For the knowers who have seen them up close...

NatFoot

It might help if the few that have seen one up close enough to see it’s facial features post images that closest compare to what was observed. I believe that would help tremendously..

Cheers!

I've read reports of sasquatch noses being ape-like, but some people have noses like that, too. I think, just like with people, it can vary.

• Like 1

@MIB

No offense taken here. Not really my picture.

What I was saying was that the pic in the OP is less human looking than Patty.

Also, your picture is fantastic and downright scary (if you're not a fan of them being more human than ape). I have never seen that before so I very much appreciate it.

5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

How accurate is this? Just happened to stumble upon this today and thought it was a believable representation of what they might look like.

Thoughts?

6+Most+Believable+BIGFOOT+Sightings.jpg

1 hour ago, MIB said:

I'm not sure I'd say this.   Regarding your picture, hopefully without offense, I'd just say cartoonish.  To my eye it captures the essence of Roger Patterson's little clay bigfoot statue.  

Here is forensic artist Harvey Pratt's rendition of Patty minus the hair ( swiped from Google images, attributed to the Bigfoot Field Journal there )   The only thing I find missing in Harvey's drawing is the wrinkles at the bridge of the nose.   If you look at the cover art for Enoch or DWA's old avatar, you'll get what I mean.   It's partly obscured by hair so it's reasonable for Harvey to have missed that detail.

Harvey1.thumb.jpg.e6e4eeed8a6f36fea61dfa204373266b.jpg

I wouldn't call that "ape".   Not particularly attractive but a darn sight more human than chimp-like or gorilla-like.

MIB

It's hard for me to buy that MUCH variation in the nose of the creature.  Unless the one has lost part of its nose to frostbite, which considering this weeks forecast seems possible.

SSR Team
5 hours ago, Rockape said:

You'll want to hear from Nathan on this though. He had a very close, unambiguous sighting. His story is here somewhere, along with a well done drawing of what he encountered.

Guess I’m getting mixed up ?

NatFoot isn’t Nathaniel B ?

Apologies if I am.

28 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Guess I’m getting mixed up ?

Apologies if I am.

LOL, I made the same mistake Bobby. No, NatFoot is not "our" Nathan.

Edited by Rockape
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Correct.  He is Nathanfooter, not NatFoot.     

MIB

I am Nathaniel York Bronis , I am from central lower MI and I saw a male Sasquatch in 2009 in full daylight at about 120 feet.   I moved from to WA to work on the falcon project ( also known as the Failing Project ) after my research areas had logged over several years.  I am work with various groups/individuals here in the PNW and conduct field operations ranging from Skagit to Skamania counties.<<---  Clarification on Nathanfooter and background.

Thread photo question :      No, that does not look like a Sasquatch, the orbital sockets are framed  so tightly ( like a modern ape ) and the nose is completely wrong.  The creature I saw in 2009 had a fully hooded nose but it was fairly wide and did not protrude very far off the face. The dental structuring of the creature I witnessed was not nearly that far forward and he clearly had a framed chin.   A good representation  for what I saw would be the art piece done of the sykesville monster, the first time I saw it online I had an adrenaline surge and flashbacks.

This picture looks very much like the one that I saw face to face. The main differences were that the nose was much smaller & looked like a human nose that was just turned up on the end. Also, he didn't have hair over his nose or under his eyes & the hair was shorter. When I first saw him I thought he was a human.

BF1.jpg

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I am Nathaniel York Bronis , I am from central lower MI and I saw a male Sasquatch in 2009 in full daylight at about 120 feet.   I moved from to WA to work on the falcon project ( also known as the Failing Project ) after my research areas had logged over several years.  I am work with various groups/individuals here in the PNW and conduct field operations ranging from Skagit to Skamania counties.<<---  Clarification on Nathanfooter and background.

Thread photo question :      No, that does not look like a Sasquatch, the orbital sockets are framed  so tightly ( like a modern ape ) and the nose is completely wrong.  The creature I saw in 2009 had a fully hooded nose but it was fairly wide and did not protrude very far off the face. The dental structuring of the creature I witnessed was not nearly that far forward and he clearly had a framed chin.   A good representation  for what I saw would be the art piece done of the sykesville monster, the first time I saw it online I had an adrenaline surge and flashbacks.

How were you able to determine (from 120 feet away)  that what you allegedly saw was a male [sasquatch]?

Yea I will echo Bobby and Nathan on the nose, which is not even in any ballpark.  Anyway, the OP's image is a typical artist attempt - take some human and ape features and blend, and leave the face hair short so everyone can see all the features (the artist's efforts).  

But these things look like sasquatches, not people or gorillas.  And that long hair can definitely encroach or continue on the face.  I don't see many images that mirror what I saw, but here are some that are not crazy off:

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/mjm/ohsket.asp

You can see what I mean about the hair, it really covers a lot up.  I could barely tell mine had a nose from 75 feet (daylight 2 minute encounter).  Forget ears!

Great! Thanks. What's strange is that those drawings don't look much like the syskesville monster which looks very human, with short hair, to me.