Area X/NAWAC updates?

dopelyrics

6 minutes ago, hiflier said:

An SRN at it's best :) 

No. No research. 

Just enough firepower to tip over a T. rex.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:25 PM, SWWASAS said:

The Quinalt Tribe protocol if you encounter BF is to lower your eyes.     The thinking being it displays respect for the BF who does not like to be seen.    In my estimation if something is 9 feet tall respect is in order.    I suppose the corollary is that to take a picture is disrespectful.   BF sure does not seem to like that.    

Very interesting, it's the same thing you do when near a silverback gorilla. Apparently eye contact and staring is considered a threat or a challenge. 

Presumably they would have passed that down over generations before the advent of gorilla study

Eye contact and staring in certain situations with humans is a threat as we’ll so it will not come as a surprise to eventually learn its the same with BF.

Staring is taken as a threat by canines, too. Same with ungulates. 

But keeping your eyes on a potential threat is common sense, as well. So what's a bigfoot hunter to do?

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But keeping your eyes on a potential threat is common sense, as well. So what's a bigfoot hunter to do?

One of those eyes could be at the back of a rifle scope.

• Haha 1

He is going to have a lot bigger problems than being stared at if I encounter one.

BFF Patron

In the case of BF,   I think if you follow the Quinalt Tribe guidance to look away when you look back up they will be gone.    So many witness reports read like that.   They look away for a second and when they look up BF is gone.       I plan in showing open and empty hands.   The Native American raised right open hand might be a more appropriate greeting.   .   That was a greeting to show you were friendly and show you were not holding a weapon.    My gut feeling is that BF have some sort of inferiority complex related to humans.      Much what we do and what we make must be quite mysterious and perhaps even frightening to them.    One of my habituation contacts related an incident related to what BF think of us.     The group that lived on her fathers property had a young female BF that grew into her teen years on the property.    She would become upset if a male human saw her and seemed frightened of her.    She was of course larger in her late teens than male humans.   Apparently like human teen girls she wanted to be attractive to males, even human males.   Incidentally one day she was no longer there.    The story was that she had been given to or sought out by a male from another tribe as a mate.    Genetically that makes a lot of sense otherwise inbreeding would be a big problem.  

11 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

In the case of BF,   I think if you follow the Quinalt Tribe guidance to look away when you look back up they will be gone.    So many witness reports read like that.   They look away for a second and when they look up BF is gone.       I plan in showing open and empty hands.   The Native American raised right open hand might be a more appropriate greeting.   .   That was a greeting to show you were friendly and show you were not holding a weapon.    My gut feeling is that BF have some sort of inferiority complex related to humans.      Much what we do and what we make must be quite mysterious and perhaps even frightening to them.    One of my habituation contacts related an incident related to what BF think of us.     The group that lived on her fathers property had a young female BF that grew into her teen years on the property.    She would become upset if a male human saw her and seemed frightened of her.    She was of course larger in her late teens than male humans.   Apparently like human teen girls she wanted to be attractive to males, even human males.   Incidentally one day she was no longer there.    The story was that she had been given to or sought out by a male from another tribe as a mate.    Genetically that makes a lot of sense otherwise inbreeding would be a big problem.  

Some fascinating observations.  They do have human traits but we rarely get to see how that plays out through interaction. They don't want to hang around long enough to see where the connection goes. It would be an amazing breakthrough to know more about how they believe they are perceived by us. 

9 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

..........One of my habituation contacts related an incident related to what BF think of us.     The group that lived on her fathers property had a young female BF that grew into her teen years on the property.    She would become upset if a male human saw her and seemed frightened of her.    She was of course larger in her late teens than male humans.   Apparently like human teen girls she wanted to be attractive to males, even human males........

Interesting. If true, it could be good to encounter a young female sasquatch. But William Roe is believed to have encountered a younger female, and she was clearly spooked. Of course, he surprised her by remaining quiet and still.

BFF Patron
On 7/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, Arvedis said:

Some fascinating observations.  They do have human traits but we rarely get to see how that plays out through interaction. They don't want to hang around long enough to see where the connection goes. It would be an amazing breakthrough to know more about how they believe they are perceived by us. 

The follow up to this habituation situation is interesting.    My contact was the daughter of the land owner I met on another BF Forum.   She would often go visit her fathers rural place in Washington State  where the tribe of BF lived year round.     The BF knew her and would often show themselves from a distance.        She decided that she could bring an interested friend to the property to give them the opportunity to see the BF.    When she did, not only did the BF not show to the visitor but since then they would not show themselves to the daughter.      It had been several years since my last contact with the daughter and they still had not resumed showing themselves.      She apparently broke some trust with the tribe of BF.    That sort of behavior smacks of near or human like intellect to me.   Crime and retribution is not an animal behavior. 

• Upvote 2

A glimpse inside area X.

This is quite excellent actually, as are are the 5 other episodes of this series...

Edited by OldMort

53 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

........Crime and retribution is not an animal behavior. 

Trust and betrayal is, at least with canines.

The fact that your contact is female might also play a role in them coming to trust her to begin with.

One can safely assume that these creatures know what guns are since they likely see hunters kill deer and other animals with them. Thus they would probably never trust somebody who they saw carrying a gun.

BFF Patron

Actually the father and the sort of adopted son living on the property were more trusted than the daughter.  She came and went and did not live there for long periods of time.    The adopted son had served in the military and had severe PTSD issues.    As I recall he had been wounded and suffered some sort of brain injury with resulting mental disability.   The BF seemed very comfortable with him in close contact.    The BF were reported to speak some English, just a few words here and there.  

You are right about canines and trust.    Dogs seem to know who they can trust and who like dogs.    Dogs are a better judge of character than most humans are.    If your dog growls at someone you better be careful with that person. 

I am not sure I was ever fully trusted but I was always armed when BF would approach and mess with me by throwing pebbles.   Certainly they never trusted me to let me look at an adult.   On the other had, when I was confronted with the chest thumping stuff,  or growling,   I never drew the weapon.   I just backed off.       I guess it was a bit like mutual deterrence.  We were pushing each others limits.   

• masterbarber pinned and unpinned this topic