I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

I'm in agreement, it's not that anyone wants anything, we're a Bigfoot website so we discuss things possibly related to BF.

Yes, I've been keeping an eye on the aun't FB page.

My problem is, it's hard to see this kid surviving for three days all by himself, although it is possible. I've already said, kids are tougher than we give them credit for. That there was more than an imaginary bear with him seems more plausible.

I've already explained how I could see it happening if there was a real bear and don't feel like going over all that again, it's here in the thread though.

To address the potential Squatchery of this, if this kid was a big fan of a cartoon bear that walked on two legs, it would make it more likely he would see a Bigfoot as a bear walking on two legs rather than a monster, as some have shown children describe a BF.

Yes, because this is a BF site more are inclined (want to to be honest) to see this as involving BF.  As a minister I am seeing many Christians who want to attribute this to a Guardian Angel, on paranormal sites, it's the ghost or spirit of a loved one or just some random kind spirit... the old analogy of if you're a carpenter every situation involves a hammer comes to mind.

I'm interested in many fields and actually have a more realistic and even scientific mind than most in my chosen field.  To me I suspect an abduction as I have stated, prayer works in that the mind/heart of the abductor brought them to release the boy near his home.

I don't think the boy would have been able to do as well as he did all on his own for that long of a period of time and I really don't think the searchers (again trained dogs were used) would have missed him in that confined of a space.  But, I grant you kids are surprisingly tough at times... but, small bodies don't fare as well in the cold and that's hard to dismiss.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I'd point you towards the Josiah Leffler case in Oregon back in the 90’s and that whole episode including the admittance of what was seen in the FLIR by the SAR team.

Not familiar with this case, is it covered here on the forum? Or can you provide a link or links that cover it?

Admin

I provided an abridged account back on page 1.

Google joseph edwin leffler

Note: the AP version does NOT mention tracks, monster, or FLIR imagery....

Found it (Thanks Bobby for posting it!):  

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/51716-2-yr-old-vanishes-in-id-police-may-be-abducted/?do=findComment&comment=915841

About halfway down the page.

5 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Yes, because this is a BF site more are inclined (want to to be honest) to see this as involving BF. .........

I'm afraid I don't see sasquatchery in this at all. A hibernating bear in a den that the boy found and crawled into.......maybe. But I doubt that as well. I also don't see nefarious human activity, either, although I admit that it's certainly possible.

As a minister I am seeing many Christians who want to attribute this to a Guardian Angel, on paranormal sites, it's the ghost or spirit of a loved one or just some random kind spirit... the old analogy of if you're a carpenter every situation involves a hammer comes to mind.........

What a pleasant surprise! A minister! There certainly haven't been many on this forum, at least that I've known of. Welcome! Your moniker made me envision an old power lifter like me, now still big, but very undefined.

In all honesty, Reverend, your mention of a Guardian Angel makes the most sense to me, having had my own save my bacon spiritually and physically more rimes than I can remember.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'm afraid I don't see sasquatchery in this at all. A hibernating bear in a den that the boy found and crawled into.......maybe. But I doubt that as well. I also don't see nefarious human activity, either, although I admit that it's certainly possible.

What a pleasant surprise! A minister! There certainly haven't been many on this forum, at least that I've known of. Welcome! Your moniker made me envision an old power lifter like me, now still big, but very undefined.

In all honesty, Reverend, your mention of a Guardian Angel makes the most sense to me, having had my own save my bacon spiritually and physically more rimes than I can remember.

I used to powerlift way back in the 80's.  I still lift but not competitively, some of my old 'wounds' don't let me train heavy anymore on the squat, dead, or bench.  But I still like the gym and try to train as much as I can.  Not nearly as defined as I was that's for sure!  LOL

It's hard to know what's going on here, I just hope someday they give us a bit more information as it is a very intriguing case.

Glad your Guardian Angel was there to pull you out of those scraps and difficult times!

Blessings!

I power lifted through the late eighties and most of nineties. I just started doing it again a couple of months ago. I sure missed and it feels good to get back into it in my mid fifties.

About the possibility of the child crawling into a bear den and surviving in there without the bear knowing is possible, however, I wonder how dark it is in a bear den and if it is really dark in there and a bear is usually dark colored, how would he know it was a bear?

8 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Yes, because this is a BF site more are inclined (want to to be honest) to see this as involving BF.  As a minister I am seeing many Christians who want to attribute this to a Guardian Angel, on paranormal sites, it's the ghost or spirit of a loved one or just some random kind spirit... the old analogy of if you're a carpenter every situation involves a hammer comes to mind.

I'm interested in many fields and actually have a more realistic and even scientific mind than most in my chosen field.  To me I suspect an abduction as I have stated, prayer works in that the mind/heart of the abductor brought them to release the boy near his home.

I don't think the boy would have been able to do as well as he did all on his own for that long of a period of time and I really don't think the searchers (again trained dogs were used) would have missed him in that confined of a space.  But, I grant you kids are surprisingly tough at times... but, small bodies don't fare as well in the cold and that's hard to dismiss.

I am both a man of science and a devout Catholic. Nice to see a man of faith here. 

I am in agreement with you no real or mythical beasts involved. I am rather inclined to lean toward human abduction and release. 

I mean no offense and am not saying exactly what happened other than I've been following closely and live about an hour away but there are many unknowns here.   I can't see in any way that a child curled up with a black bear in a den or whatever for two days.   Again, no offense but its just not happening.   

Then there's the found 50 yards from the road.   Is there a bear den 50 yards from the road?   Still the K9s couldn't pick up the scent?  I'm sorry but there is no black bear, just my opinion.    When the boy was found I talked to my sister in Fla who has no knowledge or idea of the outdoors.   I told her the report that the boy said he hung out with a bear for two days.  She asked did the rescuers see a bear or run a bear in their search?   

Just saying if you've spent years in the woods here in Eastern NC its just not happening.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

I power lifted through the late eighties and most of nineties. I just started doing it again a couple of months ago. I sure missed and it feels good to get back into it in my mid fifties.

About the possibility of the child crawling into a bear den and surviving in there without the bear knowing is possible, however, I wonder how dark it is in a bear den and if it is really dark in there and a bear is usually dark colored, how would he know it was a bear?

I'd love to compete again but... it's not to be. ;)  I would really like to get back to a double bodyweight bench before I hit 60 but if history repeats itself I'll start having issues with my shoulder just before I get there. :(  Even though I really would like to make a run for it, the wiser course would be to just keep training as I have been the last dozen years or so... but still... LOL

32 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am both a man of science and a devout Catholic. Nice to see a man of faith here. 

I am in agreement with you no real or mythical beasts involved. I am rather inclined to lean toward human abduction and release. 

I'm a firm believer that science and faith can co-exist.  Have you by chance read Dr. Francis Collins book "The Language of God"?

But, I also lean towards believing there are 'Big & Hairies' out there somewhere. ;)  

43 minutes ago, Yetie9 said:

I mean no offense and am not saying exactly what happened other than I've been following closely and live about an hour away but there are many unknowns here.   I can't see in any way that a child curled up with a black bear in a den or whatever for two days.   Again, no offense but its just not happening.   

Then there's the found 50 yards from the road.   Is there a bear den 50 yards from the road?   Still the K9s couldn't pick up the scent?  I'm sorry but there is no black bear, just my opinion.    When the boy was found I talked to my sister in Fla who has no knowledge or idea of the outdoors.   I told her the report that the boy said he hung out with a bear for two days.  She asked did the rescuers see a bear or run a bear in their search?   

Just saying if you've spent years in the woods here in Eastern NC its just not happening.

So what do you think happened?

4 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I'd love to compete again but... it's not to be. ;)  I would really like to get back to a double bodyweight bench before I hit 60 but if history repeats itself I'll start having issues with my shoulder just before I get there. :(  Even though I really would like to make a run for it, the wiser course would be to just keep training as I have been the last dozen years or so... but still... LOL

I'm a firm believer that science and faith can co-exist.  Have you by chance read Dr. Francis Collins book "The Language of God"?

But, I also lean towards believing there are 'Big & Hairies' out there somewhere. ;)  

Old Time Lifter,

I really am excited you are here.  I'm a Christian man but of course still struggling.   All I can say is that I prayed and prayed that boy would be found but my mind said no way.   Boy did I smile when I saw he made it.  It was freezing the first night and Thurs morning was like a monsoon with rain blowing sideways and very cold.   I don't know what happened but in all my years of being here I've never even seen a black bear den.  I keep thinking to the missing 411 similarities but in the end I know God had a hand in it.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic

I wonder what the boy and his clothes smelled like when found. Obviously a child that age isn't going to have adult BO pong but wouldn't he pick up some kind of odor if he'd been around a bear or other animal?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I read the book. Pm sent 

I think this case has all of the hallmarks of the 411 books. In which I feel it is suggested something extraordinary happens.

Point of fact.

1) Boy claims a bear took care of him for two days. (This exact claim has happened before in Montana 60 years ago, Except bears dont walk on two legs while they carry children in their arms, as reported in Montana, or in the Dennis Martin case in Appalachia)

2) The child should have died from exposure, but did not. Which adds validity to point 1. Somehow, someway the child is cared for and delivered relatively unscathed.

3) The child is found in an area that has been searched many times by hundreds of people. It would seem they just were just not present until later.

4) The child is found in a swamp. And its unsure how they navigated by themselves to such a hard to reach place in mud and muck. Again a classic repeatable fact we see in many cases.

Bears do not care for small children......they eat them. And black bears are responsible for more attacks in north America than Brown/Grizzly bears. And its much more likely the black bear attack is based on predation. You fight back against a black bear. A small child stands zero chance.

It wasnt a Bear.

So what is taking children back East? Bigfeet? Feral Humans? And why?

I do believe something abnormal is going on.

• Upvote 2