I ain't sayin' it was actually a Bigfoot...

Rockape

What does this say about the creature that found him and might have even took him. This boy might not have been able to describe with what he was with in those two days. But think about how well thought out this creature was. It placed this kid in the middle of a swamp where it knew that it could not have been tracked. The tracking dogs could not have tracked this kid since he was placed in the middle of the swamp. Then the kid was placed in thickets so that he could not move. That is like placing barb wire all around him so that he stay in place. Now this is very thought out by what ever found him and took care of him.

The other thing is that what ever did take care of him did not want to be tracked and took the proper per cautions. Bears I believe are good at loosing those who are after them. But I am not sure that a bear was even in the area at the time he was missing or it would have been reported. There would of been tracks found along where the tracks of this boy as well. I would think that the push to find the boy would have been even more priority with even more vigilance.

Then there is this which goes along with another thread " how far up the ladder does sasquatch go ? " . What exactly are the authorities willing to tell the public about these creatures. Why are they hiding them from the public if these creatures are willing to help humans. Unless these government entities have some hidden secrets about these creatures that they are not will to talk about at this time. I am sure that if this boy spent time with a bear then there must be proof that he did. That means that these tracking teams must have found tracks matching a bear that matches with the story of this boy. If they found tracks of this creature then it will remain silent and not a word will be said.  If there was a bear in this area I am sure that they had to have spotted it with so many trackers searching for this boy. If it was a creature then it must have been pretty clear for the trackers that some thing bipedal had either grabbed him or is with him. Either way  we will not hear a word about what they tracked and it will stay amongst those who tracked what ever .

The most worry I have for the boy is that any bear he sees from now. To him that bear will now be friendly and will not know the difference. His life was changed by this event and until he grows up to know that not all bears are friendly  he will always believe that they are. The other thing is if it was a Bigfoot chances are that he may be visited again by the same creature. That he now has a connection to this creature and that the saying of being marked , well he is now marked by this creature. This whole thing has just been an odd event  and yes a higher power was involved or this little boy would not be alive right now. Every person was in the right place at the right time and what are the chances of that happening . If it is ok to say it but God did have his hand on this one and he did take care of this little boy. There is some special in his life that the big chief in the sky had to take care of him. It is great when prayers are answered. 

13 hours ago, Yetie9 said:

Old Time Lifter,

I really am excited you are here.  I'm a Christian man but of course still struggling.   All I can say is that I prayed and prayed that boy would be found but my mind said no way.   Boy did I smile when I saw he made it.  It was freezing the first night and Thurs morning was like a monsoon with rain blowing sideways and very cold.   I don't know what happened but in all my years of being here I've never even seen a black bear den.  I keep thinking to the missing 411 similarities but in the end I know God had a hand in it.

Thanks Yetie9, we all struggle that's part of the process... a large part.  God bless you and all those who prayed for this boy.  I absolutely believe God had a hand in this miracle.  I believe He worked to turn the heart of whoever had taken the boy.  I am inclined to believe that the boy was taken by a normal ole human being but that through prayer and God's intervention they decided to release the boy unharmed.

Be well my friend!  God Bless!

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, Old Time Lifter said:

Yes, because this is a BF site more are inclined (want to to be honest) to see this as involving BF.  As a minister I am seeing many Christians who want to attribute this to a Guardian Angel, on paranormal sites, it's the ghost or spirit of a loved one or just some random kind spirit... the old analogy of if you're a carpenter every situation involves a hammer comes to mind.

I'm interested in many fields and actually have a more realistic and even scientific mind than most in my chosen field.  To me I suspect an abduction as I have stated, prayer works in that the mind/heart of the abductor brought them to release the boy near his home.

I don't think the boy would have been able to do as well as he did all on his own for that long of a period of time and I really don't think the searchers (again trained dogs were used) would have missed him in that confined of a space.  But, I grant you kids are surprisingly tough at times... but, small bodies don't fare as well in the cold and that's hard to dismiss.

I am a Christian who doesn't believe in the "paranormal" per se.  There are only two types of spirits in my opinion, good and evil.  Sometimes, even an evil spirit can do good things to deceive people.  As to what happened to this boy?  There are several reasons why I don't buy his being abducted by a human.  1) If it were a human, why would he risk coming back to the same area where the abduction occurred, knowing that everybody was looking for the kid?  Conscience, yes.  Stupid, no.  2) Why would he wade into the swamp in very cold water to put the boy in a thicket of briars to be found?  Where did he park his vehicle, and why would he risk it being seen by neighbors in the area?  3)  The boy insists he was with a friendly "bear" the whole time.  It doesn't add up to human abduction to me.

Edited by Little Foot
  • Upvote 2

Bears have always been a scapegoat for anything that doesn’t confirm to traditional beliefs. 

Edited by TimberBull

35 minutes ago, TimberBull said:

Bears have always been a scapegoat for anything that doesn’t confirm to traditional beliefs. 

Well if bears like Yogi and Boo Boo weren’t running around stealing picnic baskets......

• Haha 2

I look at this rather simplistically.

If it was and alien abduction, then the alien looked similar to a bear and it abducted him not to a ship, but rather, into the woods.

If it was a bear, it would have had to come out of hibernation and out of it's den so it would be visible in the day light and not in a dark den and it would also have to have a similar build and mannerism of an upright cartoon bear for the boy to recognize that it was a bear and act contrary to it's nature.

If it was a person who abducted him, the person would have had to be wearing something similar to a bear and how did the boy escape?

If it was a Sasquatch, then it would have to look similar enough to the cartoon bear and have similar mannerisms and be willing to take care of him or even lure or take him away in the first place.

OR

It was a miracle and the bear is the manifestation of something that the child could identify with or it could be just a figment of his imagination. 

Because it makes no sense that the child survived, with the information we have, I choose to believe the last two are the most likely, however, with more information, my opinion may change.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

If it was and alien abduction, then the alien looked similar to a bear and it abducted him not to a ship, but rather, into the woods.

If it was a bear, it would have had to come out of hibernation and out of it's den so it would be visible in the day light and not in a dark den and it would also have to have a similar build and mannerism of an upright cartoon bear for the boy to recognize that it was a bear and act contrary to it's nature.

If it was a person who abducted him, the person would have had to be wearing something similar to a bear and how did the boy escape?

If it was a Sasquatch, then it would have to look similar enough to the cartoon bear and have similar mannerisms and be willing to take care of him or even lure or take him away in the first place.

OR

It was a miracle and the bear is the manifestation of something that the child could identify with or it could be just a figment of his imagination. 

Because it makes no sense that the child survived, with the information we have, I choose to believe the last two are the most likely, however, with more information, my opinion may change.

You summarized it well. I think you are right.

My kid would never be taken by a person and then tell me it was a bear even at just barely 3.

5 hours ago, Twist said:

Well if bears like Yogi and Boo Boo weren’t running around stealing picnic baskets......

There you go again, scapegoating bears.

Edited by Rockape

And the lad may simply have been lucky in the situation, where a BF (or perhaps someone gone native) had either been watching or coincidentally happened upon him. It's also quite possible that which ever it was(BF or human) simply snatched the boy once he approached a suitable spot well out of sight, either intending to keep the youngster or merely borrow him for a while. One might ask if the boy soiled himself over that time period, or if there was evidence of him being cleaned by someone(thing) else, the extent of which, and apparent means, might well lend insight to that which did so....

perhaps the spirit(s) of his ancestors guided him to safety, then returned him once moving about was safer, directing him on a path that would result in him getting ensnared. Never know, ancestors work in mysterious way, after all.....

On 1/31/2019 at 3:17 PM, Little Foot said:

Sometimes, even an evil spirit can do good things to deceive people

That is a slippery slope to oblivion, leaving open the thought process that no matter if it is good it can still be evil. 

I don’t buy the idea that a bear would put up with a small kid, or even take/help a kid in the wild.  Maybe a bear wouldn’t kill or hurt a small kid, but I don’t see a bear taking care of a kid.   I can see a gorilla, ape , monkey,  not having any problem bringing in a small kid and taking care of them as there own.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

325C704A-5981-4E73-A98C-985CBAAD9422.jpeg.1022b0447da675ba29210d3b81d544f4.jpeg

^^^^^^    Nailed it.    Got a good laugh out of that. 

I am not of the mind that BF took the kid but I also don't believe that a bear looked after him either.     The human body is an amazing thing and can stand up to some incredible conditions.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

cmsstgbear.pdf

On 1/31/2019 at 7:06 PM, Doug said:

OR

Not all southeastern bears hiberate, they can go into a temporary torpor but will even come out in snow and forage, I know I have the documentation with tracking and feeding evidence near the base of red oaks in the southern apps.   This has been a very whiplash season for a typical winter in the south, as will the rest of them be in terms of the predictable global warming future.   I say it is more likely he found a bear dugout/den for a respite than joined a hibernating bear on two legs, or it  could have been the four-legged bear joined him on the cold night in the hole/dugout made by the ursine earlier  and not  tucked him under it's arm like grandpa and steered him back to the briar patch, SAR and the calls of humans.  Then again, Winnie the Pooh could have been read to him the week before the sojourn or the Jungle Book and such.  Anyhoo, it is all academic, the bear necessities worked for him and that is all that counts. cmsstgbear.pdf

Edited by bipedalist

This could have been something similar to this story. What overrides the normal and natural instincts in animals sometimes to do something way out of their character? The boy (teenager at the time) even tried to run the elk off multiple times but they kept coming back to him.

Edited by David NC
  • Thanks 1