Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

9 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I think we in Western Oregon and Washington have to thank the First Peoples who lived here for centuries that there are no rattle snakes West of the Cascades.   They must have systematically eradicated the ones that were in the area.   EIther that or the snakes got tired of being flooded out of their burrows by all the rain.   I wonder what their oral history says about that?  I think it almost criminal that  historians did not spend more time with the NA getting their oral histories before the culture was lost.   

Rattlesnakes like warmth. I do not have any rattlesnakes on my north facing ranch. 1/2 mile to the south? Step carefully.

I take it by north facing ranch that must be in relation to a mountain range???  Cause any ranch, house, person etc. is directional based on what side you place the front door lol.  

Well. As a matter of fact my porch does face north. But the 350 acres resides mostly on the north face of a mountain and a creek bottom. 

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Well. As a matter of fact my porch does face north. But the 350 acres resides mostly on the north face of a mountain and a creek bottom. 

Jeaaaaaaalous. 350?!

I am in the must have gun camp.

Here in Florida lots of snakes, bears etc.

The worst of the lot is bad humans. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Jeaaaaaaalous. 350?!

Thats a hobby farm here. I have an employee whose family has 4000 acres.

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

Thats a hobby farm here. I have an employee whose family has 4000 acres.

Maybe you can adopt me?

I would think 350 acres is enough to be home to a Sasquatch, definitely 4000.

Edited by NatFoot

12 minutes ago, norseman said:

Can you ride a horse, build fence lines and drive a Peterbilt?

Balls too big, hands too soft, what did Peter build?

😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Can you ride a horse, build fence lines and drive a Peterbilt?

1) Yupp since I was a kid

2) Yupp since I was a kid

3) Yupp since I was a kid....

Where do fill out the adoption paperwork! Lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

........The worst of the lot is bad humans. 

This deserved an encore.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

This deserved an encore.

Agreed. Not saying anything on a public forum other than I protect my family in our camper, and campground, the best I see fit.

6 hours ago, norseman said:

I wonder what their oral history says about that?  I think it almost criminal that  historians did not spend more time with the NA getting their oral histories before the culture was lost.   

The oral histories  have been put in print. You have to spend days researching. The Natural History Library at the University of Washington has histories of Puget Sound tribes as in Siwash, and a large collection of stories from British Columbia. I do not know if they have been digitized. Takes time to go through any of it.  'Pack a lunch' type of mission. The Bella Coola and Haida groups have long histories. For example, good accounts of when Raven stole the sun and such. I think my favorite story comes from the Bella Coola: "The Fern Gatherers". Simple story speaks volumes.

11 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

The oral histories  have been put in print. You have to spend days researching. The Natural History Library at the University of Washington has histories of Puget Sound tribes as in Siwash, and a large collection of stories from British Columbia. I do not know if they have been digitized. Takes time to go through any of it.  'Pack a lunch' type of mission. The Bella Coola and Haida groups have long histories. For example, good accounts of when Raven stole the sun and such. I think my favorite story comes from the Bella Coola: "The Fern Gatherers". Simple story speaks volumes.

You guys are making claims that there are records of BF, from NA, that are not being accurately captured.

Who is taking up that fight? I'd imagine someone with NA ancestry would do that?

Or, some have tried and it's a lost cause. I'd assume it's not a lost cause but more of a, what's the point?

2 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

..........I'd assume it's not a lost cause but more of a, what's the point?

Both. Again, the Masters of Scientism will accept nothing but a fresh, bleeding carcass. You can bring them a video of a sasquatch ripping a small tree out of the ground and throwing it a hundred yards. No ribbon, no medal, no go. Native oral histories? The Scientism gods will denigrate it in ways that appear racist and get away with it as smooth as silk. 

It simply will be no other way. They want a carcass, they want it delivered, it must be free,  and they must be able to denigrate the killer as a cretin with no morals. Any other "discovery" will be unacceptable.

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic