Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

Hello,

Has as anyone heard anything coming out of Area X? Been over a year since their last (somewhat disappointing) podcast. Have they wound up the operation?

I am still listening to the old podcasts and find them fascinating, whether any of it was true or not. 

Best regards. 

Lee

I know, it's confounding.  The information coming out of the NAWAC concerning Area X was so compelling.  It really seemed to me that they were on the cusp of collecting a specimen, and then things went silent.  I don't know how to read it.  Were they successful?  Were they shut down?   Did they decide it was in their best interest to lower their profile?   

Yes it is confounding!

think they had to move away from their original research site where they had cabins, to a different area where they were camping and then the activity seemed dry up, or certainly decrease.  But I’m not 100% sure. 

I was was convinced they had something there, at the original site. I still think something happened, but I’m not entirely convinced it was “wood ape” activity now. I don’t think they were hoaxing, either. 

Hopefully they might let let everyone know soon. 

Best regards,

lee

1 hour ago, dopelyrics said:

Yes it is confounding!

think they had to move away from their original research site where they had cabins, to a different area where they were camping and then the activity seemed dry up, or certainly decrease.  But I’m not 100% sure. 

I was was convinced they had something there, at the original site. I still think something happened, but I’m not entirely convinced it was “wood ape” activity now. I don’t think they were hoaxing, either. 

Hopefully they might let let everyone know soon. 

Best regards,

lee

What are you implying by saying that something happened but might not have been wood ape?

Not implying anything as such, but trying to think of alternatives to what the group claimed. 

Maybe be there were members of the group hoaxing other members of the group. Maybe the whole group were hoaxing. Maybe the whole group were being hoaxed. Maybe everything they said was true. The point is, without further updates we’re all in limbo and the longer we don’t hear anything, the more people like me will speculate that all wasn’t as it seemed. 

Best regards, 

Lee

• Thanks 1

People with weapons hoaxing others who have weapons? Not a real possibility as all of them appeared quite sane to talk to.

But you ask a good question, and one that has crossed my mind now and then. I figured I'd hear something sooner or later, and it is now past later.

My guess is that the public reaction and that of the so-called scientific community was something that they just found too tedious to continue to deal with, and decided to just go dark. Even before they released their monograph on Area X findings, Bipto, the ad hoc spokesperson for the NWAC declared he was fed up with the ongoing "gotcha" tone of the conversation here and signed-off, never to post again as far as I know.

I do believe all of them have found their own, personal proof. It is shame, if so, that that they haven't made any recent attempts to share more information. I for one would love to have an update, but they don't owe any of us a thing.

• Upvote 2

You make a great point about people with weapons hoaxing people with weapons, WSA. I don’t think that’s one of the explanations!

In fact, I agree with everything you said. 

Back to listening to “Further Adventures In A Land Called X” for me. 

Best regards,

Lee

I don't think they were hoaxing or being hoaxed, not deliberately.  

I see a pattern, though, one I've seen with other witnesses when it comes to evidence.    They are very excited about what they have, looks good to them, and probably is, but when taken out of the context of personal experience, it becomes quite thin, not nearly as convincing, and ... sort of falls apart.   It does not mean they were hoaxing, it only means they were kidding themselves about how solid their evidence is .. and to them it probably is, to someone outside the experiences, it isn't.   I've had this happen to me with a number of witnesses.  

An example is a guy .. anonymous .. who contacted me about activity a back corner of his property that occurs each year in late winter / early spring for 2-3 weeks.    He had nothing to gain by BS-ing me, then vanishing.   I think he just didn't have anything strong enough to back up his story stand-alone.   His location and the time of year are viable and would explain a gap in my data.

MIB

• Upvote 2

My memory is vague so don't quote me on this, but I recall that there was a shooting incident that pissed off the landowner.  Not sure if that is why they moved on, but have not heard anything since then.  

I never agreed with their conclusion that BFs are simple wood apes.

• Upvote 1

I think one has to take the position that they are "simple apes" if your group's stated goal is killing one.  I've noticed they choose and cull their new members based on that position, and you have to be solidly in the camp  of "simple ape" to get in the NAWAC.

From what I've gathered from Area X information, the NAWAC believes they hit a "wood ape" at 30 yards with a shotgun in 2011, and miraculously missed with a 30-06 at 20 yards due to a ricochet off a small twig or limb in 2013.   They had multiple sightings, and several of their sightings were experienced by groups of witnesses.  I'm really inclined to believe that virtually everything they reported was Bigfoot activity.  And that activity may have died down once the Bigfoot took the hint that they were being actively hunted.

What's odd, is that the group essentially went silent immediately after their most public act, the hosting of Rob Lowe and his sons for an episode of the Lowes' reality show.  

Edited by Bluegrassfoot

I was really rooting for the group. Because they were pro kill and all.

But with the amount of activity reported? And how long its been? 

If they havent sealed the deal by now? Something is wrong.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, MIB said:

I don't think they were hoaxing or being hoaxed, not deliberately.  

I see a pattern, though, one I've seen with other witnesses when it comes to evidence.    They are very excited about what they have, looks good to them, and probably is, but when taken out of the context of personal experience, it becomes quite thin, not nearly as convincing, and ... sort of falls apart.   It does not mean they were hoaxing, it only means they were kidding themselves about how solid their evidence is .. and to them it probably is, to someone outside the experiences, it isn't.   I've had this happen to me with a number of witnesses.  

MIB

I agree,.... All the talk also builds expectations from this community, and it's patience wears thin. This happens with every other habituation site as well.  The pattern repeats where the evidence just doesn't quite do it for the collectively interested. Great evidence like clear daylight photo's at close range never happens.  Somehow there must be a good reason, in spite of their obvious existence to many. NAWAC probably wised up, or encountered/ collected something they can't talk about.   

BFF Patron
On 1/28/2019 at 2:40 PM, WSA said:

People with weapons hoaxing others who have weapons? Not a real possibility as all of them appeared quite sane to talk to.

But you ask a good question, and one that has crossed my mind now and then. I figured I'd hear something sooner or later, and it is now past later.

My guess is that the public reaction and that of the so-called scientific community was something that they just found too tedious to continue to deal with, and decided to just go dark. Even before they released their monograph on Area X findings, Bipto, the ad hoc spokesperson for the NWAC declared he was fed up with the ongoing "gotcha" tone of the conversation here and signed-off, never to post again as far as I know.

I do believe all of them have found their own, personal proof. It is shame, if so, that that they haven't made any recent attempts to share more information. I for one would love to have an update, but they don't owe any of us a thing.

You have to assign an extreme level of low intelligence to BF if you believe you can go into a specific area repeatedly and hunt it down.     Deer seem to evaporate from an area when a hunting party is present.    Put BF at near human intelligence (I think that is a good assumption) and BF would soon figure at that a specific group of humans is hunting them.    They likely simply become more careful about moving around or leave the area and move to an area where things are safer.     Contacts would drop off to nothing over a relatively short period of time.      Based in my experience hunting with a camera,   BF have different phases with a specific human.    The discovery phase where they try to figure out what you are up to and how much of a threat you are.   The next phase may include some interaction if juveniles are involved and curious.      Then I would say you get into a barely tolerant phase where they get tired of you being around and interrupting their normal daily activities.   Then finally I pushed them too hard and they got angry and intolerant.        That for me was probably the most dangerous phase.    Then due to logging and probably me pestering,   they left.      Hunters with guns would have some of these interaction phases skipped and find themselves wondering where the BF went.    

A hunting group probably has a limited period of time to find and make their kill in a given area with a given group of BF.     Once BF figures out you are hunting them,   it probably becomes nearly impossible to get close enough to make a kill.   

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

Anyone with even a faint interest in to scientific discovery of this species should listen to the “Tag 7” podcast of theirs.

It’s pretty incredible.

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Anyone with even a faint interest in to scientific discovery of this species should listen to the “Tag 7” podcast of theirs.

It’s pretty incredible.

It's been a while since I listened to it, but it did seem possible they managed to get a tracking tag on one.   The device, encased in a bur, was positioned where only something very tall could contact it.  As I remember, the problem they encountered was having a good enough system to maintain contact and close in on the subject.  However, the idea is genius.  If you can get a radio tag on one, it negates their stealth advantage.  You  just need some system advanced enough that you can maintain contact and continuously know location.

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic