Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

There is a good recent update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kENTd9EFaNk&t=2861s

I listened to this last night.

Two researchers were there recently to film a documentary.

Lots of action: rock throwing, eyeshine observations and "monkey howling."

Some ex military dude named "Darrel" unable to get a shot off with a "woodape" in his scope etc...

No photo's or no recordings obtained.

BFF Patron

That presumes that something with hands is not smart enough to remove the tag.  If stupidity is necessary for their methodology to work,  I don't think they have much chance for success.  

38 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

That presumes that something with hands is not smart enough to remove the tag.  If stupidity is necessary for their methodology to work,  I don't think they have much chance for success.  

Homo sapiens, as a species, is unarguably the smartest that has ever existed on this planet, but I can show you a limitless litany of incredibly stupid people. It appears as though you're positing that a stupid sasquatch cannot exist.

My impression from reading the Ouachita Project Monograph (see link below), was that the entities that NAWAC was encountering were not stupid or afraid of them, but instead were playing games with them.

It seemed as if the entities had the upper hand and controlled whatever interaction was going to happen.

The entities knew they were being monitored, since the interactions stopped once infrared and NV cameras were installed around the perimeter of the cabin.

Interactions returned once cameras were removed.

That was not a sign of being stupid but of intelligence.

Nonetheless, I agree that it is odd that a creature(s) that is being shot at, keeps returning to the same location.

Either that area was critical to them and they expected to eventually scare humans off the land or they were having too much fun with the humans and knew they had the upper hand.

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/48-news/248

11 hours ago, Explorer said:

My impression from reading the Ouachita Project Monograph (see link below), was that the entities that NAWAC was encountering were not stupid or afraid of them, but instead were playing games with them.

It seemed as if the entities had the upper hand and controlled whatever interaction was going to happen.

The entities knew they were being monitored, since the interactions stopped once infrared and NV cameras were installed around the perimeter of the cabin.

Interactions returned once cameras were removed.

That was not a sign of being stupid but of intelligence.

Nonetheless, I agree that it is odd that a creature(s) that is being shot at, keeps returning to the same location.

Either that area was critical to them and they expected to eventually scare humans off the land or they were having too much fun with the humans and knew they had the upper hand.

http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/48-news/248

Anything that is allowing itself to be shot at and possibly wounded or killed? Repeatedly?

Is not the brightest bulb in the pack.

8 hours ago, norseman said:

Anything that is allowing itself to be shot at and possibly wounded or killed? Repeatedly?

Is not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Anything that keeps returning to a location with folks trying to kill it, and making a fool of all them is not the dimmest bulb in the pack.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

Anything that keeps returning to a location with folks trying to kill it, and making a fool of all them is not the dimmest bulb in the pack.

Maybe and maybe not.   I pretty well nailed down a small active area and would spend most of my field time there.   I got very intrusive and pesky.     I kept having interactions and when I tried to get one to break cover I got growled at.    With me pestering them and clear cut logging closing in,  I could not figure out why they simply did not move away.   I expressed that on the forum and got some good suggestions as to why.    Birthing area or nursery area were good suggestions.    I decided to investigate that specifically then I discovered a collapsed lava tube.   Figured that maybe the area was active because they had a cave shelter or a birthing /nursery area in the lava tube.   However following the lava tube I discovered what I think was the reason.   A year round artesion well was bubbling up out of the lava tube.   Pure water available year round was of value to them and why they frequented the area.     

There may be reasons BF hang out in some given area and tolerate human pressures.    Perhaps as in my case, the reasons can be discovered.   

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Explorer said:

It was a branch deflecting the bullet that created a miss. Thus making them "fools".

It had nothing to with Sasquatch strategy.

^^

You got to look at the whole time (I believe they started in 2006 with camera strategy and switched in 2012 to specimen collection strategy), resources and people invested in the effort.

If I recall, per their report, they had 49 visual sightings, (most of them near the cabin and within 5 mile radius of the cabin) yet not one camera shot; needless to say a kill shot.

Yet the creatures kept coming back after getting shot at and continued throwing rocks at the cabin and interacting with them.

In addition, there were some shooting incidents that got them into trouble with landowner and within their group (don't want to repeat old threads here).

If you think that branch deflecting the bullet created the miss (something NAWAC wants your to believe) and thus proves that their strategy is working, then that shows your bias.

Something does not seem right.

Don't get me wrong, I support NAWAC and want them to succeed and believe they got all sort of smart people trying to make it happen.

However, they don't seem to be getting the goods on evidence and the BF's appear to be playing them.

I will be glad to be proven wrong tomorrow, once they bring in the specimen to science or some really good video footage.

BFF Patron

I gotta believe you have to be a Cool Hand Luke to take a shot at a BF that is advancing on you and hit it, especially at night.     I had a recorder running after I had one encounter.   I fumbled turning it on before the event but finally got it on when I realized it was not recording..       I did not realized how excited I was until I played back the recording.    Even though I was standing still at the time of the encounter, listening to the thing approach me,  the recording sounded like I had just run 1/4 mile.  

I don't know all the details (protocols) about how the NAWAC investigators researched the area every day.

My recollection was that they always carried guns with them when day-hiking or exploring the area (not sure if their guns were all big enough for a kill shot) or if they were in kill-shot mode all the time.

Not sure about them wearing any Go-pro cameras or carrying cameras with them.

Don't think that in any of the 49 visual incidents a photo capture was tried.

Several of these visuals were in daytime.

But from an evidence collection POV, what is easier to accomplish in the real world outside of Bigfootdom:  to capture a wild elusive creature on film or to shoot and kill one?

I am not a hunter, but believe that it would easier and safer to first capture the creature on film.

Had the 49 visual sighters been wearing a GO-Pro cameras, would we have better evidence for their efforts?  I have no idea.

Apparently, NAWAC gave up on the camera capture idea due to lack of results and felt the specimen collection option was easier and had a bigger bang per buck of invested effort.

The best people to answer these questions are the NAWAC folks. 

I am sure they have gone over their tactics and strategies hundreds of time in their internal reviews.

Will love to listen to their internal meeting debating all these issues.

Edited by Explorer

1 hour ago, Explorer said:

^^

You got to look at the whole time (I believe they started in 2006 with camera strategy and switched in 2012 to specimen collection strategy), resources and people invested in the effort.

If I recall, per their report, they had 49 visual sightings, (most of them near the cabin and within 5 mile radius of the cabin) yet not one camera shot; needless to say a kill shot.

Yet the creatures kept coming back after getting shot at and continued throwing rocks at the cabin and interacting with them.

In addition, there were some shooting incidents that got them into trouble with landowner and within their group (don't want to repeat old threads here).

If you think that branch deflecting the bullet created the miss (something NAWAC wants your to believe) and thus proves that their strategy is working, then that shows your bias.

Something does not seem right.

Don't get me wrong, I support NAWAC and want them to succeed and believe they got all sort of smart people trying to make it happen.

However, they don't seem to be getting the goods on evidence and the BF's appear to be playing them.

I will be glad to be proven wrong tomorrow, once they bring in the specimen to science or some really good video footage.

Im just going off their reports.... as are you.

Im just basing my judgement on reality.

If your sneaking into rock throwing range of a bunch of men with FLIR scoped rifles!? 

Your playing Russian roulette!

BFF Patron

Well the big assumption there is that BF know what FLIR equipped rifles can do.   There are several reports I have read where people shoot at BF and they seem not to understand bullets are heading their way.   A human would duck and or seek cover.    The accounts of first European encounters with primative peoples where firearms were used read very similar.    That stick over there bangs and one of theirs falls wounded or dead a distance away.      Without seeing a projectile like a spear or arrow it probably is very confounding to a primitive people until they figure things out.     

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic