediately afterwards, found large footprints among the carnage which seemed to back her claim. This creature description differs considerably from Captain d'Auvergne's report from Tibet.

Source: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/tibet.htm

• 3 months later...

A five year olds’s way of rationalizing or “normalizing” something that was very...not normal? Kinda reminds me of a hairy gingerbread man

26 minutes ago, OKBFFan said:

A five year olds’s way of rationalizing or “normalizing” something that was very...not normal? Kinda reminds me of a hairy gingerbread man

That or a teddy bear? Was it his imagination and the thing was a teddy bear?

Can't help but think the buttons could have been the teacher's idea? You know, power of suggestion when dealing with a 5 year old. It was probably the teacher who was the first to not believe the child and had the buttons drawn so that the teacher could personally rationalize the story. Also what was it that made the child-at-the-time think it was a female? If the buttons were actually his idea could the buttons then be a clue for that observation?

Edited by hiflier

Probably explains why the skeptics of the world can't find the zipper on the Patterson creature. Sasquatch suits only come with buttons.

• Haha 3