Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

BFF Patron
On 2/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, hiflier said:

If they are smart it would be, or SHOULD be, an entirely covert operation until the public announcement. Not one peep or piece of digital communication. A scenario that has been discussed here many times as being a requirement for getting a specimen out of the forest and onto a slab without losing it.

You forget that they dodged out of public much like the Michigan Project when the heat got turned up and things didn't turn the way they would have preferred or *holes invaded their planning and staging areas or spilled internal strategy.  

It is that kind of cooperation that sinks many of these project ships.  What choice do they have but go incommunicado? 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2019 at 7:58 PM, 9-dot said:

..........The gift sites are remote, well off trail, and known only to a friend with whom I hike to endeavor to know Sasquatch.  The circle of pointed rocks is a gift from someone else - feral human (I doubt it), Sasquatch (that is my best guess), human messing with me (certainly a strong possibility)..........

Can I ask what state or area your gift site is?

On 1/31/2019 at 12:16 PM, norseman said:

I was really rooting for the group. Because they were pro kill and all.

But with the amount of activity reported? And how long its been? 

If they havent sealed the deal by now? Something is wrong.

Their stance is why I was interested in their  group activity as well. I had spoken to a member and discussed why exactly I don't think the creatures exist. 

It was my hope that they would be able to prove me wrong by killing one and documenting it by examination .

If they do exist and the government does in fact  not allow it to be known, perhaps this could explain the mission not be accomplished.

Perhaps they were getting  closer to achieving their goal. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Just found this thread and read through it. Here are the items I recall about Area X from Bipto here on the Forum and other sources.

They did try using Go-Pro cameras, but the hot/humid climate as well as issues with replacing or recharging batteries throughout the day was a problem, also that the wide angle lenses weren't well suited for use in the dense flora with generally short sight lines.

Encounters tended to be brief, sudden and often far enough away that reacting fast enough to bring a conventional camera to bear and have it focus on the subject rather than closer foliage while there was still something to photograph was nearly impossible. I believe Hairy Man was part of the group who surprised two or more of the creatures and had only a few seconds to observe them as they moved at high speed up a steep slope.

When they used a thermal rifle scope, their hide was covered with green or black plastic trash bags which were opaque to visible light but did not interfere with the scopes ability to detect heat signatures. I believe the rifle was a 300 Win mag and the bullet was deflected, as Norse said, by a branch. The digital night vision equipment I've researched operates in the near infrared spectrum, roughly 850 nm. If there is insufficient ambient light, starlight or moonlight, they require an auxiliary I.R. light that is visible to human eyes as a red glow at the source, though not visible as reflected light. There is a fair amount of anecdotal evidence that sasquatch vision may be more sensitive to near infrared than ours. I emailed a bit with Bipto on possible ways to filter out the visible portion of light from the IR illuminators on their security cameras but don't recall if they tried anything before removing the system.

A couple of years ago, Bipto posted a drone video that he shot flying over Area X. The canopy was pretty much impenetrable visually from above.

I hadn't heard of the Tag 7 information but will listen to the podcast. Seth Breedlove's production, "On the Trail of Bigfoot" is available in two parts on Amazon Prime video priced at $2.99 to rent or $7.99 to buy fro each part.

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

...........It was my hope that they would be able to prove me wrong by killing one and documenting it by examination .

If they do exist and the government does in fact  not allow it to be known, perhaps this could explain the mission not be accomplished.

Perhaps they were getting  closer to achieving their goal. 

Consider this:

If these creatures exist, it would be difficult to accept that government hasn't known it for a long time. The Indian Wars ended in the early 1890's, so by that time, the federal government had a really good handle on the legal and cultural difficulties of negotiating with aboriginal peoples, and almost all Indian peoples recognize sasquatches as a race of wild people. 

The behavior (or, more accurately, the absolute absence of any and all behavior) of both California and federal governments after the filming of the PG event, even unto today, goes so beyond suspicion as to virtually scream out guilt. Both the California and federal government bully their way into every issue imaginable from the amount of water a urinal uses to the inspection of mattresses, yet we are to believe that they care so incompletely about the PG film that neither has ever so much as uttered a peep? 

Sorry. I lived a full life within government, and I can't accept that possibility. 

Therefore, I'm forced to believe that not only do they know that they exist, but they have conducted some study, or have closely monitored certain scientists or other appropriate people who have gathered intelligence on these creatures. There's no way they'd simply ignore them without gathering intelligence on them.

Thus, if somebody is making headway with these creatures, and if government wants to keep these creatures low key, the researchers might be enticed to conduct their work quietly. A bit of funding and counseling might be proffered. It wouldn't take much to convince capable researchers to keep quiet about their knowledge. Simply reminding what "discovery" might mean to these creatures could be enough for researchers to continue their work quietly.

I believe it's very possible that people might be doing the Goodall/Fossey thing with sasquatches as we discuss this, and it might not become public knowledge for another few decades.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

I believe it's very possible that people might be doing the Goodall/Fossey thing with sasquatches as we discuss this, and it might not become public knowledge for another few decades.

Absolutely possible.  Given the opportunity, I would, and I know several others I've done field work with who would, too.  

MIB

10 hours ago, Huntster said:

Consider this:

If these creatures exist, it would be difficult to accept that government hasn't known it for a long time. The Indian Wars ended in the early 1890's, so by that time, the federal government had a really good handle on the legal and cultural difficulties of negotiating with aboriginal peoples, and almost all Indian peoples recognize sasquatches as a race of wild people. 

The behavior (or, more accurately, the absolute absence of any and all behavior) of both California and federal governments after the filming of the PG event, even unto today, goes so beyond suspicion as to virtually scream out guilt. Both the California and federal government bully their way into every issue imaginable from the amount of water a urinal uses to the inspection of mattresses, yet we are to believe that they care so incompletely about the PG film that neither has ever so much as uttered a peep? 

Sorry. I lived a full life within government, and I can't accept that possibility. 

Therefore, I'm forced to believe that not only do they know that they exist, but they have conducted some study, or have closely monitored certain scientists or other appropriate people who have gathered intelligence on these creatures. There's no way they'd simply ignore them without gathering intelligence on them.

Thus, if somebody is making headway with these creatures, and if government wants to keep these creatures low key, the researchers might be enticed to conduct their work quietly. A bit of funding and counseling might be proffered. It wouldn't take much to convince capable researchers to keep quiet about their knowledge. Simply reminding what "discovery" might mean to these creatures could be enough for researchers to continue their work quietly.

I personally do not believe that the Goodall approach is possible. If you consider everything from Indian reports, researcher reports and the 411 reports. I think the consensus is these things do not like hanging out with humans and in certain cases may even prey on them.

If the Ft. Colville site wasn’t flooded by grand coulee dam? I could see it from my house. From a missionary letter from 1840:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends/spokanes.htm

"They believe in the existence of a race of giants which inhabit a certain mountain off to the west of us. This mountain is covered with perpetual snow. They inhabit its top. They may be classed with Goldsmith's nocturnal class, as they cannot see in the daytime. They hunt and do all their work: in the night."

"They are men stealers. They come to the people's lodges in the night, when the people are asleep, and put them under their skins and take them to their place of abode without their even walking. When they awake in the morning they are wholly lost, not knowing in what direction their home is. The account the Indians give of these giants will in some measure correspond with the Bible account of such a race of beings. They say their track is about a foot and a half long. They will carry two or three beams upon their back at once."

==================================================================

If Native Americans could not live peacefully with them? What chance do we have?

1 hour ago, MIB said:

.........Given the opportunity, I would, and I know several others I've done field work with who would, too........

There are several names from the sasquatch world of a decade ago that have disappeared from common use after they werecassailed by today's skeptic world and the modern media. I doubt they are "colluding" with government (it was fun to use that word in this context........sort of like doing to them what they've done to others). Frankly, I think these people have simply discovered the overwhelming benefits of conducting their research without the interference and pressures of an uncooperative and undesirable crowd of problem creators. 

But that possibility, too, lends credence to the prospect of fruitful interaction occurring secretly.

50 minutes ago, norseman said:

I personally do not believe that the Goodall approach is possible. If you consider everything from Indian reports, researcher reports and the 411 reports. I think the consensus is these things do not like hanging out with humans and in certain cases may even prey on them.......

But, my friend, your own reference clearly shows otherwise:

............They are men stealers. They come to the people's lodges in the night, when the people are asleep, and put them under their skins and take them to their place of abode.........

Even more than Goodall/Fossey/chimps/gorillas, these creatures themselves desire co-habitation so much that they themselves kidnap homo sapiens. And it's appears that it's not always for the purpose of cannibalism or sexual exploitation. The Albert Ostman and Muchalat Harry stories, the two that I know of where the human escaped back to civilization, both showed more of a curiosity than aggression, although it is possible that these men were taken to provide a young, female sasquatch a suitor. But that possibility also demonstrates a desire for co-habitation of the highest order.

While both of the above stories indicate male sasquatches doing the kidnapping, I do know of one report from a Koyukon of being harassed by a female sasquatch, and he believed that she was interested in him sexually.

Just the other day Airedale mentioned a story that I was completely unaware of, despite reading everything on this subject I can find, about a man who lived with a group of apes in Oregon, so much so that the government surveyors who discovered the scene called the place Tarzan Springs. 

Cohabitation appears more than possible. It strongly appears that it has occurred numerous times in the past on their terms, and those terms appears to be under complete secrecy from mankind as a whoke.

BFF Patron

The Tarzan Springs story is in Beelarts "Oregon Bigfoot Highway"        Good book relating Oregon encounters.   

38 minutes ago, Huntster said:

..........Even more than Goodall/Fossey/chimps/gorillas, these creatures themselves desire co-habitation so much that they themselves kidnap homo sapiens. And it's appears that it's not always for the purpose of cannibalism or sexual exploitation. The Albert Ostman and Muchalat Harry stories, the two that I know of where the human escaped back to civilization, both showed more of a curiosity than aggression, although it is possible that these men were taken to provide a young, female sasquatch a suitor. But that possibility also demonstrates a desire for co-habitation of the highest order..........

It suddenly occurred to me that this practice of kidnapping or taking slaves was common practice among homo sapiens of different tribes throughout the world, as well. 

23 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But, my friend, your own reference clearly shows otherwise:

Even more than Goodall/Fossey/chimps/gorillas, these creatures themselves desire co-habitation so much that they themselves kidnap homo sapiens. And it's appears that it's not always for the purpose of cannibalism or sexual exploitation. The Albert Ostman and Muchalat Harry stories, the two that I know of where the human escaped back to civilization, both showed more of a curiosity than aggression, although it is possible that these men were taken to provide a young, female sasquatch a suitor. But that possibility also demonstrates a desire for co-habitation of the highest order.

While both of the above stories indicate male sasquatches doing the kidnapping, I do know of one report from a Koyukon of being harassed by a female sasquatch, and he believed that she was interested in him sexually.

Just the other day Airedale mentioned a story that I was completely unaware of, despite reading everything on this subject I can find, about a man who lived with a group of apes in Oregon, so much so that the government surveyors who discovered the scene called the place Tarzan Springs. 

Cohabitation appears more than possible. It strongly appears that it has occurred numerous times in the past on their terms, and those terms appears to be under complete secrecy from mankind as a whoke.

Absolutely they kidnap people, I believe for either sexual desires, maternal instincts or predation. It usually ends up badly for the human.

What they never did was show up to rendezvous and trade with the Indians and fur trappers! They don’t welcome you into their fold with open arms during daylight hours. With females and babies milling about. Instead they conduct midnight raids when humans are at their most vulnerable. This is not a peaceful interaction.

“Habituated” mountain gorillas to this day let tourists right into their troupe. Do you ever see this happening with Sasquatch? I don’t. I see a group of tourists tromping around the mountains looking for Sasquatch and one of them end up missing as the more likely scenario. Poof. Gone. And the skeptics can claim the person wandered off and fell off a cliff or fell in a river or whatever. No proof.

I do not believe a Diane Fossey or a Jane Goodall could walk in there solo and walk out. Ostman reportedly had to fight his way out. Why was he kidnapped? Good question. It may have been as a prospective mate. Or they may have kept him around as a curiosity until times got tough and ate him. Or he may have mated with the daughter and after a time when no pregnancy resulted they may have bonked him over the head. Dead weight.

No telling. But I believe your only going to get so close. About as close as any of our researchers have gotten. Foot casts, wood knocks, whistles, hoots, growls and maybe some brown fur flashes between fir trees. 

I think this is because they have a way more predatory mindset. More like us and way less than great apes. I just posted Sentinel Island natives killing anyone caught on their island.

BFF Patron

It was very common among the First Peoples.     You raided other tribes and kidnapped the women and children that were not killed outright.    We have to remember that the African Great Apes are vegetarians.    While they might have territorial issues with other animals,  the animals do not end up being eaten.   BF may get ticked enough at humans to eat them now and then.     I suspect with all the junk we put in our bodies we do not taste very well.    I imagine I take enough medicine every day to make me taste bad.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Excellent points very well stated, Norse. I can't argue against them convincingly, except to say that there are a few reports (like the Tarzan Springs story) that indicate that cohabitation is possible, even if extremely limited and tenuous.

I'd point out that cohabitation with creatures even as nasty, aggressive, and predatory as brown bears is possible, which stretches the limits of belief, and the stories of Stan Price on Admiralty Island, the ridiculous Timothy Treadwell, and the remarkable story of Charlie Vandergaw, who conducted his activities less than 50 air miles from my home, prove that. Moreover, Vandergaw actually had many visitors fly in and interact with the bears with the full knowledge of the state, who highly discouraged it, and finally acted only after knowledge of his activities began to be publicized. This supports the theory that government desires to keep such things under cover unless they become publicized, upon which they will deal with it appropriately.

514439D2-7E02-4E6B-A5EB-AB8116644F6E.jpeg

EDC64223-7E6F-4E4A-A6BC-42B8063307A4.jpeg

A60E3FC1-2BB9-4025-AED7-FB043DEA8658.jpeg

F3282598-904E-49DC-A26D-950839E8D6D0.jpeg

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic