Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

..........I am surprised that more tourists have not been injured trying to get pictures.  

It appears that the tourists are smarter than locals when it comes to moose. The deaths in Anchorage from moose attacks, to my knowledge, have all been locals. I can clearly remember two, but I know there have been more. 

BFF Patron

There have been a rash of selfie deaths at Yosemite and the Grand Canyon.    Backing up to get the perfect selfie and fall off a cliff.     Some moron was doing that with buffalo at Yellowstone too.   Natural selection at work.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WSA said:

I see these mules out of draft horse stock, and all I can think is the Jack must have had a lot of help! I mean, is there a chute or, umm....appliance that helps that, or are we talking A.I. with a turkey baster? Inquiring minds want to know. 

No. Mammoth Jack.

0FF1EB3F-EEC5-4A82-8299-9FA39271DF75.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, Huntster said:

[R]emembering the old adage that "music calms the savage beast", I wonder how animals might respond to soft singing, especially from a feminine voice?

As an adherent to the successful Anglo-American Enlightenment inspired by the Glorious and American Revolutions -- as opposed to the Continental Progressive Pseudoenlightenment inspired by the dysfunctional French Revolution -- your recalled adage is testable:

Does two and a half minutes of Allison Krause's angelic voice calm you, you savage beast?

LOL........Damn, I've missed you!

Yes, she is outstanding sasquatch and Huntster bait, both vocally and visually. I'd follow that voice anywhere, and relish in the visual reward upon sighting her.

But I'm especially partial to feminine Celtic, and perhaps an ancient language might be recognizable to a sasquatch?

• 1 month later...

The pro kill groups tend to function in intervals. They will get it into gear again at some point. No one has time to dedicate their life to the hunt unless they are retired and financially set without other obligations. Organizing themselves is hard work. Plus, they lose people for whatever reason and go through the usual churn of leadership squabbles and so forth. 

Personally, I like the pro kill groups activity because they are ready for engagement. When they document something, their level of detail is thorough. I thought the killing Bigfoot reality show to be the most interesting of the bunch.

I'm not pro kill anything but like watching good Bigfoot chasing as opposed to wheel spinning with dumb discussion.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

The pro kill groups tend to function in intervals. They will get it into great again at some point. No one has time to dedicate their life to the hunt unless they are retired and financially set without other obligations. Organizing themselves is hard work. Plus, they lose people for whatever reason and go through the usual churn of leadership squabbles and so forth. 

Personally, I like the pro kill groups activity because they are ready for engagement. When they document something, their level of detail is thorough. I thought the killing Bigfoot reality show to be the most interesting of the bunch.

I'm not pro kill anything but like watching good Bigfoot chasing as opposed to wheel spinning with dumb discussion.

I don’t think anything could be taken too seriously with a film crew tagging along. Maybe a GoPro at best. But it makes for good TV I suppose.

In my elder age I've become a lazier hunter. I can't chase game or climb cliffs after them.......and I really never did, anyway. Baiting or calling them in, stationing myself at known migration routes, or vehicular travel into areas just infested with animals was the way I always went with big game. I do like walking through the desert after upland birds and small game, though.

It still seems to me that traveling into an area with extremely dense black bear populations, laying bait, and then watching from afar with good optics and setting game cams at the bait sites is the way to go. Harvesting a few bears is possible, and there might be the remote possibility of getting a pic or shot at a sasquatch.

The absolute best tactic to catch a sasquatch would be to wait for a top quality series of reports, like the Ocean Shores reports from 2012-2015, the Yacolt reports of the late 1980's, or the Bluff Creek reports of 1958-1968, and jump into it with full-time intensity. That is essentially what Patterson did, and he came out with the best photographic evidence ever. Now that we know that photographic evidence (even undisputable like the PG film is) won't bring science and/or government to the table, such an endeavor then doesn't need to drag itself down with cameras.

BOOM!! A good 338 WinMag would put an end to the denial. Then the scientists, lawyers, and government actors would then create a bigger mess than we now have.

37 minutes ago, Huntster said:

In my elder age I've become a lazier hunter. I can't chase game or climb cliffs after them.......and I really never did, anyway. Baiting or calling them in, stationing myself at known migration routes, or vehicular travel into areas just infested with animals was the way I always went with big game. I do like walking through the desert after upland birds and small game, though.

It still seems to me that traveling into an area with extremely dense black bear populations, laying bait, and then watching from afar with good optics and setting game cams at the bait sites is the way to go. Harvesting a few bears is possible, and there might be the remote possibility of getting a pic or shot at a sasquatch.

The absolute best tactic to catch a sasquatch would be to wait for a top quality series of reports, like the Ocean Shores reports from 2012-2015, the Yacolt reports of the late 1980's, or the Bluff Creek reports of 1958-1968, and jump into it with full-time intensity. That is essentially what Patterson did, and he came out with the best photographic evidence ever. Now that we know that photographic evidence (even undisputable like the PG film is) won't bring science and/or government to the table, such an endeavor then doesn't need to drag itself down with cameras.

BOOM!! A good 338 WinMag would put an end to the denial. Then the scientists, lawyers, and government actors would then create a bigger mess than we now have.

Awesome post. Especially the shoot the creature part. I certainly would do just that in the unlikelyhood that that the opportunity presented itself and they really exist

Then of course contact my niece whom happens to be an attorney.

I have put out a fawn decoy and used a fawn distress call before. No luck. If anybody asks, I’m predator hunting. 

The icing on the cake would be a night time FLIR scope.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

I don’t think anything could be taken too seriously with a film crew tagging along. Maybe a GoPro at best. But it makes for good TV I suppose.

GoPro is good for soloists for hands free. Capturing high def video and quality audio these days is not that much overhead in cost and lightweight to carry. If you have FLIR, thermal, etc, most cameras have adapters for it. It's just a crewperson to manage it in the field. 

41 minutes ago, norseman said:

......The icing on the cake would be a night time FLIR scope.

Ah, yes, and a camp of a few guys at least a quarter mile away to keep 24/7 observation in operation.

21 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

GoPro is good for soloists for hands free. Capturing high def video and quality audio these days is not that much overhead in cost and lightweight to carry. If you have FLIR, thermal, etc, most cameras have adapters for it. It's just a crewperson to manage it in the field. 

That’s what I mean.... the 4 dudes following your every move, plus lighting, second takes and all the rest.

Its just not conducive to a hunting trip.

BBAC00ED-5EE6-4C2F-935D-FB08F8C0E55C.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Ah, yes, and a camp of a few guys at least a quarter mile away to keep 24/7 observation in operation.

Having a QRF close would be super cool.

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic